Hillary Koster Tax Appeal Express / scam artist!

CA, United States Review updated:

THIS IS A MAJOR SCAM! First of all, you don't need to pay a company to appeal your property taxes. You can EASILY do it yourself. Simply file a case with your local property tax assessor's office. They hire an appraiser to give a valuation to your property and simply reduce your taxes according tothe new assessed value.

Second, Hillary Koster is a scam artist appraiser with multiple complaints at her state board. She is being investigated for fraudulent appraisals in multiple cases and likely can no longer make a living so she has truned to conning people out of money to fill out paperwork which they can easily submit on their own. She makes it sound like you need an expert when you don't!

She takes your money up front so you're stuck. Additionally she then charges you through the nose for her appraisal services. If you don't like her price for the appraisal, you forfeit the money you paid up front for disputing your property taxes (which you can easily do yourself). RUN! Don't walk away from Hillary Koster and Tax Appeal Express. Save your money and do this yourself. It truly is very, very easy!

Comments

Pl
  5th of Feb, 2009
Hillary Koster filed my appeal for a flat rate of 295.00. No additional cost at all. She attended a hearing on behalf and got me a total reduction of $1200.00. If I had gone with another firm that charges 50% I would have paid $600.00 for the same service. Additionally, Hillary told my wife and I that we could file the appeal ourselves. Just like we can do our own taxes or sell our own home but we do not have the knowledge to do any of these things nor the time. So we hired Hillary and are very happy with her service and have recommended her to our friends.
Da
  16th of Apr, 2010
Hillary Koster is a lier!

Hillary Koster offered a guarantee and charged my credit card. Then she just find all kinds of excuse to delay, after 6 months, she never return my email or phone call anymore. What a rip off!

We are prepare to sue her now.

daniel liu
diamond bar, ca 81765
La
  19th of May, 2010
Tax Appeal Express handled my appeal and the process went great. It took about a year but that was the counties fault. My reduction was in excessive of $120, 000. Well worth the fee
Sc
  15th of Dec, 2010
I believe this person is the same person, KAREN HANOVER. Does anyone have a picture or would you recognise her if I sent you a picture?