Hiit Max Plus Bodyrock Tv / Arrogant Customer Service

1 140 College Street, Kingston Ontario K7L4L8, Canada Review updated:

I have been a loyal follower of bodyrock tv and have done their programs for years now! Their programs are awesome but their customer service is anything but! Specifically Sheila. I was paying $4.99 monthly for hiit max plus exercises being emailed to me in weekly formats. My credit card numbers have changed and I forgot to update my card with them. Life gets busy! I'm sure this has happened to everyone including Sheila. It happens! Most businesses let you know when they tried to collect payment but they couldn't and let you know you need to update your card information within a certain time period. This didn't happen with this company until they cancelled the account. Ok so simple fix I thought, I'll let them know I didn't get a chance to update and want to still be in the program. I asked her for help in updating and she said I can't, I have to start all over. Well the price went up by $3 a month since I joined. I asked to reopen my old account at the price I was paying and she wouldn't. All I had to do was update my card info. They didn't even give me all the weeks I paid for until I complained about that! She can go in my account to get all my files of videos but not reactivate it for me. To me this was lazy and greedy customer service! They aren't losing anything, in fact they would have been retaining a paying customer. Now they lost a customer. Instead of putting herself in her customers position she went on about how she feels and how great she is with her customer service and how I'm blaming the wrong person. Instead of trying to help me fix what I needed help with. It's immature and unprofessional business. It's an extremely simple fix that other businesses do all the time. I don't understand their business logic as I am in the business world as well. I get her point it's my fault for forgetting to update my card but it's not hard to help a customer out with a problem like this. I would never turn away a customer. Or put myself above a customer like she did. I seriously felt like I was begging to be a paying customer of theirs. It was pathetic. I feel it's important to let people know that this company doesn't send you failed credit card attempts like most businesses. They will just cancel it and won't help you if you want to stay on. A lot if times prices change so you could end up paying more than what you started at. I told them I was going to write a review on their Facebook page to let others know that accounts get canceled without warning if your credit card numbers change to give everyone a heads up. They don't give you any time to update it, you don't even know your account is cancelled until it already has been. It's pretty important info since changing credit card numbers isn't a rare occurrence. But Sheila's mature professional response was that she monitors their Facebook page and if I leave a review about this circumstance she will delete it and ban me! Shady business practices! So here we are. I asked for the owners email and phone number but she didn't respond with that info. She handled the whole situation very poorly. I felt like I was talking to a bratty teenager! I would never give this company another cent! With the overload of great free fitness options out there you would think their customers would be important to them. Their fitness videos are top notch but god forbid if you need help with customer service on even the simplest of things. And hopefully you won't be dealing with Sheila and her arrogant customer service! Their needs and feelings come first here. Immature and unprofessional business practices mixed with pure arrogance and stupidity. Facebook is full of awesome free fitness! Check out Brenda Vance on facebook, she is awesome (in home circuit training) and there's no need to buy fancy equipment or monthly programs! There's so many out there!

Pa
Jan 15, 2015

Comments

• El
      8th of Nov, 2017

I also have dealt with Sheila.
    I decided to purchase a present for myself, I purchased 400. Worth of equipment. After they shipped me part of my order, I found out 3 of the items were on back order. Which disappointed me then because their website should have said so. Any way after a few more weeks have passed I got 2 more of the items. But it has been 8 weeks since I originally ordered after being told by Sheila that my order would ship last week. I still have no tracking and left emails for Sheila, on Facebook messenger chat, and on the website chat and now I'm just being ignored completely...no one has gotten back to me. The shame is they have such great products and the workouts are awesome but this whole experience has really ruined how I feel about this company.

• La
      28th of Dec, 2018

@Ella657 I'm having the same exact issues with my 600 equipment purchase. They sent two wrong items and another is on back order. It's been over one month. Requested multiple call backs, but the only way to communicate with them is via email. It's a shame because I have been a follower for some time now, but their lack of response and customer service is turning me off to the company entirely.

• La
      28th of Dec, 2018

They have no customer service, if the order is not received, or received incorrectly you are left with back and forward email communication. Purchase 600 worth of equipment some items were wrong and another is still on back order. It's been over a month. I have requested a call back multiple times, and am still waiting.