Highlands Financial Service / Attention! Award Claim notification

1325 Church St EastM1k 2l2 Ontario, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-647-996-4300
I recived a check of 3, 675.00 dollars to pay on winning 65, 100.00 dollars . They told me to go Money Gram, located in any WalMart Store .
You have been assigned to one of our well trained Claim Analyst by name Paul Silverstine at [protected]. He will be responsible in the processing of your winning, and also to answer all your questions. This officer will work with you until your winning is delivered. We strongly advise that you contact Mr. Sliverstine before you can deposit this check in the bank, he will need to instruct you on the check before depositing. If he does not hear from you within a specific period of time, we shall assume the enclosed check as lost: it will be declared null and winning unclaimed.
IS IT SCAM????

Comments

Jl
  15th of Dec, 2008
I just came across this same situation with a friend of mine today. Have you done any further research on this matter?? I'd be quite interested to know more about this. It smells fishy...
Mb
  16th of Dec, 2008
My mom just got the same latter yesterday. She asked me to figure out if it was a hoax or not. I have been researching and I found the commerce bank where the check is from in Cherry Hill, NJ and it is there but it is inside a grocery store. I have not been able to make contact with them yet. So we will see. If anyone knows anything it would b helpful.
Mb
  16th of Dec, 2008
his too virtually no time. It is a hoax! i called the bank the check is from and spoke to someone in the fraud department. they said the account number on the check is not an existing account and it is someone impersonating the bank. There we go!
Jl
  24th of Dec, 2008
I also found it was a hoax. If you check either the account number or routing number (can't remember which one), it's actually the claim number (the one listed on the letter) backwards! I guess it's been going around to a ton of people in neighboring towns/cities too. My friend called the number from the letter, which is different than the one you posted, and someone hung up at first and the second time a guy answered and said not to call again. Paul (if that's a real person) is ### that needs to be caught and punished.
Pa
  8th of Jun, 2010
BEWARE!! I owned a wedding planner company in Henderson, NV. On June 8, 2010 at 9:54 a.m. I received a call from an area code (319) I assumed is Iowa. She claimed she applied a loan application at www.highlandfinancing.com and she received an email stating she's eligible for $500 cash. She would like to claim that money and whereabout to receive it. I was kinda confused and wondered if she has the correct numbers. She repeated my address along with my phone numbers, and they are correct. I said we never offer any cash money or any award, and this might be a scam due to that website required her to complete an application with her SSN and other personal information. After we hung up, I went to google site to search for "higland fincancing fruad" and sure enough I came across this site and other complaints. Here is their web site "http://www.highlandfinancing.com" and when you click at "contact" which located toward the bottom page, it brings up their email "compliancycashadvance@gmail.com", no phone number. Click on "Terms" and go to the bottom page to find their address (don't know if this is real address):
HighlandFinancing.com
2533 N. Carson St., Suite 3927
Carson City, NV 89706
If you copy above company & address and paste it on google search, and click on their web site, it open up another page: 1-Hour-Cash-Advances.com/apply, with the phone numbers: 877-817-8791. Hope this info helps and beware!