High Desert Concepts / Tri-Star Vacuum / Shouting match with the owner

The company is called High Desert Concepts, and they are located in Victorville Ca. Their phone number is [protected]. They sell the Tri-Star vacuum. Last year, they called my home and asked me to do a quick phone survey about the quality of the air in the high desert, and then a week later, someone called back, said I won a free gift or two, and asked me to view a in home demo of a house cleaning system, which turned out to be a large vacuum cleaner. They lady who set this demo up on the phone said they were not trying to sell to me, just wanted my opinion, yet the salesman tried his best to get me and my husband to purchase this unit, around 2000.00 or so, and then lowered it down to 1000.00 or so, and was very upset that we didn't buy it, right then, right now.The free gifts were junk. I called the next day to complain about the false lure to get into my home, and ended up having a shouting match with the owner, Jeff, and told him to never call again, made a complaint with the BBB, and Do Not Call National Registry, and yet they continue to call me. I do not want to be contacted again by them, yet they will not take me off their telemarketer list.

Your friend
Gayle

Ga

Comments

• Li
      28th of Mar, 2007

High Desert Concepts

I am having the same horrible problem with this company. They will not stop calling from the number of (760) 381-8809.
    Two years after I asked to be removed from their database (I spoke with Jackie), I am receiving calls asking me to engage in a phone survey... I received three calls this week. UNBELIEVABLE.

I am going to contact the BBB and Do Not Call National Registry today- thank you for the above post!

• Ra
      17th of Sep, 2007

you should really put some information on the internet on where to buy your products eg) Tristar vacuum bags.
    the only thing you can do is buy them over the internet.
    Me and my mother looked for about a half an hour and couldnt find a thing. i had to look up a picture of the product and then read the number off of the bag so i could get any information at all about the product.
    RJ

• Su
      14th of Feb, 2008

Is there a way legally to not pay for this thing? I made a mistake by buying it, and it is crap. It doesn't work. I just want to return it, and I have only had it 2 months. Thanks.

• Th
      3rd of Apr, 2008

I actually like the product, it works great however I like the comment above would love to have more info on getting filters/bags ect.