Hide-My-Ip-Address.com / Scam and rip off!

1 14525 SW Millikan WayBeaverton, OR, United States Review updated:

This software doesn't work people, don't buy from this company, it is a pure scam. 100% rip-off. Spend your money somewhere else. Beware of this company folks, I purchased this software from hide-my-ip-address.com and found the software slow and always closing and closing again and again. Upgrades well the upgrades nor the customer service was helpful. Actually awful.

You ask for help, you end up waiting a couple of days to hear for an answer. A guy named Allan who apparently is the only help desk through 14525 SW Millikan Way is useless folks. He is the guy behind their customer service www.myhelphub.com. It is a pure scam folks, no refunds, no service but replies like have a nice day, so we can't help you. It is such a joke.

Contact, noop, take a ticket and wait for a reply but more so people, there is no refunds. They leave your purchase link open for about maybe a week, then they terminate the link so you can't download the software anymore. You have to file a complaint or service help where you have to wait and wait again. The price you pay for this software and the service you get, it not what to expect.

It is a pure 110% ripoff and to make things even more clear, you want to file for a chargeback because
they won't refund your money, they put your name on a black list for credit cards so you can't get a credit card. Seriously people, this is pure blackmail for doing business with people like this. That's a terrible, post yourself after doing business with them and they can't guarantee the product for a refund.

The bottom line is, if you don't like this software, forget about getting a refund. Contact your bank and dispute the charge, cyber-post your complaint. These people are not helpful at all. I have all this feedback going back and forth for a 2 months and the software sucks still.

Don't buy this product, it is a scam ripoff. There website is just a pretty image to make you buy it but when you download the software and try this software, you'll find out it is a cheap search engine that hides your ip address but 50% of the time or greater the engine shuts off. You have to log on again and again to get it to work, it is crap. If you look on torrents, there is a lot of free cracks on all sorts of hide ip software, free folks but more so, windows does offer a hide ip option which most people don't know about.

Also beware of their in house customer service from Hide-My-Ip-Address.com named Andrea, this woman is a complete waste of time. All she does is argue and says nothing but to tell you, no refunds. She says you made the agreement by buying the software on their homepage but where is the refund information, you can't find it after you have problems with this Hide-My-Ip-Address.com

Have suggestions for them, forget it. They just want your money and they lock it, so you can never get it back. So you have to file charge back but they threaten you with a credit card bank list to credit card companies.

Please people save your money and go on torrents and type hide ip and many cracks will pull up to save to money and not get ripped off.

Va

Comments

• Al
      26th of Aug, 2008

Refunds are not allowed for Hide My IP Address, that is correct, however the rest of the message is incorrect. The customer did agree do the fact that refunds are not allowed before purchasing.

The software does work as described on our website and we are available to help if the customer is willing to work with us to find a solution.

A download link is valid for 7 days however we always provide a new link for free if customers require one through a ticket.

The customer that wrote the above message does not know this because he was not willing to work with us or ask for a new link, he only demanded a refund, which is not allowed.

Hide My IP Address has thousands of satisfied customers.

• Br
      26th of May, 2011

I, too, think they suck. I purchased the software - my credit card was verified, my email was verified, but then they wanted all kinds of other information...copies of my IDs...addresses...other phone numbers. When I acquiesced, I sent them copies of two different picture IDs with my birthday, address, etc. blacked out, they fraud listed me and blocked me from their software. Their customer service guy "Doug" seemed to have dark glasses on or something because he seemed incapable of answering any of my questions about why they possibly needed all that info when I've never encountered another software that requires the level of personal information they were demanding. Their phone number only worked part of the time, too, and then I spent the rest of the time waiting for someone to answer. Suggest you steer clear - something's not right with these guys.

• Te
      12th of Jun, 2012

I too was black listed for no reason. There help desk guy, Dale, or what ever was not only not helpful, he was down right rude. Constantly interupting me, and failed to answer any questions. They have refused to accept my credit cards, and asked for ID and pictures of my credit cards and everything. Ive never experienced such a level of unprofessional service. I have withdrawn my payments, discarded their program, and feel that if they truly dont want my money, then fine. They sent me the following email after I sent them what they requested...

Hello,

The documentation has been reviewed by management. Unfortunately at this time they are denying your request for purchase/verification. You can however still purchase through these options:

OPTION #1: Pay by Money Order
    You may also pay by money order. To do this, select the product(s) you wish to purchase on our order page:

Then click "Checkout", then select "Money Order" as the payment method. After you have confirmed your order, you will receive instructions on the next page for where to send the money order. Please make out the money order to "My Privacy Tools, Inc." Take care to include your name, the Order ID, and E-mail address so we can associate the payment with your account and get you your license key(s) as quickly as possible.
    NOTE: Money Order must be in USD funds.

OPTION #2: Pay by Direct Cash Deposit
    You may also pay by making a direct deposit or transfer to the company's bank account. To do this, select the product(s) you wish to purchase on our order page:

Then click "Checkout", then select "Cash Deposit" as the payment method. After you have confirmed your order, you will receive instructions on the next page:
    - You will then be able to select from either Chase Bank or Bank of America in order to make your cash deposit or transfer to the company's bank account
    - You will be provided the appropriate account name and account number to which you will make a cash deposit or transfer to the company's bank account.

Thank you for contacting Hide My IP.

Best Regards,
    Jacob Guernon
    Support Manager
    My Privacy Tools, Inc.

Do not do business with these guys

11th of Jan, 2013

They call them "My Privacy Tools", yet they want enough information to steal your identity, and they will.
    They have used many different names.They are a part of, NOBIS TECHNOLOGY GROUP, started by Scott Hall.
    They are currently operating from California, because the OREGON Attorney General went after them for Identity Theft.

• Ph
      8th of Apr, 2013

Dont download or have anything to do with hide my ip, this programme is either a scam or they are conmen. You get a download then they demand hefty monthy payments to keep you on it .There is no customer support, do not be taken in by fancy websites, as a bonus for users this software does not hide your ip. STAY AWAY FROM THESE CROOKS, they make alot of money out of you from their demands for their hefty payments. Keep safe do not use this software.

• Ke
      14th of Nov, 2013

wish i would had checked this webpage before buying this product...Now i m thr next victim. Mine is identical case as with Texdyess above. dont knw what to do... :(

• De
      30th of Apr, 2015

I have tried a few hide ip softwares including hide my ip and wasnt impressed with their speed or customer support.The best for value and functionality/reliability/speed has to be IPMasquerade. Its simple to use and does what it says on the tin.I use it most days and am very happy with it.Only cost £19.99 one time fee. www.ipmasquerade.com

Dev