Hi-Fi Corporation / incorrect deduction of money from my account

I opened a hire purchase account at HI FI Corp (Branch Number - 02515) for a TV and a decorder. I then returned the decoder and the whole contract was subsequently cancelled. A new contract for the TV only was then opened but to my disappointment, money was deducted from account for the cancelled contract. Upon querying this with the branch, a lady called Refilwe asked me to furnish her with my ID and proof that money was indeed deducted from my account. I duly furnished her with all those details and she even indicated that she'll check with her system to confirm my query. Disappointingly, the time she promised to have deposited the money into my account has elapsed and there still isn't anything from HI-FI. Disgustingly, maybe aware that someone was sitting on her laurels instead of transferring money into my account, someone from the parent company, JDG, called me from their Randburg offices asking me to re-furnish them with my ID & Bank statement. I really would like to express my dissapointment with such shoddy services from Hi-FI. If everyone knew that everything that glitters isn't gold, I dont think some of would have done business with some companies as HI-FI.

Gl

Comments

• Go
      25th of Aug, 2010
    Hi-Fi Corporation - Damaged item
    Hi-Fi Corporation

Bought a TV on the 19th March 2009. They delivered on the same day. I discovered that the TV can not be switched on. I returned it on the 22nd March 2009. After their investigation they told me that I had damaged the TV. They did not check the condition of the TV on delivery in my presence. On my recent visit they told me that they destroyed the TV because I have claimed it within 2 months. Now i do not have money and TV.

31st of Aug, 2010

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. In order to investigate the mater we would need you to send us a copy of Bank Statement showing the double transaction. Please forward it to customercare@jdg.co.za so we may resolve this with you as soon as possible.

31st of Aug, 2010

Please will you send your contact details onto customercare@jdg.co.za so we may investigated your concerns and assist in resolving them.
    Hi-Fi Corporaiton

23rd of Sep, 2010

Hi-Finance, is a separate Company - they manage the Credit Agreement Facility for Maravedi. Hi-Fi Corporation, does not have access to their systems, therefore we are unable to take an active part in refunding your payment. However if you forward your details onto me at customercare@jdg.co.za - I will contact them and give you feedback as to the progress of your complaint. Alternatively you may email them on query@jdg.co.za or contact them on their toll free number 0860 110 808.

7th of Feb, 2011

Dear Tuture,
    We are sorry for the bad service you have been receiving from us and Maravedi.
    Please could you email our customer complaint service at customercare@jdg.co.za who will be able to assist you with your complaint.

Kind regards

• Ts
      15th of Feb, 2013

HI AT MOKGOHLOA
    TO PRICE N PRIDE
    DUE TO CONCERN I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY MICRO OVEN IT DOESNT WORK ANYMORE DUE TO YANDAR LIGHTING AND DUE TO YOUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS YOU SAID IF ONE OF OUR APPLIANCES ARE DAMAGE WE SHOULD INFORM YOU 0728173839 URGENTLY TO DISCUSS THE MATTER FURTHER

• Ku
      22nd of Aug, 2016
    Hi-Fi Corporation - 2 payments - 1 TV
    hificorporation.co.za

Purchased a TV on140809. Payed with debit card & sms confirmed transaction. No slip could be printed & on their reassurance that the payment had not gone through, paid again with credit card. Sat 150809 went to store to indicate double paument, they said not in their account - take it up with bank. Bankmanager went to see them on 290809 with statements showing double payment, yet they maintain they have not got the money and told him to go away. As a professional person I do not have the time to spend hours haggling about my money in their store and they still have R7519.97 of my money.