Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company

Posted: Dec 8, 2017 by

printers

I have used and recommended HP printers to owners and employees of the businesses we worked with for at least 25 years. Our previous HP printer lasted only a couple of years the latest, an Office Jet 7612 all-in-one, lasted only a year and a half. When I went to the HP website, I had to put in the model number and/or serial number. The site did not recognize either. I tried calling HP support, when I actually got a person on the line they said to call another number, then another until I gave up. It was a very frustrating ordeal! Actually each person I talked with said to go to the HP website, which didn't work.

Even when the printer worked it would refuse to run when ever everything was not perfect, often refusing to print black unless all of the color cartridges were genuine HP, were full of ink and firmly in place. Also it was very difficult, if not impossible to scan, when everything else was not perfect.

The HP ink cartridges are very expensive and run out relatively quick! Partly because they waste ink every time the printer is turned on (going through it's testing phase) and sometimes after a few pages had been printed.

I will be shopping for another printer this weekend. I will look first for anything that is not HP. I will also look for the cheapest I can find (if they only last for a year or two) and use the scanner I had before the latest printer was purchased.
Complaint comments Comments (1)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Computers & Accessories

Comments

A  8th of Dec, 2017 by    0 Votes
I use to be big on hp printers but they have gone bad
nothing but issues with ones I bought ( new models at time)
not sure what happened but the quality has dwindled

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree

Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company Logo Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company
Customer Care Service