[Resolved] Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company / hp laptop 15-bs0xx technical support/warranty request

Palo Alto, CA, United States

1:46 AM 12/22/2017 Technical Support Customer Service Compliant...

Technical Support Request for a brand new HP Laptop 15-bs0xx, with 11 months remaining on warranty!!
HP Laptop 15-bs0xx
Serial# CND7425W3N
Product# 2NV98UA#ABA

Issue: I'm experiencing technical issues with Windows 10 ever since upgrading the factory installed version to version 1709! The ONLY issue I'm experiencing is with Cortana. Under settings I have it all configured correctly, and specifically Cortana is NOT FUNCTIONING ON THE LOCK SCREEN, and under my personal Administrator account using a Microsoft Account. I researched the issue on Microsoft Support, and they recommended that another user LOCAL administrator account be created then when everything starts working transfer my files to the local administrator account, then delete my administrator account then start using my Microsoft account with the newly created local administrator account! I have done everything except delete my account and start using the Microsoft account with the new administrator local account? The reason I'm hesitant to complete the final tasks is because I have tested using Cortona With the new administrator local account, and Cortona responds and functions a whole hell of a lot better, but, still is not appearing on the lock screen, with any account? I have downloaded a 64bit version 1709 Windows 10 Home ISO, and I'm at the point of doing an in place upgrade?? But, after all the time I have spent getting my current operating system the way I want, and having backups, restore points, and used my one time HP Recovery Media Creation. I am really not sure I want to go through all that again?? IS THERE ANYTHING AT ALL YOU CAN RECCOMEND / IDEA, S OR MAYBE A REGISTRY FIX, OR UTILTY THAT YOU HAVE TO FIX THIS ISSUE BEFORE I CONSIDER IN PLACE UPGRADE, OR RE-INSALLATION??

They refused to assist me and wanted to charge me $99.00 for Smart Friend Service, After Just purchasing this laptop with 11 months remaining on warranty:

Warranty status details for your product: Active

Serial Number

Manufacturer Warranty
Service type
Wty: HP HW Maintenance Offsite Support
Status
Active: Covered under Manufacturer warranty, 11 months remaining.
Start Date
Extend your warranty

Service type
Wty: HP Support for Initial Setup
Status
Active: Covered under Manufacturer warranty, 11 months remaining.
Start Date
2 Hr Remote Response
Unlimited Named Callers
Deliverables
Initial Setup Assistance

I WANT SOMEONE FROM HP SUPPORT CUSTOMER SERVICE TO CONTACT ME: jason.[protected]@live.com, or [protected] ASAP!!

REFERENCE SUPPORT CASE #, s

# [protected]
# [protected]

• Resolution statement

HP escolated the case to a case managet

Ja