Hewlett - Packardmisldeading cashback offer

Check this email trail out - hp misled customers that they will receive a $100 cashback on purchase of a printer. Sent with *original* documents (And received confirmation this was received and accepted) in january 2008, and no response still waiting in september. The call centre was hopeless. I have never been treated with such poor service. Seems 'cash back' offers from hp are the lowest priority on their list of services, as a necessary evil, to be avoided and squashed down no matter how much they mislead customers.

Customer id (Can provide on request)

I spoke with the call centre (After being on hold for an hour) and was told that there is nothing they can do, this is closed, it was only for a $20 cashback, the receipt was never received, etc etc.

This is totally unacceptable and we have been misled. When we purchased the printer there were big bright letters displayed everywhere that we would obtain a $100 cash back. We have complied with all the terms and conditions as indicated by 'julia' on the 15th of january this year.

We have received *no* response, *no* communication, and on top of this the operator suggested that they "prefer customers get in touch with them to chase these things up", which I have, several times over this week (See email trail).

If a response is not received by close of business today, I will lodge a formal complain with consumer affairs.

I've had enough and we are being treated very poorly.

We have been misled.

I will also send this to the relevant complaints department in hp for follow-up, including the proof of purchase and original documents which are attached to this email.

Kind regards,

Date: wed, 10 sep 2008 10:08:29 +1000

To: hppromotions <[protected]@chemistri.com. Au>

Hi,

Is anyone actually reading these emails?

I will go to consumer affairs if I don't receive a response today.

This is ridiculous.

Wrote 3rd september
> hi,
> I don't believe this was ever received, can someone confirm if the cheque was sent or if this was deposited?
> thanks,

> hppromotions wrote:
>> good afternoon,
>> thank you for your email.
>> we have received your documents and your claim will be processed and validated in the next few days.
>> expect to receive your cashback in up to 75days.
>> if you have any other questions please feel free to contact us on [protected] mon & ndash; fri,
>> 9am - 5pm.
>> thank you for your continued patience whilst we process your claim & thank you for choosing hp.
>> kind regards,
>> ashleigh
>> hp promotions team
> tuesday, 15 january 2008 4:06:01 pm >>>
>>>>>
>> hi,
>> as discussed with julia at 4pm today, authorised to send details via
>> email scan to qualify for 5pm cut off.
>> please acknowledge receipt and acceptance.
>> kind regards,

Comments

• Ri
      Sep 25, 2008

Still not a DAMN word from HP or anyone at all... We have been *COMPLETELY* ignored!!!

• Ri
      Sep 28, 2008

I eventually heard back from Victoria Iemco... doubt I will receive any meaningful response so I look forward to letting Consumer Affairs handle this when I call them again tomorrow. I just had to let Consumer Affairs know that I had tried.

See this link - seems we are not alone!

• Ca
      Oct 22, 2008

I sent in my Cash Back offer form on the 10th July. On the 7th August I received an e-mail saying they had not received my proof of purchase as yet - should have smelled a rat then!

On the 8th August I resent all my information to them, stating at the time that I was glad I always keep all my paperwork. I have heard nothing nor received anything since that date.

When I tried ringing them the phone when answered, immediately went to music. I have not been able to speak to anyone!

• Ka
      Nov 10, 2008

I am having the same issue. I tried to contact them to find out what is meant by product bar code number on box. No one receives the call at [protected]. And now it hangs up automatically.

I called the tech support and they gave me this email address - [protected]@chemistri.com.au

Sending email now but am in doubt if there would be any response.

Wish me luck.

Kamal

• Dk
      Nov 10, 2008

I have purchased one

Compaq Presario CQ60-104TU notebook PC

Please let me know how I can get take benifits of HP promotions schemes . I buy from a shop M/S LOTUS, Indore (M.P.), India.They tell me that you will receive a I-pod. pl let me know

Regards