Hewlett Package / bad service from hp authorized reseller

1 Malaysia Review updated:

On 24/09/2006, I bought a laptop model hp pavilion dv8302tx from a hp authorised dealer & ndash; mobility square sdn bhd located at lot 3-2,3-3, & 3-3a, 3rd floor, low yat plaza.

2. I am sorry to tell you that this laptop was in defective circumstances where the cd-rom was occasionally idle and associated with the difficulties for the cd-rom’s open and reject function. Besides, I had tried several times to & ldquo;create recovery cd” but ended up with the screen pops out an error message: & ldquo;only a set of recovery cd allow to burn from a machine”.

3. I was harassing that whether the laptop I had bought from the hp authorised reseller probably was a second-hand laptop which might render the laptop not functioning in proper manner. Instantly, I made a call to hp centre to ascertain that the problems that I mentioned above would not occur in a new laptop.

4. For the first perspective, I conceived that if I purchase the hp laptop from the hp authorised reseller, essentially the merit that I gain should be more than the other consumers who purchase in other outlets regarding to my consumer rights and benefit (Pro-sales services). I understood that hp offers free exchange of hardware within 7 & ndash; 14 days from purchase should they encounter any problem. Hence, I felt relieved that I had made a wise decision to purchase my laptop from the hp authorised reseller. Convincingly, the problems might be solved without any obstacles.

5. Subsequently, I went back to mobility square sdn bhd and spoke to mr. Benny shim (Manager) with the expectation that he will in favour of me in resolving this particular problem. However he was insincere and reluctant to help after the sale of the laptop, and was avoiding responsibility for the problem. The first time I went down, I was conveying conversations with him through the sales assistant, and he agreed to resolve the matter face to face the 2nd time I went back.

The solutions they offered me are as follow: -

- create a recovery cd for me
Hp has comprehensive software support online, and I was not worried of solving the driver problem. However I was starting to suspect that I might have been conned to purchase a 2nd-hand laptop, hence I requested for a 1-to-1 exchange for a brand new laptop.

- send the laptop to the service center
I was concerned that my new laptop was not a 1st-hand model; hence I rejected the offer and insisted for the 1-to-1 exchange that I was entitled for.

- sorry, no new laptops available for exchange
I was dismayed to be informed by mobility square sdn bhd that hp has cease producing this high-end model as demand is low, and going to release with a latest version to replace it. Hence they do not have any inventory in stock for the exchange. Although I could understand hp’s standpoint, but I believe that I have the right to be granted a new laptop (If not the same model, could have also suggested another close model to me). Frankly, I would not mind to make additional payment for a new model since I have already spent so much time and money on this current defective laptop. I insisted for my exchange.

- ok, we’ll try to find
Eventually, mobility square sdn bhd agreed to find a new laptop for my exchange and I was required to return my laptop box at 4pm or else the exchange would not be possible without the serial number. I had left the laptop box with mobility square sdn bhd after my purchase, but I still have records of the serial numbers and documentation should they require them. Besides, is there any regulation for hp customers to keep their laptop boxes intact, else they are not entitled for exchange / repair / service / warranty?

- new laptop but display set. Take it or leave it.
I had paid so much for a 1st-hand high-end laptop, and was offered instead a 1-to-1 exchange for a new display set laptop by mobility square sdn bhd ? They also asserted that they would not accountable if there are any problems occurring in this display set laptop.

- to get a new laptop from other hp authorized reseller
The earliest reply for my new set is by tuesday, and they reinstate that they would not be liable for any other problem occurring after this incident. Since i’m under pressure and nothing I can do, thus I agreed to wait.

After this incident, I was concerned: -

My faith and trust in hp products and services were badly traumatized after this experience.
What are the consumer rights I am entitled for should I purchase through a hp authorized reseller? Do they follow the same service standards as hp or are they allowed to have their own service standard?

6. It may seem odd if such an authorised reseller continues in existence which on behalf of hp. Undoubtedly, this will definitely jeopardize the hp brand’s value as well as the image. I’ll enclose the recent blog’s comment which I discovered after the incident in order to ease your investigation on this matter.

7. Looking forward to your favorable reply on how I could get this matter resolved in the shortest and simplest way possible regarding to the consumer rights I was entitled for purchasing the hp laptop. Thank you.

Comments

• Zo
      4th of Feb, 2009

My company changed its entire line from HP laptops to Dell instead on the single fact that to Dell has excellent customer support and coverage. For HP to even change a laptop's adapter would take at least 1 week. Dell made it on the next business day.

25th of Dec, 2011
    Hewlett Package - Helping & locate an product
    HEWLETT PACKAGES
    3000 HANOVER STREET
    Palo Alto
    California
    hp.com

Dear sir:
    I am disappointed that staff is treating me. I have try to order an item and dis - regard of debit card that i use to order. Also, i am search for an operation disc from hp officejet all - in - one; model number# c8815; serial number# th0282206d; and not the disc, evenually, the manual of the printer. I am very really, disappointment that no care, for my problem.

26th of Dec, 2011

I DO NOT DOWNLOAD IT, YOU IDIOT. I WANT TOBUY IT. LIKE, THAT I USED ALL THE TIME. THEN, IT'S TRUE. SOME IDIOT ARE THE HIGHTEST IDIOT. UNLESS, YOU HELP ME, TO LOCATE THE DISC. I WILL NOT HOLD MY TONGUE, YOU DO NOT WANT OPEN MY MOUTH, I WILL GIVE THE HELL, OF IT. IN FACT, YOU DO SELL THE DISC, ###. I THINK IT'S COST $28.00, FOR ( 3) DISC. YOU ARE AN ###.

DEAR WATCHOUT4YOU:
    FIRST, YES, I AM ###. THANK YOU VERY MUCH. SECOND, I AN NOT DISREGARD OF YOUR ANSWER. IF YOU PROBLEM WITH YOUR DEBIT CARD. THAT, IS YOUR PROBLEM. I HAVE WITH HP THAT DO NOT CARE FOR PRODUCT AND I WILL NOT USED THE DEBIT CARD THAT IS NON-BANK CARD. THE COMPANY IS A ### AND I DO NOT KNOW WHY I BUY THEIR PRODUCT. THEIR IS NOT WEATHED TO BUY ANY PRODUCT. THEY COULD KISS MY ###. IF THEY WANT MY BUSINESS MY PUERTO RICAN ###.

26th of Dec, 2011

I PREE AGREE ABOUT THAT. BUT, I AM CALLING THE STAFF OF HP THE WORST OF ###. I WILL SEE HP LOST EVERYTHING. I BE LAUGHT OUT LOUD, BUT THEIR FACE.

26th of Dec, 2011

I PRESS AGREE ABOUT THAT. BUT, I AM CALLING THE STAFF OF HP IS THE WORST OF ###. I WILL LIKE TO SEE HP COULD KISS MY ###, MY PUERTO RICAN ###, BUT IN THEIR FACE. BITE ME.

27th of Dec, 2011

MY PRINTER IS HP OFFICEJET 6500, MODEL#C8815, I THINK YOU DO NOT ANYTHING, IF YOU STICK YOUR FINGER YOUR ###, THAT STICK IN ###. I AM RIGHT. ALL THE HP STAFF FULL OF CRAP. I WILL ORDER ANOTHER PRINTER FROM OTHER COMPANY AND THAT CARE FOR CUSTOMER AND ALOT OF CRAP FROM THEM. BY THE WAY, I WOULD SEE YOUR HEAD OF COMPANY OF CEO, THEY COULD BITE ME.