Hewlet Packard Pavillion Computer / does not work

1 124 Cashin StreetLowell, MA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 978

I purchased an HP computer from Sams Club on 03/05/2008 and purchased a 3 year warranty I was told that if I dropped it or anything was to happen it would be fixed or if it could not be fixed it would be replaced well 2 motherboards later and a CPU the computer does not work and when I call the service company they tell me I need to purchase a recovery disk to repair it. After the motherboard was replaced the computer did and has not worked I feel as if I do not need to pay any more for something that should be covered under the insuance.

Comments

• Ni
      26th of May, 2009

At least they are consistent in something!! Even here in India it's the same. Apparently their warranty covers software issues only within 90 days of purchase which they politely / deftly keep secret while you purchase the warranty, till the need of the hour.
    Well I will no longer purchase, use, or recommend HP products to anyone because basically, your service is terrible and your warranties are very deceptive.

• Ge
      4th of Jun, 2009

Hi Nigel. There are several pending class action investigations regarding your computer at www.classadvocate.com. Good luck.

• Ni
      8th of Jun, 2009

Hi GeneralStark. Thank you for the information.
    After my post I had written a strong email to the MD of HP here in India & they responded quickly & have restored my machine to factory settings.
    Having said that I had influenced 2 other friends to buy the same laptop & they too are facing the same problems now. So I will look into the classadvocate site & see what options we have here in India as well as I strongly believe others should not fall prey in these anemic times.

Thank you.