Hess Gas Station / On going problem that never gets resolved

1 Roosevelt BlvdLargo, FL, United States Review updated:

This stations computer for gas pumps are forever being "down". We entered our debit card # and it says sale cancelled. Today March 4 2008 at the Hess station #9453 on Roosevelt Blvd, Largo FL 2 customers walked out because of this same reason. We have doing business with the station for 5 yrs and this seems to be an on going problem that never gets resolved.

Va

Comments

• Ly
      22nd of May, 2008

i complained about the hess station in newton nj because they refused to chekmy oil, then took the dipstick out and couldn't get it back in amnd told me it was " fine good go away too busy lady
    ' well two days later the car almost quit on me and i finally got a friend to check the oil for me and replace the dipstick which though i tried i just couldn't do. i was 2 and 1/2 quarts low in a car that only holds 3 quarts. some people should be stoppd at the border and tought how we treat ach other in this country. i sure won't go to another hess station.

• Ge
      8th of Nov, 2008

i do not have a complaint i am looking for info about the new toy truck for 2009 and when it will be coming out.

• Is
      1st of Jun, 2010

We bought gasoline at the Hess in Saint Augustine, Florida for our jeep and two lawnmowers. All were working wonderful till we used their gasoline. Now all three are tore up and we had to tow our jeep home. Sure as the world all three have water in the gasoline. The manager refuses to accept responsibility. Sorry people doing sorrry busssiness. I will never buy from them again and rest asure everybody I see getting their gas I will tell them.

• Mc
      11th of Jun, 2010

JUST COUPLE HOURS WORK FOR HESS GASS STATION IN MOUNTAIN LAKES - NEW JERSEY...
    I filled up an app.for gas attendent to HESS GAS STATION..
    The manager is hired me, and he told me you can start on Monday, I was happy, than i got a call from manager, he wants to me come today, whic is friday(i should be start on Monday) i said ok.than i wen to work, then he puched me in, than take me out side to pomps, than i started to work with out training, it was good, until laws start:)) he gaven to me a sweather and its 80 degree..and he gaven to me a yellow HESS top uniform, i was already wearing a pant and dark shoe(becouse he was told me black or cream color pant and shoe has to be wear)i was put on me first to yellow uniform an me which is written HESS.but it was hot and i was still sweating, it was okay with me, becouse my first day, i am gona be okay after couple days, than i went to inside get a cup coffeee, than before i am taken a cup they told me it is not free, i said okay!! than i filled a cup coffeee, than cashier lady come to talk to me, my friend keep to cup than u can have it your coffeee second time, and than i said : is it free for second cup?? she said no!!!like 50 censts discount:) i said okaaay again:) then after she told me why u r not wearing your HESS sweather? i said he gaven to me this Yellow think but sweather is not the thsirt it is soo hot, i just wear this, then she told me again you have to wear your uniform, ??? i saw second boss in that moment, ( iwas thinking she is the owner of the store) i said ok, and i got the custemer i run out side, when i go to out side the manager told me why u did not wear ur sweather? i said it is too hot, he told me you must to wear it, than i said okay again, and i taken of my thsirt than i wear that sweashirt.than pumping to gas, it was very hot, and pumps are very bussy, after like 30 mnts, the cashier lady came to out side i was just sended to last custemer, and she said that: you must be come inside and help us, u have to be full to drinks, than i went inside, but i dont have it any idea what i am gona do like 10 refg.and 100`s of defferant drinks:)than i asked to her:how i am going to fill them, she came to next to me, than she shall me a couple empty drinks and this this this need to fill:)) than i asked to her: you gona be let me know right for pumps if the custemer is came..she told me :yes than custemer come:)) i went out side take care of the custemers, than that sweshirt make me to much sweat:)) than the manager come to out side than tell me another laws:)) like you have to clean inside help to inside, and i have to clean out side and take care of the my side:) i said ok again but, the lady told me again same laws, i have to bosses now!!!:)) than startedto talk my self, what is the sallary here 8$ cut the tax gona be 6$, than two bosses command to you, than i have to take care inside and out side and both side cleaning!!! :)) it is crazy, and it is so hot 6-11-2010 and 80 degree, i am allready wet:) NO WAY TO WORK HERE...!! it is only gas station and very serius managment, for 6$ for an hour .. i went inside for seen to manager, than i said to manager, i am so sorry bos, but i can not work here, he said why? i said to many bosses and laws and it is so hut and i am wearing a sweshirt:) i got all wet, i can not do this job anymore, i can take care of the pumps until u bring some one overhere, or i can work the bussy sight of the pumps all the time(normally they are changing to pumps every 2 hours to bussy side and normal side then everyone is happy)he said ok take of the sweashirt than put yellow think on you than work, i said no, i am so sorry but we are living in america, and i was work for the gas station before and i have a lot of friend working for another gas stations, every gas station people works:inside people take care of inside, out side people take care out side, aaaand with only one boss, not the two bosses, i am sorry, and he told me ok if you want you can leave, i said thank you..I dont know ?am i right or not? but i got exprienses from HESS:) to hard to work there for 8$ (6$ after tax)..i dont know.i just for couple hours at the HESS GAS STATION in mountain Lakes -NEW JERSEY..(note: i am so sorry for my English written, i know i am not good:) sincelery...M.CEKMEZ. 6-11-2010 burdanyaziniz@hotmail.com

• Ba
      8th of Feb, 2011

I USUALLY LOVE MY HESS GAS STATION, SEND FRIENDS THERE FOR GAS. BUT FOR THE FIRST TIME YESTERDAY I SPENT WHAT LITTLE I HAD TO GET $16 WORTH OF GAS, TURNED THE IGNITION AFTER GETTING MY GAS, AND THIS TERRIBLE STINK ODOR CAME AND, MY CAR PROCEEDED TO SHAKE AND RUMBLE!!! iIT'S STILL DOING IT! THAT STINK BAD GAS I CAN ONLY HOPE HAS NOT DAMAGED MY CAR ! i'M SCARED WHEN I DRIVE, BECAUSE OF HOW IT RUMBLES AND SHAKES! BAD GAS FROM HESS! hELP!

• Od
      10th of Feb, 2013
    Hess Gas Station - Asking your age
    WilcoHess
    Granite Falls
    North Carolina

Walked in Hess to cash in a small scratch off ticket and they asked me my age. I told them it was none of their business. I am a 67 year old woman who does not look 18. They would not cash my ticket and when I contacted WilcoHess, they said it was their policy to ask everyone. Needless to say, their policy sucks and I will not return to Hess again, here in NC or anywhere else. I went down the street and cashed in my ticket and told the person behind the counter and she said there has been many complaints about the employees at Hess Gas Station at US Hwy 321 and Pinewood Rd.

• He
      10th of Feb, 2013

It is policy, the employee has to do what they are told...they ask everyone.

• Ge
      28th of Aug, 2013

They cannot sell to anyone under 18. Get off your high horse, and if a cashier asks for ID, or your DOB, just give it to them, instead of giving them a smart answer.