Hertz / unauthorized credit card charges

Kalamazoo, MI, United States Review updated:

The last unauthorized credit card charge was on [protected], some one obviously got my credit card information from Hertz and has been renting cars. What I want done is for all of my personal information, ( name, address, credit card number ) to be removed from your computer system. I have contacted my credit card company and they are working on resolving the problem. I would appreciate your understanding and compassion concerning this matter. Its very frustrating and emotionally draining to know someone has stolen your personal information and Is using it to rack up bills in your name.

• Updated by Sharefah, Jan 10, 2018

Sh
Jan 10, 2018

Comments

• Sh
      Jan 10, 2018

I'd like to assist you.

Is there a reason you believe your credit card information came both from Hertz and also being used at Hertz?

Jan 11, 2018

@Shaun R. You responded, "Because I have several charges on my bill from Hertz Rent a Car, even toll road charges that I did not make. I have rented a car from Hertz before using my charge card, so they had my info."

I appreciate the line of thinking, but it's just as likely that the credit card information came from a different source.

Contacting your bank is the first smart thing. Let them cancel the card and get you a new one. Regardless of where your information was leaked, the bank should be able to protect you.

Jan 11, 2018

@Shaun R. I already contacted my credit card company, of course, and they canceled the card. All I wanted from Hertz is to remove me from their data base. But I see you want to skirt the issue. You have been no help at all. I will never do business with Hertz again and certainly will not recommend it to any one. And by the way, it would help if a person could speak to someone over the phone instead of this silly email. Have a great day !

Jan 11, 2018

@Sharefah I appreciate that you're frustrated over having your credit card used without authorization. No one would be happy in such an instance. But please understand that this is not to "skirt the issue, " as you put it. Rather it is to take charge of the issue head on.

You want to have your credit card information protected, especially whereas it's been leaked. Assuming the source, doesn't protect that information. Addressing the problem with the issuing bank does.

I'm not quite sure what you may be referring to about speaking to someone over the phone. You should be able to speak to someone over the phone anytime you wish. Email is another useful form of communication. Either can be used to one's own liking or set of circumstances.

Hopefully you consider this some form of help, if not now, than in the future. The intent is not to offend but assist.