Hertz / rental car/ my expensive bag and cash!

Saint Louis, MO, United States Review updated:

Hello, on October 16, 2017 My husband returned my vehicle in at the Hertz location at 5706 S. Lindbergh Blvd St.Louis Mo. 63123. My husband left his Louisvitton bag that also had his wallet and $700.00 cash inside. He left the bag under the seat . That was at 4:02pm. He came home and relized that it was still in the vehical called back and was on hold for a very long time. Went back to the location, and (Jason Madlock stated that the vehical had been rented and he did not see a bag in the vehical? So my husband asked not even when you cleaned it out? Jason stated he just put water on the vehical and he did not clean it out?? Which is a lie because I had the vehical for 2 weeks and it was very filthy inside and out!! And the policy is to make sure the car is cleaned in the inside at least!! So my husband called me because Jason Madlock also stated when asked who rented the vehical he said "I don't know? It's someone who always rents vehicals, but I don't know who it is?? That was a second lie he told him. So I called points department to see how long the vehical was rented for, and the guy in the points department told me someone rented the vehical today and will be bringing it back on Tuesday October the 17th. I called my husband back and told him to put me on speaker, because Jason Madlock told my husband that the person that rented the vehical will be back Wednesday. So I told him no, hertz points department said the vehical will be back tomorrow on the 17th. So then Jason says let me show you that on my screen is says the vehical will be returned on Wednesday. So my husband proceeds to look at the screen, and Jason Madlock then says " Oh man my system is down" so I say oh really ? So that was another lie. At this point we are very convinced that Jason Madlock has my husbands bag, which also has his DL and high blood pressure medication. I called and spoke with Ben Lavender who couldn't even tell me if the location had cameras because he said he doesn't know anything about the branch locations even though he is a Branch Manager?? He also said its NO way Jason Madlock stole my bag because he has been working there for 3 years and no one ever Said such thing? Mind you, I'm a presidential status member with Hertz so I rent quit often and this has never happened to me either!!! So bottom line, Ben Lavender was no help at all and when I tried to get a card the next day with Jason Madlock info and the store info, he tried to call the police on me. And also, Jake Columbia who also was there when I came back to get the card info thought the situation was very amusing !!! I have never felt so humiliated, frustrated, lied to, and just all around just treated like Scum at a place where I have spent so much money!! All I wanted was for Jason Madlock to be professional, and give me my bag back that he has. Stealing is not part of Hertz policy I'm sure!!!

Sa
Oct 19, 2017

Comments

• De
      Nov 16, 2017

I had a similar problem with my garmin in 2016. I left behind my Garmin and notified them 15 minutes later in the airport. They stole my garmin at LAX This I hear is common with rental companies.

• De
      Nov 16, 2017

I had a similiar problem with Hetz at LAX in 2016.. I left my new garmin behind and notified them 15 minutes later at the airport and they claimed it was not in the car.