Hertz Rent A Car / overbilled
I rented a car on August 22, 2008 at 8:30am from the above location. My daily rate according to the contract was 169.89 plus tax and a $200.00 deposit which would be credited back to my credit card upon the return of the vehicle. The vehicle was returned per the contract on the same day at the Flint, MI location on Bristol Rd at 11:36pm.
After reviwing charges to my credit card I found that Hertz charged me $923.94. I immediately contacted the location in SC where the car was rented and spoke to a supervisor by the name of Jessica (not sure about the name but will get confirmed). She was extremely rude and explained that we were charged for 3 days of rental. I explained that we dropped the car off the same day and only rented the car for 1 day. She argued with me and stated that we did not drop the car off or we wouldn't have been charged for the additional days. Sherefused to research or help me. She placed me on hold and came back on the line to tell she contacted the location we dropped the car off and they confirmed that the car was not dropped off until Monday which was untrue. I then contacted the location where we dropped the car off and they confirmed we did infact return the vehicle the same day at 11:36pm. They provided me with a billing contact number at Hertz to call in the morning. I have now pulled my recipt to find not only were we over charged for additional days but an upgrade charge and other misc fees that I have yet to get an answer on. I am dusgusted with the lack of customer service and will never use this company again. The credit card is linked directly to my personal checking account, if my account is overdrawn because of this I will expect Hertz to assume full responsibility for this error and cover any overdraft fees. I can not believe Hertz gets away with this. This is only my 1st complaint I plan on taking this as far as I can.
More Hertz Rent A Car Complaints & Reviews
- Hertz - verbale fine online 
- Hertz Italiana Spa Roma - incorrect charged of 150€ after 5 months 
- Hertz Car Rental - I'll never rent from them again! 
- Hertz Italiana Spa Roma - traffic ticket in italy 
- Hertz Italiana Spa Roma - visa charges 
- Hertz - Hertz employees, vehicle and accident
- Hertz - Was told I had to pay 3 times the dailyrate
- Hertz - fuel refund problem
- Hertz - coerced to sign for damage I didn't do
- Hertz - false gas charges and had to wait 1 1/2 hours for a rental that was called in 3 days before pick up