Hertz / Rent A Car / hertz not doing their job!

1 Italy Review updated:

My family of 5 rented a car at Malpense a/port. We drove 4 hours to the Piedmont region, and found that the car wouldn't start a couple of days later. We called Hertz to learn that they would send a tow truck to pick up the car, and that we had to drive one hour and a half to pick up a new car!!!! In the middle of our holiday, with three children, they expected us to take the time to find a taxi to take us on a half day's journey to get a new car.

The customer service was a debacle!!! Clearly, Hertz is not interested in their customers, and have no clue about what business they are in: to provide automobiles to people traveling abroad that are in good functioning condition. All the people in 'customer service' could say was 'sorry. You'll have to go get the car. We can do nothing else'. Finally, after much heated exchanges, the manager at the Malpense a/port has agreed to pay for a return taxi to Malpense a/port on Friday when our holiday is over. I'll believe it when I see it.

Comments

• Ha
      27th of Dec, 2009

Listen, dumbass, next time you rent a vehicle make sure to inspect it! Do it before leaving the garage. You'd be surprised how efficient it is.
    Now, if your vehicle broke down, call the roadside service. But don't expect to be serviced within 15 minutes, or less. This is not a pizza delivery. And don't forget another thing:
    You are not alone in the planet.There are many others under the same circunstance. For your information, most rental car companies, use a contrctor for their towing needs. Ok?
    You've got a free cab ride. Stop complaining.
    Get a life.

• Ka
      21st of Sep, 2010

Wow - Harry_palm69 - you clearly have issues that you need to work out and maybe not on this thread?!?!

@@@ Kira Forer - I'm sorry to hear that you had such a hard time with Hertz. Hertz screwed me over aswell. We rented the car for 1 day in the lobby of our 5 star hotel. We filled it up and returned with the gas station rec. When we got home I saw that they charged us almost double. I called and they told me they charged us for a full tank of gas (at about 5.00$ a gallon), the cocession fee was stated incorrectly on the contract so they just upped it and they forgot our 20% discount. Three phone calls later - still no refund. I filled a dispute with Hertz headquarters, with the Better Business Bureau and with my credit card. Its only been a few weeks but we will see what comes of it.