Hertz Italiana Spa Roma / traffic ticket in italy

I was charged on june 10-08. On my capital one credit car $28.01 and it was for a traffic ticket in italy. It was credited on july 2-08. I was rebilled on july 8-08 the amount of $28.35. And i'am told that this is the way they handle citations. I than recieved a letter from the italy traffic division that I owe $100.27. Please advise me what to do.

Comments

• Gr
      30th of Nov, 2010

The same thing just happened to me - three identical charges appeared on my credit card months after the rental. I am unaware of any traffic violations.

• Fr
      3rd of Jun, 2011

If anyone plans to go to Italy and wishes to rent a car from Hertz then please don't. Their customer service level is non existant. I asked for a small car like Fiat to be picked up at 11am, I had to wait for 30 minutes until my turn came and they only had 3 customers to serve with 3 service desks open at the time. They gave me a wrecked car which had a previous accident where the whole of the right side was totally damaged and also a GPS that does not work i.e. it was incompatible with the car they gave me. They said although the car is damaged, you don't have to worry about it since you asked for full insurance. I got to the next town and Hertz suggested that I either change the car or get a different GPS. They had no spare car and no GPS which is funny how they gave me these suggestions. I asked for a full refund since they could not meet the terms of the contract, they refused to pay. I ended up returning the car to them and renting another one for National Car Rentals. Since the drop off point was different from pick up point, Hertz eventually accepted to give me 45 Euros for that. Avoid Hertz at all costs.

• Fr
      3rd of Jun, 2011

If anyone plans to go to Italy and wishes to rent a car from Hertz then please don't. Their customer service level is non-existent. I asked for a small car like Fiat to be picked up at 11am, I had to wait for 30 minutes until my turn came and they only had 3 customers to serve with 3 service desks open at the time. They gave me a wrecked car which had a previous accident where the whole of the right side was totally damaged and also a GPS that does not work i.e. it was incompatible with the car they gave me. They said although the car is damaged, you don't have to worry about it since you asked for full insurance. I got to the next town and Hertz suggested that I either change the car or get a different GPS. They had no spare car and no GPS which is funny how they gave me these suggestions. I asked for a full refund since they could not meet the terms of the contract, they refused to pay. I ended up returning the car to them and renting another one for National Car Rentals. Since the drop off point was different from pick up point for car rented from National, Hertz eventually accepted to give me 45 Euros for that. Avoid Hertz at all costs.

• Wa
      2nd of Nov, 2011

As I posted on another thread on this site. Phone your credit card company and dispute these charges. In my opinion this is a scam by HERTZ SPA ITALIANA.