[Resolved] Hertz / deceitful behavior

1 5150 West 55th StreetChicago, IL, United States

I am writing to inform you that I could not find my driver's license after renting a car from Hertz at the Chicago Midway Airport location (5150 W 55th Street, Chicago, IL 60638) in Nov. 2018. I contacted Hertz for two weeks to see if my driver's license had been turned in at the counter or found in the car that I rented 11/16-11/18/18, RR [protected]. I was informed each time that they did not have my license and that the cars were checked and cleaned daily.

Since I had no luck with Hertz and was assured that they didn't have my driver's license, I went to the Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration (MVA) and purchased a new license for $20 and waited for it to be sent via postal mail.

On Thursday, 17 January 2019, I received my driver's license from Hertz via postal mail with a return label from Hertz Corporation - Marie A. Valles, 5259 S. Archer Ave, Chicago, IL 60632. I was very surprised and disappointed to had been told Hertz did not have my license only to receive it 2 months later.

I would like to be reimbursed the $20 I paid for the new license and $25 I paid for transportation to get to the MVA, a total of $45, and I would also like a complimentary weekend rental for the distress Hertz caused me by being deceitful. I am a Hertz Gold Member-[protected]. The requested items may be sent to me at this address: Pamela Eason, 2301 Ladymeade Drive, Silver Spring, MD 20906. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or would like to further discuss at 301.598.0779. Thank you for your attention to this matter.

• Resolution statement

I would like to withdraw my complaint to protect my personal information provided in error.

Pa