Hertz Car Rental / hertz billed me 151.60 british pounds for a service they never provided; etc etc

Germany, Germany Review updated:

Hertz.com prepaid selection g9373936898
1. I needed a car rental in germany for 2 days, may 16 and 17, 2016
2. May 15, being pentecost holiday next day, I called hertz germany. Hertz germany office confirmed, yes, leipzig - plagwitz depot would be open may 16.
3. May 15, I made prepaid reservation online. Pickup at plagwitz, 10am, may 16
4. The hertz online site gave me my reservation no. G9373936898.
5. May 16, 10am, I arrived at plagwitz hertz depot. Office locked/deserted.
6. My taxi driver called hertz germany, speaking german. He said hertz germany told him their system had cancelled my booking because of a "problem with my credit card".
7. May 16, 11:30am, I arrived at leipzig airport by taxi, cost 48 euros.
8. May 16, hertz airport office unable to revive my reservation or provide a rental car.
9. May 16, europcar airport rented me a car for 2 days.
10. May 17, hertz uk debits my visa 151.60 british pounds for 2 days car rental.
11. May 17, I received hertz email, copy as follows:
[protected]@jtmail. Ownmail.net
Size:
5 kb

Dear sir / madam,

This e-mail is to inform you that the recent booking that you made with hertz has been cancelled as we could not successfully process the transaction with the details that you provided at the time of your booking.

Please ensure that the details that you provided at the time of reservation were entered correctly and revisit hertz.com to make your new booking.

Yours sincerely,

Hertz car rental.

11. My complaints: hertz billed me 151.60 british pounds for a service they never provided; hertz cancelled my reservation without any reference to me; hertz action cost me extra 48 euros plus 2 hours wasted time having to travel to leipzig airport for alternative car rental.

Co
May 20, 2016

Comments

• Gu
      Sep 06, 2016

This is the worse company ever. I make a reservation to pickup in San Francisco California Airport on September first 09-01-2016 and my car was charge for the amount of $USD 108.00 and was told that only the amount of $50.04 more will be take from my card...Re: "Your card has been charged USD 114.12 by HERTZ. The balance of USD 50.04 will be collected when you pick up the car". but, when I get there they do not honored my reservation and I have to paid $315.62 for new reservation. My confirmation code number is: H03801813A7 and I call to make a complain ant the agent tells me that I lost the first amount that was take from my card because this is the way when reservation is make online. So now I'm waiting for the Credit card received to do the complain with the credit card.
    I will never make any reservation on this Crazy Company!!