Hertz Car Rental / auto leaked oil all over my garage

I was involved in an accident in january 2006. The insurance company secured a rental for me from hertz rent a car. After a few weeks the auto leaked oil all over my garage and i had stepped in it and tracked it all through my house. I wrote a letter to hertz and told them of the 10 hours that i spent coordinating the pick up of the car and the time that it took me to rent another car. Also, in the letter, i told them i spent 6 hours on sunday cleaning up the oily mess that was all over my kitchen and garage. The people at hertz sent me a check for $90 to cover my time and cleaning supplies. What a joke. In my letter, i requested $500 for my time and effort. I live along the chesapeake bay and that was an environmental issue. They should have considered themselves lucky that - 1 - i knew better than to try to drive that car and 2 - i did not hire an environmental unit to clean up this mess. So, hertz, if i can get as many as possible to see how you operate and not rent cars from you, i will have gotten my money worth. Thank you for listening and i would appreciate you posting this complaint on your web sight.

Ch
Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

• Mo
      12th of Dec, 2018
    Hertz - Customer Service Car Changes
    Fort Pierce
    Florida

I put in for a reservation with hertz as I always do. This Guy that was helping me was very nasty with no customer service at all. He told me he could put me in a mini van instead of the SUV I had reservation for that weekend. I ended up leaving Hertz without anything.

Reference # 516094299
    Reservation # H8421410418

Cherry Mckenzie

• Fi
      20th of Nov, 2018
    Hertz - rent charges
    Livingston
    California

Hertz has bad customers service they hire the worst people. They will ripe you off... they Don't care about their customers. Do not deal with hurtz it will save you lots ofmoney and lots of frustration.

• Bd
      14th of Nov, 2018
    Hertz - mco hertz rental
    Orlando
    Florida

The gas is full but company insisted to charge $ 27, never Hertz again!!! Tried to talk to the office to get a resolution on the spot, but couldn't afford to wait for 30 min.

• Ab
      12th of Nov, 2018
    Hertz - Rent car/more charge
    Houston
    Texas

I rented a car, but they charged me twice.

• Xa
      12th of Nov, 2018
    Hertz - Discrimination
    Spain

I am trying to rent an adapted car in Spain and they claim they only have 2 in the whole country. Why Herts don't treat disabled people the same in other countries? I just need hand controls.

• Ge
      11th of Nov, 2018
    Hertz Rental Car Company - customer product by way of service.
    Dearborn
    Michigan

what is the procedure for disabled US Veterans of USA.i am a disabled veteran myself and i cant find the topic on what a disabled veteran is classified as?? I have been having problems with the discounts on military veterans. ty. i just want a clarification as how this applys as an aaa michigan member as well. i rent hertz cars and i like to know.

• Ta
      4th of Nov, 2018
    Hertz - Gold membership
    lindenwold
    New Jersey

What's the point of having a gold membership when you don't get no benefits and rental point system is not accurate it's states one thing online but my rental points say different

• Ab
      28th of Oct, 2018
    Hertz - contract no 2131030223
    cdg
    Kuwait

CDG 16 -20 MAY 2017
    I Have been charged two times for the same booking.
    275.90 euros on my BNP Visa ***2053 AND (original booking)
    304.87 euros on my NBK Visa ***8841

Please refund 304.87 to my NBK Visa

Dr Abdulmohsin Alsarraf
    Gold member no 65946684

• Wh
      28th of Oct, 2018
    Hertz - Did not get my refund for filling the fuel tank up on the return of car
    Syracuse
    New York

picked up car 6/3/17 dropped off car 6/8/17
    RR 198636163
    H3100932063
    When I picked up the car I did not want fuel charge of 32.33, I returned the car with a full tank of fuel

• Ca
      27th of Oct, 2018
    Hertz - My car wasn't available at time of pickup
    Junction city
    California

I was to pick up my rental at 11am. The representative called me and said they had to bring a car from Newton, KS to Junction city. I'm very, very upset as this has put me back towards my arrival time. Your business location is very unorganized and I am requesting some form of compensation for my wait time

• Be
      21st of Oct, 2018
    Hertz - Car Rental Customer service
    Orlando
    Hertz.com

I want to report that I'm not satisfied with the with the customer service that I received renting a car at your Orlando -West Colonial - HLE location, on 07/13/2017. The representative had a bad aura about him, as if he didn't want to wait on my husband & I. We have rented from that location before and never left with a heavy heart until today.

• 12
      15th of Oct, 2018
    Hertz - Unauthorized Credit charge , behaviour
    Tomball
    Texas

I had the worst ever experience on top of being called a liar then over charged for a compact car, I will never rent from hertz ever again they are the absolute worst !!! Blessing is one lying, rude, ignorant human being . The car I rented even needed maintenance done and I was told to ignore it as well as needed to be cleaned out.

• Ti
      14th of Oct, 2018
    Hertz - Unsatisfied costumer

Do not do business with Hertz they are a rip off and aren't client friendly.

10th of Sep, 2018
    Hertz - Billing error

I see on my VISA statement that I was charged $360.16 twice on 6/14/18. This was a rental in England. Kindly investigate and let me know what you find.

Cordially,

5th of Sep, 2018
    Hertz - rental
    Katy
    Texas

with in 30 minutes i received quotes with a 300 dollar difference. i ASKED ABOUT BEST PRICE Guarantee, told international only. Called and asked for supervisor. was told book elsewhere if you find a better deal. she didn't know about best rate. employees are unhelpful and poorly informed. I WILL NOT call again

• Un
      1st of Sep, 2018
    Hertz - Worse of everything
    Las Vegas
    Nevada

Please take a good look on the car that we got and you can let me know if it's acceptable or not.

Was waiting for customer care to return my email regarding the rental which I had in Vegas, it's more than a week now⋯⋯⋯⋯I guess, Herz does care !!! What a joke .

• Ni
      21st of Aug, 2018
    Hertz - Corporate Positions on Political Matters.

Although not an NRA member, I will NOT use Hertz as long as you bring politics into your business. You are business fools.

• Ro
      21st of Aug, 2018
    Hertz - Abandoning NRA
    All

I am not Bot
    I am a Patriot
    I am a frequent user of Car Rentals
    I and all within my circle condemn your company for politicization
    I will no longer consider Hertz a viable option in your industry

• Ca
      20th of Aug, 2018
    Hertz - paid 4 times instead of 3
    WARRINGTON
    England, Cheshire
    United Kingdom

Hi. The four references that I was given are H 60424972C1. Also H6042791090 and H 60517924E8 all at the desk in derry but the fourth one which was used was H6041518409.thanks carole feeney

I have paid for the last re 8409 from my debit card but the first three have come off my credit card which I need refunding please

• Sh
      20th of Aug, 2018
    Hertz - unauthorized credit card charges
    Shreveport
    Louisiana

i rented a 2013 Kia Rio in Sept of2015 or 2016 cant remember to the exact but i checked my credit score and it show hertz rental over charged by 2, 000 this is serious and i need to know what happened and why