Hertzcar damage claim

On Thursday 12 January 2107 I received a letter in the mail requesting I pay a large amount of money to Hertz for my personal car damaging a Hertz rental car. There was no information on the letter about the apparent incident except for the date and the 2 cars registration numbers.

I knew I was definitely not involved in any kind of incident/accident of any kind since I have owned my car for the last 12 months. The letter was also addressed to another female who I had never heard of before and did not know anyone by this name.

As soon as Hertz's office opened the next day I called to make sense of the letter and to tell them they had the wrong person. I was put through to a man by the name of Bipin Shangari. He was extremely rude and pretty much accused me of lying, he scoffed and laughed at half of the things I said and was very argumentative.

I said I did not know who the other person that the letter was addressed to. He informed me that the other person was the apparent person that was driving my car and damaged a Hertz rental car.

I told him repeatedly I did not know this person and he responded with "well you must, how is your registration and this person associated. How did they get your registration number?" I suggested that the only reason is that the registration has been recorded wrong somewhere through the process and they should contact the other person personally.

I said I know I did not have an accident on the date in my letter and that I did not lend my car to anyone on this date and Bipin's response was "well this was 4 months ago I'm sure you can't remember everything you did on that date and who you lent your car to?"

I asked several questions about where the incident happened, the time of day, what colour was the car. None of my questions could be answered.

I requested evidence and to get back to me as soon as possible so I don't have this incorrect accusation over my head and he responded "I can't control if you worry about this or not".

I did not get a call back or emails for a few days. So I called him back and he rudely said "I called you or I sent an email" he clearly had not.

The result of the issue was the registration number was actually recorded incorrectly and they had contacted the person involved personally and removed my name form the system.

I was obviously quite frustrated to get a bill for over $1300 that was incorrect and Bipin was very rude and could have handled this issue much better than he did. So this is a formal complaint about Bipin and I suggest he needs to improve his customer service skills and how he handles people in distressed situations.

Sa
Jan 19, 2017

Comments

•   Jan 20, 2017

Because no one would ever lie about that would they?

• Ro
      Aug 29, 2018

putting complaint with names is never a good idea. I suggest you remove the name as you have not put yours or the other person involved. i have been in that situation and the company found that the later that my wife was at friends place and her friend used the car to go to market to buy some drinks and hit someone and did not tell my wife as she was afraid that she will have to pay the excess. so something similar might have happened that you don't remember .

I hope you case has been sorted by now and if it is then i suggest remove this complaint of the name of the person.