Hertz / verbale fine online

Denmark Review updated:

I have received a verbale fine on line at 18:04 hrs. in Novate Milanese totalling 30 EURO which have been withdrawn from my credit card.
The problem is that I rented the car at Milan Malpensa Airport at 13:14 hrs. and passed Lucca several hundred kilometers away south at around 18:00 hrs. on my way to Montecantini-Terme in Toscana where I arrived at my hotel about 19:45 hrs.
I had some problems at Hertz Milan Malpensa Airport in obtaining the required car and papers were revised several times.
I do not know of any verbale fine on line and have in no way been in Novate Milanese at the claimed hours 18:04. As a consequence of above I want my money back.

Comments

29th of May, 2008
    Hertz - You know what really grinds my gears
    Glendale
    Oregon
    www.hertz.com

You know what really grinds my gears, the hertz rent a car commercials. They're ridiculously falsified. It really makes me ashamed to be apart of the commercial business. You know I am get up early to catch an episode of "Guiding Light", but to my dismay I turn on my tivo to an fascistly made up piece of garbage ala commercial advertising a do good car commercial. So this week my finger of shame lies upon you Hertz rental car company. SHAME ON YOU!!!

• Ju
      23rd of Jan, 2009

What!!!

• Po
      9th of May, 2009
    Hertz Car & Truck Rental - Awful service
    Hertz Car & Truck Rental
    hertz.com

This rental car site is terrible. The manager Juan provides terrible customer service and is quite condescending. I have had to rent from this site twice and both times were disastrous. The first time, they actually sent us to take the car for an oil change! We were an hour late due to this delay. This time, we were two hours late because of Juan. He did not listen to me as I was talking to him, as he had his friends on speaker phone. He sent us out with the wrong car, and when we returned to get the problem fixed, he was rude, dismissive and generally difficult to deal with.

I will never rent from there again.

• Ha
      27th of Dec, 2009

You know what really grind my gears? Douchebags like you immitating a cartoon. Yeah, you hear me. Family Guy, "what grinds my gear", when Peter Griffin gets a job and says exactly that.
    Grow up.

• Me
      24th of Feb, 2010

I had the same. I received a bill from Hertz Italia for 30 Eur stating Verbale fine on line issued by Novate Milanese. The problem is that I was driving from Bologna Airport to Parma...not at all around Novate Milanese.
    What happened to you next ?

• Re
      17th of May, 2010
    Hertz - Good Ol' Fashion service
    Valdosta Regional Airport
    Valdosta
    Georgia
    Phone: 229-242-7070
    hertz.om

I had the great pleasure of dealing with Hertz when my girlfriend and I were celebrating our anniversary. I had spoke to a representative for Hertz on the phone about 4 or 5 days before our trip and they offered me discounts s for being a USAA member and even for working at Walmart for about 10-15% which in these days and times sounded great. So I made my reservation and they said because I was a USAA member I was granted a waiver for only being 23 and I had a unlimited mileage rate, so my total was only $54.59 which sounded great to me so I reserved it and made plans around it and everything like any man would try to do for his girl. Then on the day I was supposed to go pick up my rental car we couldn't find the place so I called and they said they were located in a old body shop building on the side of the road. Then they proceeded to tell me that the owner had a death in the family and that I had to go all of the way to the Airport to get the car and they apologized for the inconveniance. That was the first hiccup on the road of celebrating our anniversary. Then we finally got to the Airport and went to the office only to find no one there for about 20 minutes. I called the office just in case whoever was there had a handset on them and they were possibly away from the desk so about 20 minutes later when someone finally showed up he was with another customer, which was okay, but then another guy showed up to help him. Then when he helped us he informed me that in order for me to get the car they had to use a debit card or a credit card to permit me to use the car which again was okay, but then they told me that they were going to do a CREDIT CHECK to see if I'm approved for using a rental car! ARE YOU KIDDING ME! A credit check just for a rental car! That's insane. Then not only was there a credit check that I guess the guy at the call center just forgot to mention, there was also a $200 DEPOSIT that was added to the balance because I was under 25. I don't understand why rental car companies think that people under 25 are less competent than people that are older but for what reason did they have for charging my card $200 more for being under 25 which they said they would waive any under age charges on the phone just a few days earlier. Hertz will never, EVER recieve any of my services again. NEVER!!!

• Ra
      14th of Jun, 2010

Sounds to me like the body shop was closed and Hertz had no control over that. Also when you make a reservation it has always been made aware to me that I need a major credit card and if I use a check card I will be subject to credit verification. If you think about it, you are getting a car for 60 bucks, whats to stop you from stealing it etc? Car Rental companies can force a charge on a credit card, they cannot on check cards so the credit check makes sense. Also the 200 is a deposit so you would have gotten it back upon return of the car. The fees that were waived are the extra amount per day charged to those under 25.
    Furthermore people under 25 are more likely to damage cars or do something stupid. You may not but the age group certainly does.

• Bu
      29th of Jun, 2010

Same thing happened to me in march. This is a total fraud. I contacted American Express and, without batting an eye, took the charge off my credit card. Said it was one of the allowable charges to be reversed. My only theory is that they have seen this time and again from Hertz Italia. Must be a "gentlemens handshake" with Italian polizia and Hertz.

• Lc
      1st of Mar, 2011
    Hertz - Overcharges/Service
    Mexico

Do not rent from Hertz in Mexico!!! They only steal your Money. They are thieves and should not be trusted to rent from. They charge you for “Damages” that do not exist and they will not work with you on these charges. Hertz “Worldwide” Customer Service can not speak with you regarding charges in Mexico and will not help you either. You are stuck on your own to try to dispute these charges. It only leads to lost time and frustration. I repeat DO NOT RENT FROM HERTZ IN MEXICO OR OUTSIDE OF THE USA. When I tried to dispute the charge with the Mr. Pablo Corona he tried to get me arrested. There was no “chip” in the windshield. When I tried to dispute it he said just try and I will get you arrested. Do not Do not Rent from Hertz anywhere in Mexico. I was a Hertz #1 Gold Member. Wow how would I have been treated if I wasn’t a “preferred” guest member of theirs? Wow!!! Save yourself the hassle and do not rent from Hertz outside of the United States.

No se alquile de Hertz en México!!! Roban solamente su dinero. Son ladrones y no deben ser confiados en para alquilarse. Le cargan para los “daños” que no existen y ellos no trabajarán con usted en estos cargos. El servicio de cliente “mundial” de Hertz no puede hablar con usted con respecto a cargos en México y no le ayudará tampoco. El Sr. Pablo Corona me amenazo con ser arrestado, cuando trate de discutir los cargos. Sálvense la frustración de rentar con ellos!!

• Be
      12th of Mar, 2011

The same happened to me. I have rented a car in Pisa in November. They have charged me 36 euros in March whereas I have returned back the car without any damage and with the tank full. This is totally unacceptable.

21st of Mar, 2011
    Hertz - No doubt Hertz is not on our favorite company list
    Hertz

My husband and I were some of several people trying to return rental cars on a Sunday where the Hertz representative did not tell anyone that they were closed on Sunday.

After several hours and many calls to Hertz 800 numbers and many unacceptable and dumb answers to our dilemma, we finally figured out that we would have to return the car somewhere else.

Then Hertz had the audacity to bill us for returning to an open location at the airport. We were trying to return by the train station.

It cost us 60 Euros more for their stupidity, lost train reservations and cab fairs.

No doubt Hertz is not on our favorite company list.

31st of Mar, 2011

A nosotros nos ha pasado lo mismo. Rentamos en Bologna y nos dirigimos al Lago di Garda. A la hora que pone la supuesta infracción, no estabamos en el sitio. Lo que molesta sobremanera es la demora en realizar, en forma perentoria, un débito de una tarjeta que, en confianza, se le facilita al comercio y que finaliza su validez al reintegrar el vehículo. ¿Que defensa nos queda si se les ocurre seguir efectuando cargos en el futuro?. Además deberían remitir una copia de la supuesta multa, cosa que no hacen si no se les reclama directamente. Tampoco se menciona el tipo de infracción que se ha cometido SUPUESTAMENTE. Esto nos deja como moraleja no alquilar nunca más en Hertz ni en Italia y relatarlo a todos nuestros conocidos para que tomen la misma determinación.
    Todo es totalmente inaceptable y vergonzosa la actitud de esta compañía.

• Tg
      17th of Apr, 2011
    Hertz - Unfair charges
    Hertz

I needed to rent a vehicle while mine was to be serviced. I called and spoke with the service representative at the Metro Detroit location.I asked about the rental process regarding the use of a debit card. She explained that they would obtain a credit check and if the score met the guidelines set by the company I would be able to rent the car. I explained that my score was 791 but I had an bankruptcy on the report, she said as long as the score was adequate for the company I would be OK. I then drove to the location and my debit application was declined.My problem is that I prepaid with my credit card before I reached the DTW to hurry the process. When I called the Hertz company, I was told that there would be a 25 dollar cancellation. I explained to the service representative Whitney that I had called before I purchased the rental to explain about the credit score and the credit report. She stated that if I had called before I reached the store I would not have been charged. How could I call before I reached the location when the store customer service rep told me it would be ok. I then attempted to just change the day of pick Up but she said it would be 25.0 to change the date. I ask to speak to someone in the retention area to clarify why I would not be a positive customer for Hertz and was refused. SO IF ANYONE IS READING THIS DO NOT RENT FROM HERTZ!!!

• So
      3rd of May, 2011
    Hertz - North Carolina - False charges
    6300 Morrison Boulevard
    Charlotte
    North Carolina
    Phone: 704 444 2726
    hertz.com

We returned a car on march 23rd. We went there and here was no one on the counter, a note said to call a number. Calling the number we were told to leave the keys in the drop box and we could download the receipt online. After hearing nothing from them, a month later we get an email saying the car as just been turned in and that we owe them and extra month. Calling people only gets us no where. They are simply a pack of thieves.

• Ho
      7th of Jul, 2011

we have drop boxes for a reason, if you lock the keys in it have fun paying the 200 dollar fee =]

• Al
      13th of Jul, 2011

The same happened to me even twice! 36 EUR each had been withdrawn from my credit card after 3 and 5 months!!! Be careful by renting a car from herzt in Italy
    [protected]@hotmail.com

• Ts
      26th of Jul, 2011

Hello from Finland. Yes, I also receive a 36 euros charge for my credit card after 2 monhts. What is this charge?

• Hb
      29th of Jul, 2011

The same happened to me four times 36 EUR each had been withdrawn from my credit card after 2 months!!! Be careful by renting a car from herzt in Italy. Anybod got some solution? What for is this ? How to get my money back? If some someone know the answer, please mail to [protected]@yahoo.com

• Ki
      2nd of Aug, 2011

I received a $50.72 credit card charge from Hertz Italiana Spa Roma dated July 15th, 2011 in my August 2nd 2011 credit card statement. I called Hertz to inquire about the charge. They stated that it was a charged from them to cover the administrative fees they incurred in providing the Italian authority with my personal information in renting a car from them during my stay in Italy. To date, I have not received any notification from an Italian authority regarding any driving or parking infraction during or after my stay in Italy. I called my CC company to report an unauthorized charge and to close my CC. Is this the way we do business with " we are number one" rental car company?

• Al
      19th of Aug, 2011

Just happened me today. . HERTZ ITALIANA SPA ROMA Charged 3x 39 euros or $59*3= $177 in total to my credit card. This is totally scam and they are trying to generate additional revenue with those charges. Next step for the people who experienced same thing, needs to call the bank and dispute transactions.

• Lo
      9th of Sep, 2011

Hallo from Bulgaria. Two times 36 EUR have been taken from my credit card by Herts Italiana for VERBALE FINE ON LINE, at place we have never been. If anybody knows the way to take it back, please mail me to [protected]@abv.bg

20th of Sep, 2011

Can somebody explain to me what type of fine is this? What does it mean "verbale fine on line"??? My chief has been charged with the same fine. Thanks!

20th of Sep, 2011

I have just called Hertz Argentina and they explained to me that this charge of 36 euros are just Hertz administrative charges. Those who that have received this charge will receive in the future documentation papers from the italian police explaining the type of fine you will have to paid (as far as I could find out it means that you have drawn you car in restringed areas), how mucho if the fee, where did you drove your car, etc

4th of Oct, 2011

Otra más, 36 euritos, motivo "VERBALE FINE ON LINE"... que coño es eso? Pone que fué en Bologna, día 20 de julio 2011, 16:58 h. Que morro tienen estos de Hetz, por medio de SafoSistemi, el remitente. Si llega el cargo a la tarjeta, lo devolveré, pero lo primero que haré es anular la tarjeta y sustituirla por otra. No vuelvo a alquilar un coche ni nada a Hertz y menos por internet, nunca mais.

13th of Oct, 2011

He hablado con atención al cliente de HERTZ España y me dicen los muy jetas que todo esto es una práctica común, que a ellos les avisa la policía de un multa y que ellos avisan al que alquiló el coche, aviso que cobran, en mi caso 36 euritos de vellón y alegan que es legal porque está en el contrato que firmas al recoger el coche, cojonudo!!. Luego por lo visto y en teoría, te llega la multa como tal que enviaría la policia...
    Trataré por todos los medios de no pagar esta estafa y si me llega a la tarjeta, hacer la devolución y si me tocan mucho los chismes, les denuncio al juzgado. Y lo que tengo muy claro, no volveré a alquilar nada a Hertz, a parte de la publicidad negativa que les voy a hacer a quien pueda.

13th of Oct, 2011

He hablado con atencion al cliente de HERTZ Spain y me dicen los muy jetas que todo esto es una practica comun, que a ellos les avisa la policia de un multa y que Hertz avisa al cliente, aviso que cobran, en mi caso 36 euritos de vellon y alegan que es legal porque esta puesto en el contrato que firmas al recoger el coche, cojonudo!!. Luego por lo visto y en teoria te llega la multa como tal que enviaria la policia...
    Tratare por todos los medios de no pagar esta estafa y si me llega a la tarjeta, hacer la devolucion, y si me tocan mucho los chismes, les denuncio al juzgado. Y lo que tengo muy claro, no volvere a alquilar nada a Hertz, a parte de la publicidad negativa que les voy a hacer a quien pueda.

• Wa
      31st of Oct, 2011

I had the same problem in Italy and was charged 4 X 36.00 Euro's

Just got off the phone with Master Card and they are going to remove the charges, cancel my card, contact their fraud department and issue a new card.

This certainly seems like a scam to me.

Wayne

• Tw
      1st of Nov, 2011

Rented a car from Hertz in Rome (Train Station) in July. Received the 36 Euro charge on my CC in September, followed by the "Invoice" the next month. I searched Google and found this page, confirming my suspicions that this was a total fraud. Luckily I charged the original car rental to my American Express, and when I called them tonight they immediately credited the charges back to my account. The fact that I only had to wait on hold for about 30 seconds before the full refund was issued tells me that this is a well-known scam. So, call your CC company if you get this bogus charge and hopefully they will take it off as easily as American Express did for me. I definitely won't be renting from Hertz in Italy ever again.

• Su
      16th of Nov, 2011

Hello! I rented a car in Florence too. After 4 months I received the firsta charge of 36, 00 euros on my credit card. Two months later there is another charge for the same amount of 36, 00 euros. After reading all these comments, I am sure now this is a scam from Hertz and they are just taking advantage of the tourists that are now too far away to complain personally about it and to verify with the authorities that this is not a SCAM. Umbelievable!

• Rs
      16th of Nov, 2011

I just realized, that the same happened to me: in May we had a car from Hertz Italiana, and in July as well as in August, they charged me each time 36.- € from my Visa card. What is to do???

• Ri
      9th of Dec, 2011

My visa bank card was billed three times 36 euros in novembrer 2011 from Hertz spa italia Roma. I did called my visa bank claimed division and told them that I find it unusual such amounts and that I don't want to pay them. They immediatly made a contest claim to Hertz Italia Roma and saying that they were going to ask documents proof for these three transactions. I really think that Hert italia is using my visa card number for frauds purpose.

• Ra
      13th of Dec, 2011

Hi all,

The same happened to me. They sent 3 invoices for 36 euros at time 5, 6, and 7pm. I took the car at 4pm and drew towards Switzerland. The bills at time 5 and 7 were from same place but the bill charged at 6 was from a place close to geneva. This is totally fraud. I dint knw what to do but I could see from my bank account that i could cancel the payment. I did and I am going to report it to my bank and call hertz, italy.

• Rs
      15th of Dec, 2011

Good news: i wrote a mail to hertz germany and asked them to clear the situation witz Hertz in Neaples. And - i got my money back!!

• Lu
      27th of Jan, 2012

I have received the same fine from Hertz. THe charge was from Bologna, which was unusual. I received a fine while the car was in the Hotel parking garage and I was in my Hotel room getting ready for lunch. I contact Hertz and they cannot produce any ticket. They said that I have to contact the police to find out the ticket. I asked them why they charge me. Hertz replied that it is an admistrative charge for giving your information to the police. I contacted the police in Bologna and they had no records of any ticket. I have received a similar charge when I rented from them three years ago and I have never receive any paperwork from Italy. I have found out from other people who have rented from Hertz Italy that this is a scam in Hertz Italy. I rent from same car Hertz Spain and I have not received any weird charge from them. I contacted the Hertz corporate headquarters and they said that I have to deal with Italy Hertz not them. They told me to just pay the charges, which will be lest trouble then disputing it. They mentioned that it will be easy to pay then to fight it. I guess that Hertz Italy is constantly charging customer with no support and getting away with it. I am an Italian and I am very disappointed in how Italy Hertz are ripping off customer. I guess with all their problems, Italy will now be on the bottom of my list for a return trip. I do not like to ripped off.

16th of Mar, 2018

@Luigi Roma I have the same problem. I consider this a fraud as well and I let Hertz know so they can investigate. I told the credit card to investigate and discontinued the credit card so I could no longer be charged.

• Je
      14th of Feb, 2012

I had the same problem. Hertz Italy charges me EUR 36, 30 for a Verbale Fine On Line on 09/29/2011 today. No reason for that and no explanation too. This is in my opinion a fraud. I don´t recommend to rent a car from Hertz Italy.

• Je
      15th of Feb, 2012

Same happened to me and noticed today. I don't owe any money to Hertz and I was charged €36 which I don't know what they represent. I have just contacted my bank and will wait reply in the coming days. I never had any problems with car rentals in italy, however it seems that Hertz like to play games.

• Za
      28th of Feb, 2012

I have the same problem in Florence !!! If you want to know more about this click in here: http://www.bella-toscana.com/traffic_violations_italy.htm

• Hp
      22nd of Mar, 2012

Nothing changed until now. I was charged in February 2012 twice 30 Euro by Hertz Advantage Roma. I try to cancel this charge with mastercard. I have not signed any bill, I had rent a car of Advantage easter 2011 in catana/sicily!

• Cl
      17th of Apr, 2012

In mia carta de credito há venuto un costo de 36 Euro . Cosa é questo ? Credevo che questa firma era segura, perche simao pagati tutto in Venezia prima de prendere la machina e quando abbiamo lasciata la machina in Roma, lo operadore dela Hertz a detto che era tuto certo ! ma adesso vedendo tanti reclamacioni, sempra che vuoi non sono confiabile ! Ho afittao machina in altre posto come Budapest e Parice e in nessuno posto ho avuto problemi. Per favore cerco di vedere cosa cé !

Claudia Viviana Lavacca Danczkay - São Paulo - Brasil
    Fone : 055 11 - 4427-6089

• Cl
      17th of Apr, 2012

the same happened with me! Its amazing !!36 Euro for wath ????