Hero Honda / poor service!

1 India Review updated:

I want to complaint about the Hero Honda Showroom (Nikhi Motors), which is located in karnataka, Bangalore. I booked HH glamour with disc brakes on December 12, 2006. The next day, that is December 13, 2006, a representative of this showroom gave me a call and told me that the stock has arrived and I should come and pay the down payment, so I dropped to the showroom and inquired about the vehicle. They told the amount to be paid and took the cash. After receiving the cash, they are informing me that they do not have HH glamour with disk brake so asked me to go with the drum brakes. I told them that I want only HH glamour with disc brakes, so they told me to wait for two more days. I waited and waited for at least two weeks. After two weeks, when I reached the showroom, they are informing me that there is some problem with the HH glamour bike (disc brake), so the company is not willing to send the consignment of HH glamour disc brake from Dehli, so go with drum brakes. I told them I don't want the bike so refund the amount, but they were not ready to refund the amount and started pursuing me to go with drum brakes. Is this the way that a company handles a customer.

Comments

• Aa
      22nd of Feb, 2011

I sent the below mail to [email protected] today, lets see what they have to say.

Hello Team,

I am (or rather was) a proud owner of your flagship HH Karizma R for about 3 years until this incident happened. After running the bike stock for close to 3 years I decided to do some performance changes like K&N and Upjetting the carb. To my bad luck the job was not done properly by my nearby local mechanic which resulted in my Bike’s breakdown (bike stalled and won’t start).

THE DIFFICULT TIME:

My bike is with HH SVC center (Nikki Motors Sadashivnagar Bangalore) from 11th of feb, and the reason I get from the supervisor is that the Spare part is not available all across Bangalore(carburetor).
    Without the bike I had to run nooks and corners of the city only to find no luck.
    I finally reached a Pashwa motors (HH spares) and they charged me Rs 4800 for the carb and said it will take 10 to 15 days to get the part.

Reg no for the bike: KA 04 EW 9234

My questions:

1. 25 days just to get the carburetor replaced?
    2. Will someone take the ownership ?
    3. Should the customer wait for 25 days to get a part repaired/replaced?
    4. Is it so difficult to find spare parts for a karizma?
    5. Did I make a mistake by buying a flagship HH bike by paying full down cash?
    6. Most important of all, will I get a reply for this email?

• Se
      23rd of Mar, 2011

customer services, Hero Honda
    I had purchased Hero Honda Pleasure scooty on date 19.5.2010 from
    m/s VSS Enterprises, sector 13, hiran magari Udaipur in the name of
    B.S.E.S India Pvt Ltd. The engine no & frame no are JF16EBAGE10585 & MBLJF16EDAGE08035 respectively.
    since the initial days of purchasing till date this scooty is giving me lot of starting problem. Even it can't be started by kick starting once the self push button start fails. Three servicing of this scooty was done by m/s vss Enterprises, udaipur, but the problem of starting is still pursisting. Every time when I have reported the matter to service centre, they assured me that they will rectify this technical problem but after 07 to 10 days after servicing again, I start facing the same problem. I am fed up of using this scooty with this starting problem, so I am writing to you with hope that you will find some solution to this.
    Thanking you & Hoping for an early solution of the above mentioned problem.
    Abhishek singh chouhan
    mobile no. 09928147541

• Va
      26th of Mar, 2011

Srinivasa Automobile in Tambaram Sanitorium(Chennai) is not good at keeping the promise(time of Delivery). They will leave you for lot of anoyance(they are treating people like illiterates). They wanted me to collect my bike at 7.30 pm today. By the time i reached there it just five minutes passed 7.30pm due to the heavy traffic in GST road. They could have ringed me earlier we bill shutting the office sharply at 7.30pm in the first place why should they want me to come at 7.30pm if it is closing time.There is lot of communication gap. oflate probably they have got number of vehicles turnaround because of that their partronage towards servicing the client has taken the beating. Hero Honda is very good product. If hero honda is going to support this type of authorised dealers then definitetly it is going to dent their brand image. Hard ship is felt every we have to give it for service. Who ever working in IT will find it difficult to give for service and collect it. After sales will become more important factor when guaging the product. I believe hero Honda will wake up. You must know who is fighting in the battle field from the front. they are going to take your to customers. GM failed miserably in this front from US. I believe there is immediate threat in India for Hero Honda and if it going to continue it will erode the brand image(what ever point you have gained would get eroded by after sales humiliation).

31st of Mar, 2011

Hero Honda is a big company but its network seems to be very poor. I am sorry to say that the authorised service centers of the company are useless . Specially I will give you example of Doon Valley Motors at Rajpur road Dehradun. It is crowded all the time but no body is there to listen the problems. In the name of due service they simply wash and remove the dust only. On enqury I was told that only this much can be done during free services. Nobody is there to listen the problems. The contact number of the service center is 0135-2747343. I have come to the conclusion that it was my mistake to choose Hero Honda motor bike for me.

Jay Singh Rawat

• A3
      27th of May, 2011

Hero Honda service center at Thane [provided by RANJEET MOTORS], THANE is pathetic. My bike Splendor plus is not giving proper mileage. I have visited them for 4 times till date. Everytime superviser says your bike is good and he does some tuning but that tuning never increased bike's mileage. I have stopped hoping with them if they are able to rectify. Just wasting time and money.

• Ra
      8th of Jun, 2011

I have purchased passionpro from Adyar motors chennai on 28-01-2011 . I gave my vehicle to southern auto center, nandanam, chennai for my first service on 28 mar 2011
    I was told to pay Rs 595 towards replacement of oil and teflon coating at 663 kms riding as first service.
    On 31 may 2011 I gave my vehicle for my second service after reaching 2010 Kms . on the same shop .
    REGN NO TN22BR6093 / J NO ;F14700 MECHANIC : RAMESH S. NAME : DHAKSNAMOORTHY
    Now i was told to pay Rs 395 towards teflon coating.

but on 7 june 2011 the battary of my vehicle was completely down and hence i was not able to start
    in madipakkam.
    in this connection i want to state that during my second service the service mechanic has not done his duty properly,
    and hence I have given my battary to charge in other shops.
    Regn nO : TN22BR6093 / J NO ;F02322
    mechanic : KANNAN
    s. name : DHARMALINGAM P
    IT IS OBSERVED THAT SOUTHERN AUTO CENTER IS INTERESTED TO EARN MONEY FROM THEIR CUSTOMERS
    RATHER THEN GETTING GOOD NAME
    I REQUEST YOU,
    IN FUTURE, PL DON'T ENCOURAGE TO COMMIT THESE IRRESPONSIBLE BEHAVIOR IN THEIR WORKS
    now I feel that very poor service is maintained in the service center( southern auto center, Nandanam chennai 35)
    within 8 days of service I faced this problem. It shows the t irregular in their works .
    THANKING YOU
    R.RAJESH
    PHONE : 9442282076

• Pa
      18th of Jun, 2011

Dear Sir/ Mam

I have brought a splender plus motorcycle (Eng. no. HA10EAA9F08948, Chass. MBLHA10EJA9F05926, HR 49B 9338) from Gaurav automobiles Kurukshetra .after 7000 km a smoking problem arises then i went to Panchkula herohonda agency (148, ind.area phase2) .they put some parts(kit, piston, rings)now after 13000kmthe same smoking problem arises again i had been go Panchkula Hero Honda agency(148, ind.area phase2) there on12-6-2011 & they suggest me to change some parts & give me deliver date 14-6-2011.but when i was go there no action took by them & said that i have no parts we indent these parts from Hero Honda company . now today is 19-06-2011.but there is no action taken by them.

KINDLY RESOLVE THIS MATTER
    PARVEEN kUMAR

• Sr
      26th of Jun, 2011

I HAVE PURCHASED MY HERO HONDA PLEASURE VECH AP29BJ4109 FROM PHOINIX MOTOR RIGHT FROM BEFORE FIRST SERVICE I COMPLAINT OF VECH HANDLE VIBRATION. VECH WAS CHECKED IN SRI LAKSHMI MOTOR L.B NAGAR IT MAY BE DUE FOUNDTION LOOSE HENCE WE ADJUST AND CHECK IN 1ST SERVICE. PROBLEM WAS NOT RECTIFIED AGAIN I COMPLAINT THEY SAID GO TO PHOINEX MOTOR . HUBSIGUDA NEAR TARANAKA . THEY RESPOSE TO CUSTOMER IS GOOD ESPECIALLY WM.BUT .I WENT SEVERAL TIME FOR SAME REPEATED PROBLEM (STEERING HANDLE VIBRATION IN DOUBLE) NOT SOLVED. AT FIRST REAR TYRE THAT I KNOW .AFTER THEN WAT THEY REPLACED OR WARRENTY CLAIMED THAT I DONT KNOW MY VECH KEPT ONE WEEK IN PHONIX MOTOR BUT THERE IS STILL VIBRATION .I COMPLAINT TO HERO HONDA SERVICE ENGG AS PER ROAD CONDITION IT WILL BE LIKE THAT .THERE NO PROBLEM. BUT MY QUESTION IS AS PER ROAD CONDITON WHY THE PROBLEM NOT ARASING IN OTHER VECH (SAME PLEASURE) I DRIVE OTHER NEW VECH (PLEASURE) ON SAME ROAD THERE NO VIBRATION IN OTHER VECH ONLY IN MY VECH

• Sr
      1st of Jul, 2011

I HAVE PURCHASED MY HERO HONDA PLEASURE VECH AP29BJ4109 FROM PHOINIX MOTOR RIGHT FROM BEGAINING FIRST SERVICE I COMPLAINT OF VECH HANDLE VIBRATION. VECH WAS CHECKED IN SRI LAKSHMI MOTOR L.B NAGAR THEY SAID IT MAY BE DUE FOUNDTION LOOSE HENCE WE CHECK AND ADJUST IN 1ST SERVICE. BUT PROBLEM WAS NOT RECTIFIED AGAIN I COMPLAINT THEY SAID GO TO PHOINEX MOTOR . HUBSIGUDA NEAR TARANAKA .WHERE YOU PURCHASE THE VECH . I TAKEN VECH TO PHONIX MOTOR THEY RESPOSE TO CUSTOMER IS GOOD ESPECIALLY WM.BUT .I WENT SEVERAL TIME FOR SAME REPEATED PROBLEM (STEERING HANDLE VIBRATION IN DOUBLE) NOT SOLVED. THEN THEY FIRST REAR TYRE BUT PROBLEM NOT SOLVED.AFTER THAT I DON’T KNOW . WAT THEY REPLACED OR WARRENTY CLAIMED THAT I DONT KNOW MY VECH KEPT ONE WEEK IN PHONIX MOTOR BUT THERE IS STILL VIBRATION .I COMPLAINT TO HERO HONDA SERVICE ENGG AS PER HIM ROAD CONDITION IT WILL BE LIKE THAT .THERE NO PROBLEM. BUT MY QUESTION IS AS PER ROAD CONDITON IT WILL LIKE THAT MEANS WHY THE PROBLEM NOT ARASING IN OTHER VECH ?(SAME PLEASURE AND SAME ROAD ) I DRIVE OTHER NEW VECH (PLEASURE) ON SAME ROAD THERE NO VIBRATION IN OTHER ONLY IN MY VECH.I WANT CLEARLY THAT THEY CAN ABLE SOLVE THE PROBLEM R NOT

27th of Jul, 2011

I have pleasure and I get same experience with service center RANJEET MOTORS, THANE is very poor and I think they are tampering with the bikes parts and battery parts. I change my battery in rangeet motors and after three months I get service in RANJEET MOTORS, THANE the same problem of starting trobles is aries.
    MH04DA-2977

• Ro
      17th of Aug, 2011

Hello,
    This is Rosan Khan from cuttack, Orissa, India. Previously I had complaint
    during purchase of bike from JMG Automobiles but now my son facing
    harassment during service from JMG Automobiles.Please tell me we are your
    customer or your slave that we are facing harassment from your dealer?

Exactly my home is 25km far from JMG Automobiles cuttack. And the rule of
    JMG Automobiles for service is to attend the line from 5am & they are
    accepting limited vehicles for service for the particular day. And it is
    not always possible for my son to reach at early morning at the particular
    place with return without get bike service.So, he had done his bike service
    at M/S.Santosh Kumar & Co City Work, Link Road, Cuttack-753012. Tin
    No:21961200282 thrice. Fifth free service was done at M/S.Santosh Kumar & Co
    City Work, Link Road, Cuttack-753012. Tin No:21961200282 on Dt:11-Aug-2011.
    On that day issue was that horn & other lights was working properly & after
    examination by the serviceman they found Battery was not giving proper
    voltage. Then the advices my son to go & collect the exide battery claim
    form from JMG Automobiles, Cuttack and do the claim the Battery with that
    claim form at Exide Industries Ltd. My son had gone to M/S JMG Automobiles
    job card counter on Dt:16-Aug-2011 at about 10.00am. & inquired that where
    the battery claim form available. At that counter Mr.Behera instructed to
    meet the service manager Mr.Khuntia. When my son met with Mr.Khuntia after
    more than 30 mins as he was not available in his chamber.Then he asked my
    son "who told you that the battery is not working or defective". My son told
    him that he has done the service of his bike at M/S.Santosh Kumar & Co City
    Work, Link Road, Cuttack-753012. your authorized service center on
    11-Aug-2011 & they told about the battery was defective. He shouted on my
    son & said "who told you that M/S.Santosh Kumar & Co City Work, Link Road,
    Cuttack-753012.

• Ti
      20th of Sep, 2011

The Service Station/Dealers are not providing services as per the mannual. Similarlily when I reported for third service my CBZ Extreme at Sai Motors, Ambala Cantt on 03 September 2011 they even did not wash my bike and when I tried to start the bike on next day I found sparking found had broken due to over tightening.

• Su
      27th of Sep, 2011

I have purchased hero Honda passion pro from dealer of Nagappa motors Anna Nagar Chennai and also my bike has gone through the FOUR free services through sub dealers Shivalaya motors Ambattur .I purchased the bike on July 2010 .
    For about 10 days there s problem in self start in the bike passion pro.when i took the bike for battery service center they told that the battery was out of condition.They made me know that its period is about two and half years and also added that this should have been checked by the company service center .Because of the poor service of the company service center my bike had gone through problems like mileage, functioning of carburetor, lighting and horn.kindly take necessary action about this issue and check into the poor service of the sub dealer otherwise i will go into consumer forum.

• Mi
      3rd of Feb, 2012

I have brought a 2nd hand Hero Honda CD100ss bike which is very good condition but the bike have a mileage problem . The bike have a mileage 50Km/ per Litter which is very poor compare other CD 100 ss bike. Recently I was servicing my bike & Air filter, Mobile(change) Chamber & Carburetor clean . The 1st owner of the bike not to running this bike compulsory, last 1 year he did not use this bike.

Show I want to know that how to solve the mileage problem to my Bike.

• Bh
      24th of Feb, 2012

i have given my pleasure for repair from last one an half month ago n me not getting any respone regarding my pleasure service..n when i call them they give me lame excuse..peasel inform or contact me as soon as possible or else i have to take some action...

• Ga
      15th of Sep, 2012

I want to complaint about the Hero Honda Showroom (MORANI MOTORS, JAIPUR), which is located in JAIPUR, RAJASTHAN.
    I Gajendra Gaur brought a HERO HONDA BIKE PASSION PRO and the bike number is RJ 14 BU 6499. Last day I went at your morani motors service centre for 4th free service of my bike but I did not satisfied there b’coz last evening aprox 6:50 to 7:00 pm I was there and I found my bike was standing outside of service center and then I went inside and talk to executives but they told me “you are late so please came tomorrow at 08:30 am”
    Today I went there and saw the service centre was open at 8:30 but the execution starts from 9:20am and after that morani executives issued service book to me but the invoice, key of bike, gate pass and my bike did not returned to me at 10:15am.
    But the amazing things is there I found service means only or only wash and polish of bike and nothing…..
    There I stand one an hour and after that my problems and bike alignment (servicing like adjust average, mirror setting and more) but during in this process I was completely mentally and physically disturbed so please look there and try to finding what’s the reason behind it.
    Today I have lost my office duty due to late so please look this matter very carefully because it was very harmful for me.
    Thanks!!!