Hermes / Non-Delivery of Goods

1 London, England, Greater London, United Kingdom Review updated:

Please note that Hermes do not deliver or leave a cared saying that they have even attempted to deliver. The email contact us response is and I qoute "We apologise, but are unable to deal directly with your parcel enquiry. Please contact the company with who you placed your order."
The telephone number: [protected] gives an automated message saying the same thing. I can only assume that their reputation of non-delivery is such they dare not speak to people.
If you are a retailer or anyone else for that matter considering using this courier firm for the delivery of your goods I would advise that you re-consider and use a more reliable courier service.

Ja

Comments

5th of Nov, 2010

I totally agree to with jane63. I love small businesses and their great ideas and decided to try Hermes since they always deliver my order from NEXT even on a Sunday. I live in North London and wanted a parcel sent to South East London (I wished I had just driven down there myself) . I won't bore you with all the details and phone calls I made to resolve this. But item turned up after 2 weeks in a State! The bag was torned and delivered wide open. Thankfully everything was still intact but I was very dissatisfied with the service and won't be using them in a loooooooooooooooooooh while, if I ever do at all!

• He
      23rd of Nov, 2010

I thoroughly agree. Hermes are an absolute nightmare. I stopped using one catalogue who delivered via these couriers but am now caught up in their ineptitude again through a second caralogue. And yet again - no delivery - no collection of items to be returned (in spite of arranging this 5 times). This catalogue are even worse - they don't give you the option of returning via the post office. NEVER EVER EVER EVER use Hermes - they are absolutely dreadful. It's about time these mail order catalogues realised that their customers deserve some service and that using Hermes can only lose them customers in droves.

• Em
      2nd of Feb, 2011

I have had a card through the door saying i was out ( even though i was in), but no number or contact details. It did have a date that they would re deliver and needless to say i stay in but they dont bother! I contacted the number at the bottom of the card which tells me that i would have to go to the website. After going to the website i finally leave a complaint as there is no other way of contacting them. An automated email pops to my in box saying that they cant talk to me about it and i should contact the sender. HOW CAN I WHEN I DONT KNOW WHO SENT IT!!!

AN AWFUL COMPANY WHO HAS NO INTEREST IN SERVICE YET HAS THE BALLS TO BRAG ABOUT THERE GOOD DELIVERY RATES ON THEIR WEBSITE! GOD KNOWS WHERE THEY GET THEIR FIGURES FROM!

• Li
      12th of May, 2011

Im a courier for hermes on a self employed basis i deliver mon-sat give my mobile number to my customer i always deliver & collect when i say i will and am reliable i went out delivering in all the bad snow didnt miss one day for them and dont get any benefits just a per parcel rate since becomimg hermes (was parcelnet ) they have taken on more more business which most of us couriers get out but with our deliveries now getting to us at 1130 not 0830 because hermes have taken on more & more business as greedy but have no more staff in head office or more vans to drop deliveries to us we get tarnished i can assure u all the couriers in my town ( there is 5 ) work their bollocks off for hermes and our customers its just greed on the companies part. im a mum of 3 am self employed by them my youngest is 2. i worked the wed delivering parcels finished at 3pm at 10pm i gave birth and had two days off was back working sat so dont tar us all with the same brush i deliver leave cards & answer/return my calls ... Hermes courier

• Ry
      1st of Jun, 2011

I think the problem is that couriers vary drastically and it's luck of the draw. Our local courier sometimes won't deliver to our office as the car park is for staff only. How on earth do they manage to deliver in city centers with no parking? Oh, and their phone is always engaged. Seems like a joke of a company.

• Je
      11th of Dec, 2014

Many packages delivered successfully without fuss in the run up to Christmas except two, from different suppliers but same courier...Hermes. Repeatedly "out for delivery" but no attempt to deliver. Given the number of complaints about this company why is anyone still using them ?

• Ti
      24th of Sep, 2015

just been on live chat to hermes parcel out for delivery courier received then at 5.30 re attempt this is twice in 2 weeks with 2 separate parcels all they said was contact retailer, what can the retailer do when hermes has your parcel.all day long i have waited in to do the same tomorrow disgusting

• Ju
      10th of Feb, 2016

I have the same problem first they said they delivered a parcel and I sighned for it total lie as I have cctv to prove, went to depot in Birmingham and threatened them with police for theft of parcel low and behold arrived the next day delivered by one of supervisors. this week should have been delivered by 8th of feb was on tracking out with courier on the 4th feb no parcel arrived rang hermes they sent email to depot to a so called resolution manager and said I have to wait 48hrs for reply, I said why this has now been going on for a few days still waiting if not heard anything tomorrow going back to depot weather they like it or not there is a customer service number ignore the contact retailer option as I do and wait for them to answer as you need to vent your anger wel the number is 0843 515 8118, good luck and give them whats for

• Co
      25th of Oct, 2016

Last 5 orders I've placed with Amazon that have gone to Hermes for delivery have all been returned to Amazon with the "unable to deliver due to unforseen circumstances" excuse. No explanation as to what constitutes unforseen circumstances. Tidal wave sweeping delivery van away? Sheep stealing the van? Amazon also are next to useless at handling my complaint - they say they have no control over which delivery company gets parcels and I can re-order if I still want the goods! All other courier companies have no problems delivering to my address - even those with an average score for deliveries.