Herman Street / No refund

I purchased BifDefender Antivirus 2009 from a comparison page of virus programs and found that I was directed to Herman St. page. It gave me another 20% saving. So, I purchased above mentioned software at 19, 96 USD, and was charched immediately.

I received an e-mail from Herman St. but the license code was not accepted by BitDefender.
Soon after installation my PC crashed totally.

I have not received any refund from Herman St.

Ri

More Herman Street Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ga
      8th of Apr, 2009

This isn't the first time I've heard of problems with Herman Street. Contact your credit card company and tell them you never received the product (they never sent you a valid license code) and on top of that the software does not function correctly and crashes your computer. You have contacted the merchant but they have failed to provide a remedy.

I have had credit card companies try to talk me out of disputing a charge. It's easier for them if you don't. Don't let them talk you out of it. File a dispute.

I have read several posts where Herman Street try to bully customers and tell them if they dispute it with the credit card company and the credit company sides with the customer, Herman Street will then charge the customer an extra $35 chargeback fee AND report it as bad debt on their credit statement. This is complete arm waving. They can't report it on your credit statement. They never issued you credit. They are not a credit company. Maybe if they sued you and got a court judgment, and then you failed to pay, they could report it on your credit report. Short of that they are blowing smoke and trying to bully you.

Take my advice. Keep pushing with Herman Street but also dispute the charge with your credit card company while you still have time. Don't let Herman Street know you are disputing it while you're still trying to work things out with them. If you do, they'll shut down and stop communications (that is, you you can actually get them to communicate.)

I also suggest complaining with BitDefender. Herman Street's lack of support reflects poorly on them. If they get enough complains they will drop them and go with another reseller.

• Ke
      17th of Feb, 2013
    Herman Street - non delivery of goods
    herman streey
    2425 lincoln ave
    Ogden
    Utah
    Phone: 8666482140

DO NOT REPEAT DO NOT BUY FROM HERMAN STREET THEY STEAL YOUR MONEY AND SEND NOTHING, cost me $470 .oo the hard way I actually TRUSTED THIS COMPANY.
    DONT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE AS WE DID.
    WILL NOT ANSWER CALLS OR EMAILS ONCE THEY HAVE YOUR MONEY

• Wi
      5th of Jun, 2013

BEWARE: STAY AWAY FROM HERMAN ST!

Their 30-days money-back is a RIP-OFF for software downloads. If you have downloaded the software (which is the whole point) you'll never get your money back!

They didn't even have the latest versions of the software they are selling and didn't care to get it for you too. Instead they told me to go elsewhere for the newest version after I had bought the old one from them... No upgrade offers, no customer care at all.
    LOUSY SERVICE!

20th of Dec, 2013

I also purchased bitdefender antivirus 2013 from a comparisonsite that directed me to Herman St. the liscencekey functions and I have the program. But the bank closed my visacard before a suspicious transaction..im pretty sure its this company that have tried to misuse my visacard for almost 1000 Dollars, do I have to mention they are not official dealers. (official criminals)

• Th
      16th of Sep, 2015

If they applied services to their customers, as quickly and efficiently as they take money from your bank, they would get 5 stars. That is the ONLY thing they did.

Having paid for the software, I received an email right away saying how much they have taken, with the promise of a email giving details how to download and install the 3 licenses I purchased. 3 days later, still waiting, and sent 5 emails to them and even telephoned them from the UK. 10 minute wait and then a recorded message stating their opening times (which this call was well within), and rang off after saying they were busy.

I have given these scammers 5 days before I claim a refund though my bank, for non-receipt of goods. I also informed Bitdefender of this scammers activities.

BTW Bitdefender don't use key codes anymore, and all of their software must be downloaded directly from their central website, once you have purchased your subscriptions (licenses). In law, if you enter a contract with someone and you pay your portion of the contract, the other party fails to deliver theirs (goods), you are entitled to a full refund and in some cases interest, as they are in breach of contract, no matter what their refund policy maybe.