Heritage Web Solutions Provo Utah / Heritage Web Solutions is full of crooks

1 Provo, UT, United States Review updated:

RUN RUN RUN and RUN!!! from this fake and dubious people called Heritage Web Solutions. PLEASE READ MY LINES CLEARLY, DO NOT DO ANY BUSINESS WITH THIS PEOPLE, EVERYTHING YOU'VE WILL READ SO FAR ABOUT HIT IS TRUE: THEY ARE CHEATS, CUNNY, DUBIOUS AND EXTREMELY UNPROFESSIONAL.

I called them on 1/9/2010, the sales guy (very sleeky and sweet-talker) explained that I will get a well designed cusomized site. When I explained they type of site I wanted and all the features, after running up and down he said they wi do the job for $300 and that I will get exaclty and even more that I have asked for per the website features. They would deceive you and give you the impression that 'they move very fast' with getting your website up and runnig' but 2 days after signing on, the write hadnt called me. I called and called HIT but my my calls were not returned. The writer eventually wrote few lines as web content and I was in shock!!! Her writings were so unprofessional I began to have dobts but I shoved my doubts aside and continued but to cut the whole story short, I cancelled my account after I saw the first proto-type of my homepage. It was so aweful and a 3rd grader could do a better job. I called my credit card company and they have a hold on the $150 they deducted from my account. I have wirtten to BBB Utah and Attorney general of my state.
HIT is shabby and all out to get money without doing anything, very poor communications. Their employees are so non-challant you could hear in their voice that they are frstrated and really not into what they are doing.
Immediately, I signed up with yahoo business and within few days I put my website together and its up and running really fine.
DO NOT SIGN UP WITH HIT, THEY ARE DUBIOUS. SAVE YOURSELF TROUBLES AND HEARTACHES. WHAT ALL THE REVIEWRS HAVE WRITTEN IS VERY TRUE, I EXPERIENCED MOST OF THE THINGS OTHERS COMPLAINED ABOUT. BBB UTAH IS CURRENTLY WORKING ON MY COMPLAINTS AGAINST THEM.

DO NOT SAY YOU WERE NOT WARNED. IF YOU HAVE NOT GONE REALLY DEEP WITH THEM, CANCEL YOUR CONTRACT AND MOVE ON, WRITE TO BBB UTAH AND YOUR STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL AND LODGE A COMPLAINT.

Gb

Comments

• Ms
      9th of Mar, 2010

CEO and/or QCA does not go to the CEO though... i dont think it has for years. Why does HIT lie to clients about this simple matter? People should understand they are dealing with a fairly large company and its like asking to reach the CEO of any other large company, its normally not going to happen, why then does HIT lead clients into thinking these get read by the CEO when they actually do not..

HIT is scared of smart people who know their own Terms of Service, use it against them.. Follow through with BBB complaints (as those actually still do at times go to Mark Strong who is a original member of the mortgage company in which HIT started as, who is a good guy and makes smart decisions. A lot of the managers before his level however are money hungry, and generally do not actually care, due to not having enough time to care for each account/case presented to them.

If they can present a lot of work done on your account, that is proof enough that services have been rendered, and they can stick it to you pretty good regarding a refund, or lack thereof. Also, if you do a credit card dispute, this freezes up any refund that may have been coming to you, if you do not agree with their refund and just decide to do a dispute, you may end up getting NOTHING at all, especially with VISA and MASTERCARD as the company has to fully dispute the charges, they cannot allow a partial dispute with these two issuers.

Again, if the company has done work... they are entitled to some (if not a good large portion) of your money. HIT does not profit off the initial sale, or the website design itself, they normally make money off the monthly hosting (that is why you are REQUIRED to may 12 months of hosting in order to actually own your website rights) This is one thing HIT will never let down, hardly ever will they waive this, if you want to cancel and move the site, you best be paid up (you dont have to stay with HIT for a calendar year, but you do have to pay for the year to get the site files released)

i have been a client/customer of HIT for about 4 years, and have spoke with many people and asked a lot of small probing questions to get this type of info, there are ups and downs with this company, or any really for that matter. Read the Terms and know what you are getting into (you should do this with anything you sign, or click "Accept" on... I've seen people not read their car loan agreements, mortages, ect, and it kicks them in the butt later down the line, and for some reason you get mad at the company dont you, when it is your own fault)

HIT, in my opinion, has done downhill a lot in the past year. I know there have been HUGE pay cuts for some departments, and also on top of that, a company wide paycut of 15%. For some working in those higher positions, they really got screwed, as they've normally been with the company for a longer period of time and made more due to yearly raises, ect.

I've been told that refunds are taking longer on accounts, longer than ever. Years ago, when I purchased a FLASH BANNER after I bought my website, I decided I did not want it at the time, I got a refund (IN FULL) within 10 days, no work was done, I canceled a few days after I purchased it, and it was not much of a problem to cancel this. Of course they tried to get me to keep it, or to credit this towards hosting or something else in the future, i declined, and went through the refund process, got my money back... now, if I try to get a refund for anything, or cancel something, it takes FOREVER, months I have been waiting. I've been told in in a round about way, that they are hard for money, which goes back to the employee paycuts, ect.

I've dug deeper about this refund process stuff, speaking with Accounting, Cancellation/Retention Dept, Managers, ect. From what I gather, its true...they are pushing for sales, and accounting says if they do not hit a certain sales goal for the day, they cannot refund anything at all, so all those refunds in line just get pushed back...further and further, which is why it is taking months...even just to get a refund of a few bucks for hosting.

I am still a client with HIT, as I mentioned it has been about 4 years. It has become worse, and I probably will cancel soon as I dont need the updating as much anymore, and some I can do myself now (that is why I stayed with HIT, was the Updates Time, and ability to add on additional items, pages, ect)

I am paid well over the 12 months, so I can take my site anytime, but I've stayed.. because it was not that bad, but i've had my issues/problems. Again, if you're new to HIT Web Design, get to know the Terms of Service, most of their stuff goes through without problems, sometimes things do take a while, but again...for what you are paying, you're not going to get TOP PRIORITY SERVICE, if you're dumb and don't know how much a private designer costs to do all your creations, updating, ect, its a LOT, and I mean a lot more than HIT charges. So you get a cheap price, but it does take longer... sometimes, a lot longer.

Know what you're getting into.

Best,

MS

• Hi
      2nd of Apr, 2010

I payed 200 dollars to have flash buttons put on my site. After a month of going back and forth with customer service they told me it was already completed when the work never started. They said when you hover over the buttons they flash green and I told them thats been doing that for 4 months. They wont refund me they said they just did that even though the technician says he didn't do anything. Heritage Web Solutions now known as hit wont help me. I have sent tons of emails to all their complaint departments they will most likely post after I post this saying contact there 800 number and or email them at customerservice@hitwebdesign.com or qca@hitwebdesign.com or ceo@hitwebdesign.com Trust me you have to send tons of emails to those three emails to get a response. I have called them so many times for help and they wouldn't help me. They are now riping me off saying the work is done. HIT web design stay away. There customer service wont help. All the like to do is sell there service and make you wait months to do anything even though they have the resources. They will tell you after you sign up they have know SLA that's service level agreement. My site was supposed to cost 2999 it's now cost 2000 and still not done. This company will rip you off. HIT Web design should put and S in front of HIT. This company is also Mormon Owned. Their articles of faith state be honest in your dealings with your fellow man. I thought when i signed up with them they were honest. They just sell empty and very late results. I have emailed all of them 800 plus times since the start of my site and its still not done. HIT web design when you read this, this is no new news for you grow up and be honest will your customers tell them we will finish your site when its conversant for us. Also the designers will only email when the site is done so your site will never look the way you want it unless you call and email hundreds of times. Come on give me an AMEN on this report. Just google search HIT for reviews I am telling the truth as God is my witness and I am LDS also. These are just bad mormons.

• Mi
      4th of May, 2010
    Heritage Web Solutions Provo Utah - Stole my Money
    HERITAGE WEB SOLUTIONS
    UTAH PROVO
    California

HitWebDesign is their previouse name about a year ago when ripped me off... Check out on complaints on that compnay... watch out...

16th of Aug, 2010

Totally agree! Love the comment about putting an S in front of HIT. Couldn't have said it better myself.

• Fi
      2nd of Sep, 2010

The above replyer is dumb for not leaving if theres proof of deception after 4 years and even says that things are taking longer, etc

I'd get out

ANYWAY

Brandon called me last year 13 times to try to do a website and graphics for a friend

13 times

what person let alone a company calls 13 times for a sale?

that smells to me like harassment

Anyway he's supposedly the webguy for this punk

whose got a shady past himself

you sleep with dogs