Heritage Warranty / non payment of pre approved repair

1 400 Metro Place NDublin, OH, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800 753-5236

After pre approving repairs the company said I had to pay the dealer up front, submit a claim and they would reimburse me for $427.95. I filed the claim in March, 2008. After no response I sent a letter to the claims office, and another a month later. I received a letter saying the claim was in the system waiting for the carrier to clear it for payment. I called them and asked for a way to speak to the carrier to clear up any problems. They would not give me a phone number or any information. All research shows that Heritage Warranty moved from Lincoln, Nebraska to Dublin, Ohio. There is no way for me to speak to anyone about what it takes to clear the claim for payment.

Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

• Vw
      22nd of Feb, 2010

I also have on on going run a round with Heritage. We bought a warranty it 2001 on our new motorhome for a 7 year period. The contract stated, and one of the reasons I bought it, that if no claims were made during the warranty period the purchase amount would be refunded. In our case that is $2995.00. I filed the proper paperwork in Jan 2009 and the date for the refund keeps getting put of into the future. It has now been more than a year. The latest date they posted for my refund is Sept 2011. That is TWO AND A HALF YEARS after I should have gotten the refund. I am still working on getting a refund from them and will not give up. If anyone has any ideas on what to do I will take all the advice you can give. I think we should all drive our motorhomes to their offices and block 'em in till they pay. To me what they are doing and how they operate is worse than a robbery and deserves jail time.

VWY from Kansas

30th of Jan, 2010
    Heritage Warranty - Non pay approved work
    Oswego,N.Y.
    New York

Ihad work approved in 11/2008 and was told i had to pay and be reimbersed which had never happened before. I was not very happy but did it because my car needed fixing, i was told i would get my check with in 6 weeks. After 3 months i continually called like everyone else to be told the same lies. Igot no where with the attorney general as well (what a joke) today 1/30/2010 i received a check im very surprised i had given up 14 months later, so i wanted to tell everyone i guess dont give up there is hope, good luck to all of you.

• Ra
      25th of Jan, 2010

We have 2 repair bills totaling over $2200.00 submitted june of 2009. I just checked the Heritage waranty web site and it said estimated payment was 8/31/2011. How's that for quick service. We waited over a year for one bill to be paid for 950.00 and it was all preapproved, but what they sent was 250.00. Is there a class action suit out there? Is there an attorney willing to take one on? Do you know that heritage can still sell policies in the state of Washington? What's up with that! Most of us buy policies so we don't have to worry if something happens. So we paid 6000.00 for a worthless piece of crap, and still have to shell out. I wish we had left our motorhome at the dealer until heritage paid the bill. If there is a next time, We will do just that. I wish everyone good luck and I am sorry that there are so many in the same boat. Keep paddeling.

Cheryl Hammer

• Ra
      25th of Jan, 2010

This is hopeless! We have one claim for 1723.72 and one for 451.58. I just checked the Heritage site and it says estimated pament date is 8/31/2011. This work was done in June of 2009. I also found out that they started having problems in 2004 and I am really pissed at the dealer (Roy R0binson's) for selling us the waranty. I fully intend to follow this through. FYI Heritage is still selling contracts in some states including Washington. Not all states have taken action, so be careful what you buy.

Sincerely
    Cheryl Hammer

• Rs
      25th of Oct, 2009

Have the same problem with repair work for my RV. If you go to HERITAGEWARRANTY.COM it will explain the why and wherefor's. One can only hope that the company administering the Heritage contracts will receive funds to pay off any repairwork approved by them.

• Vi
      20th of Oct, 2009

i was approved for payment on a rv claim in may. i also had to pay upfront and was told by the dealer that herritage would send me a ck. so for i've seen nothing. this policy was through rv sheild. i'm not very happy. vicki gustafson

• Re
      4th of Sep, 2009

I took my v echicle to lexus of Fife/Tacoma, Washington and was approved for repairs. Third party did not release information about heritage - Yes, my vehicle remains at the dealership after 3 weeks because I refuesed to use my credit card for payment. Thanks to the state insurasnce dept. The agencyprovided me good information about Heritage. Some one need to stop the third party company from approving and getting people into problem. I can survive not listening to radio - Now I'm stuck with about $2000.00 to pay before my car is released. This needs to stop. I hope law enforcement will shut the company down.

22nd of Aug, 2009

I purchased an $1864 service warranty contract with Heritage when I bought a used Odyssey in 2003. The contract stated that the purchase price would be refunded less any warranty costs paid out after six years. I carefully, deliberately prepared the data package, submitted it on time using certified mail, worked through discrepancies in the data package, again via certified mail, and proceeded to encounter the same balderdash you've read about several times over. I contacted the Ohio Attorney General based on recommendations made above (Richard Cordray) who conducted research, attempted unsuccessfully to contact the maligned company, and responded to my claim 7/23/09 with "I have received no communication from them. It does not appear that they plan to respond or participate in our dispute resolution process. Therefore, if you wish to purse this matter further, you will need to consider filing a private action." "If you wish to pursue the matter further, you may have the option of filing in Small Claims Court." The statue of limitations is two years. I will attempt to contact Ms. Pagent as suggested above next. If only we could file a class action suit - surely there are enough people on the "screwed" list to provide a lawyer a nice settlement. The suit should name Heritage and, as an accomplice, Administrative Services.
    Marc Stewart, Bainbridge Island, WA
    mstewart@sounddsl.com

• Sc
      27th of Jul, 2009

I am in the same boat... owed over $800 for work done in April. They used to pay the shop directly by credit card, but stopped that practice, apparently, and are making us pay out of pocket. I called the OH Attorney General's office today, and spoke with a woman there (Susan) who is EXTREMELY familiar with Heritage, and has received many complaints about them. I'll be getting my packet in the mail in the next week to file my formal complaint. She said that they do have a pretty good success rate in getting the claims paid. The OH Attorney General office phone is 800.828.0515. Every time I have called Heritage, I get nowhere, and told that they have no way of contacting the "paying office". I will be sending them a certified letter tomorrow stating that I have turned them into the BBB and the Attorney General's office. We'll see if that gets me anywhere... my guess is no.

23rd of Jun, 2009

Heritage, Administrative Services, Dimension Services, NASC are all the "same" company, Differnet phone numbers but all in the same office. When they say they are waiting for payment from the "carrier', they mean they are waiting for them to pay it. They are all owned by thew same guy. Hatham ELZAYN, there is also a CEO listed as a female with a different last name, but after further research on some documents she has the same last name [censored]ham, probably using her madam name.

I even found there home address and number. I have been calling but no one will answer! They have a VERY nice house, on a golf course fairway in an upscale neighborhood.

If Hatham somehow reads this i would like him to give me a call.

623-261-3070

Jason
    Phoenix, AZ

P.S. They did not take advantage of me they took advantage of my disabled and unable to work FATHER!!!

• Pa
      12th of Jun, 2009

Sorry to see so many people going through the same thing.We are transmission repair shop that did repiars to a vehicle and Heritage approved 1217.87 on 4-16-08 .Now its been 14 months, I dont think were going to get paid.If there is only some way to stop this company from the sale of boguss warranties to consumers, making the owner of vehicle and the people that work on them to flip the bill.For every one person on this list thier is probabley 500 more.They just need to be STOPPED.

9th of Jun, 2009

Well ditto to what everyone else has said. My claim is for $559.92 and it was filed in February 2009. I am getting the exact same run around everyone else is. I filed a complaint with the BBBin Ohio and will keep everyone posted on that front as well as I have called and ledt messages for Sahara and Kenneth. Keeping my fingers crossed I at least get my claim, but think I want the whole policy refunded as it is not a valid policy. I think everyone should ask for their money back and shut them down from doing further business - EVER!

• Cl
      13th of May, 2009

Well we all know why we are here, 885.70 is the amount of my claim, spoke attorney general's office in ohio, and 1-803-737-6266 Kenneth Worthy, don't know what is going to happen yet, but i hope i get my money back, so my repairman can get paid, i can't believe this is happening to everyone, just stinks, i wish they would have sent out letters at least, but then again i am sure they don't have a check cut for mailing supplies. ah the joys of life, hey if could be though! i will update if i get anywhere! CLS IN NJ

9th of Apr, 2009

On Nov 19, 2008 we received authorization for repair work. The authorization number is LO830888 in the amount of $87 1.98. As of this date, April 9, 2009, the claim remains unpaid. Heritage Warranty located in Lincoln, NE has an unlisted phone number. Professional information for said company lists Peter A. Knolla as Legal Counsel.

We will be checking this site to see if there is joint legal action taken.

Janet Oster.

• Ke
      25th of Nov, 2008

I received my check of $1700.00 from Heritage. It was first filed 2 months ago (9/4/08).
    My contact person in SC is: Darryl Vanderhorst at 803-737-6266 and Sara Pagent 803-737-6268 and 803-737-6160. Give them your contract number and any other info. These are direct numbers to their offices and quickly answered and returned my calls. They may not have been directly involved with my recovery of my refund but they are on the case with Heritage.
    HERITAGE IS PAYING THE REFUNDS! Very slowly but still paying is better than nothing.

25th of Nov, 2008

I received a check today for the amount owed. Been waiting since July. I am going to try and find out about the remaining time on my warranty. No expecting much.

• Ke
      24th of Oct, 2008

Thanks for the info. I will file next week. I have been waiting for over 2 months now. Thanks Gerald and to all.

23rd of Oct, 2008

Well thats good to hear they are reimbursing. I did talk to Mrs. Pagent's office and forwarded all our information so we'll wait and see what happens.

• Ge
      22nd of Oct, 2008

I did get a check for my claim last week. Call the number that I posted for the S.C. Insurance Comission and talk to Mrs. Pagent if you still havent been reimbursed. If you don't pressure them you won't get paid

E-Mail me and I'll try to help
    Gerald Dalkiewicz
    gdalkiewicz@yahoo.com

15th of Oct, 2008

I just spoke to an attorney in Arizona and he informed me that Heritage has said they are starting to pay claims starting with the oldest first. I don't believe anything Heritage says but I'm keeping my fingers crossed to see if they are actually telling the truth this time.