Heritage Warranty / non payment of pre approved repair

1 400 Metro Place NDublin, OH, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800 753-5236

After pre approving repairs the company said I had to pay the dealer up front, submit a claim and they would reimburse me for $427.95. I filed the claim in March, 2008. After no response I sent a letter to the claims office, and another a month later. I received a letter saying the claim was in the system waiting for the carrier to clear it for payment. I called them and asked for a way to speak to the carrier to clear up any problems. They would not give me a phone number or any information. All research shows that Heritage Warranty moved from Lincoln, Nebraska to Dublin, Ohio. There is no way for me to speak to anyone about what it takes to clear the claim for payment.

Comments

• Cl
      16th of Jul, 2008

HERITAGE WAS BOUGHT OUT BY CAR CARE LLC IN DUBLIN

• Er
      17th of Jul, 2008

I had the EXACT SAME ISSUE!!! Actually I still have the same issue. I filed for reimbursement for over $1400 back on April 23 which is when the claim was submitted to Heritage and here it is July 17th and I have nothing but Administrative Services (heritage's 3rd party answering service) telling me that all they can say is they received the claim, everything is complete, they are waiting on the payment from Heritage, and don't ask them for any info or phone numbers because they don't know.

This is soooooooooooo frustrating!!!

• Da
      18th of Jul, 2008

I have the same complaint, we are a trans. business. We did a job for a customer on 4/29/08. admin. Services says Hertiage has all the paper work & is waiting for word to pay. They also don't know the phone # so we can call Hertiage. So we are holding our hands on 1780.00 for over 12 weeks.

• El
      21st of Jul, 2008

This will serve as an update to my original message, I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and it has been accepted by their Kansas office and a letter sent to "Extreme Warranty" regarding heritage warranty. I don't know why, but they have until the 27th to reply. I suggest anyone with this problem file a claim.

Here is the info they sent to me:
    The complaint was received by the BBB on July 16, 2008 and has been assigned case# 99224053 in our files. Please make a note of this number.

Your complaint has been applied to the following business:
    Extreme Warranty
    5330 College Blvd
    Leawood, KS 66211

• Li
      28th of Jul, 2008

We are having the same problem. Submitted claim in February 2008. Work was pre-approved. The first time I called, the third-party administrator apologized and said they would expedite payment. When I called again today, I was read a script! It was the same information posted above. "We don't know when you'll be paid, we have no control over it, we don't have any contact information for Heritage." This is obviously a wide spread problem if the TPA had to give a script to its telephone operators. We are out $530.

28th of Jul, 2008

We are having same problem, we had work that was approved by Heritage's inspector, done in april and after the work was completed, and we paid our 100$ deductlibe, Heritage is not paying their part of the bill. Heritage (National Administrative Services is their 3rd party answering service) just keeps telling us that the repair has been approved to be paid, but the check has not yet been written.. it has been nearly 12 weeks, and now we are being sued by the company whom did the vehicle repairs. If we pay this bill, we will be out 1200.00, of we do not, it will go on our credit history.. HERITAGE SUCKS!!!

• Ro
      28th of Jul, 2008

We have been waiting for payment on claims since February, they owe over $5000.00, anyone have any contact info other than Doug, the claims admin guy that seems to always answer the phone??

• Ph
      30th of Jul, 2008

Another situation with no luck getting reimbursement. We had our vehicle repaired and are waiting for a check for $345. and they only say they are a third party administrator and have no phone number available. They say they can't give any information and claim they need to release the call and then hang up.

• St
      5th of Aug, 2008

Ditto. In the past, my claims were paid by Heritage with a credit card directly to the garage on the date of repairs. No problem. Now they tell me (after the work has been approved and completed) that I'll have to pay the repairs myself and wait for reimbursement. A month later, the "third party administrator" says the claim has been submitted and I will have to wait for payment. They can give no indication of how long it will take to complete the process. After reading other replies to this thread and other online content, I now have no confidence that I will get payment at all.

• Cr
      12th of Aug, 2008

I am having the same issue with my transmission. I am now out 5000.00 dollars and the 3rd party answering service is the only ones who will talk to me. They will not give me any information expcept that they are waiting for payment. How can I speak to anyone about getting this done? I think they are a fraud company and I am looking into a law suit... who wants to join?

• Me
      13th of Aug, 2008

We too are having the same problem and the same response. Or shop did work on vehicles and got all the proper authorizations. The 3rd party service gives me the same line. Unfortunately for the customer we are no longer going to take Heritage claims on. They will have to pay up front. :( We too had always been able to get teh money the same day by credit card, but I was informed that the 3rd party used to handle that. On Feb 11, 2008 Heritage decided to take over that and cut their own checks. As far as I can tell, they have not cut a single check.

• Br
      14th of Aug, 2008

July 2008

Seizer of Heritage Warranty Risk Retention Group Inc

The South Carolina Department of Insurance is seizing the assets of Heritage Warranty Risk Retention Group Inc., a national insurer of independent vehicle service contracts.

In a suit filed against Heritage, South Carolina Insurance Director Scott Richardson asked a state court to shut down the company's operations and turn over its property to the Insurance Department. Heritage has offices in Charleston, S.C., and Dublin, Ohio.

A lawyer for Heritage did not respond to a request for comment late last week.

• Sh
      15th of Aug, 2008

I have an approved claim over two months old. My car is now in a transmission shop awaiting approval. They would not approve repair at the dealership. I plan to complain to the Insurance commissioner.

• El
      16th of Aug, 2008

I have filed a complaint with my state department of insurance and they forwarded it to the attorney general's office. If south carolina has siezed their assets perhaps they will coordinate with other states. wouldn't hurt to file with your state department of insurance just in case they deal with this in a class action or decide to partial out the assets to those they owe.

• Ro
      16th of Aug, 2008

Same problem as everyone else! We had repairs done seven months ago and are still waiting to recieve payment! I have called this so-called third party answering service, have spoken to the same 5 or 6 people that always answer the phone and have been given the same story over and over again. And surprise, they don't have a phone number or email address or any contact information for Heritage. But somehow, they are able to field all of these phone calls for them???? I've been read the "script" several times, have spoken to so-called "supervisors" and have been told over and over again that they have no other information for me other than that they are waiting for payment to be released from Heritage. I was originally told that we would be put on a list that will go to "Ken Hillard" (who I am unable to talk to myself, or so I'm told) in order to make the process go more quickly (after seven months). However, when I talked to "Paul" who claimed to be a supervisor of some kind (and was extremely rude and unproffessional) he said there was no such list, he didn't know what I was talking about and why anyone would have told me that (I was told that on 6 different occasions). Well the people he "supervises" are the ones who told me about this list that supposedly exists, so I guess that would be something he should look into. Anyhow, after I pressed him for more information and then asked to speak to his supervisor since he couldn't tell me anything, he told me that he was not going to "allow me to tie up his line" and that he was going to "release" the call. We've called the dealership and they are trying to help us, but have not had any more luck than us. They also said that they used to pay up front with a credit card, but are now "cutting checks." I am certain we won't be getting our money anytime soon, but hope that something will be done about this. It is totally unfair and just not right.

18th of Aug, 2008

I am in the same boat. The repair facility, the dealership that sold me the warranty and I have been calling over and over again since April and we are getting the EXACT same thing everyone else is. Can someone please tell me how a 3rd party can do business for/with a company that they have no contact information for?!?!?!?! I have even spoken to the same people, "Ashley" had the biggest attitude. "Paul" was the only person who gave me any info to attempt to go on and that was that Heritage is in South Carolina now. Of course that helped me find the seizure article and usarisk.com but I am not sure that anyone will be able to help there, of course no one answers! The dealership that sold me the warranty spoke with someone and they said that South Carolina seized all warranty/insurance info to do an audit because some doctors office was committing some kind of fraud, supposedly this will take about 2 months...so when did the seizure actually happen???? I have no answers here and I have paid the repair facility, I am currently out $207. Submitting a complaint to BBB.org and seriously wondering if our smaller repair is worth all of this hassle!!

• Li
      18th of Aug, 2008

Same as all above. Had "approved" driveshaft work done in Feb 2008, then another repair done in May. Still no payment and called almost a half dozen times to no avail... Total pending is about $1200... Funny thing is, the shop (did both repairs) dealt with Heritage in the past and said they were always a good company... He knew the program--get the repair approved, pay up front and payment to me should only take 6-8 weeks... He was surprised it's been taking so long... From what i've been reading, my suspicions have been making sense---they're prolly going belly up and we're all screwed... I'm going to contact the Illinois attorney General's office...

• Ju
      26th of Aug, 2008

I did some research and got some results by contacting S.C. Divsion of Insurance. I was instructed to contact and speak with Mike Gibbons, Atty at 480-948-4351 in AZ. I was instructed to provide copies of documents necessary to assist in getting my money back. After contacting him I felt pleased that my claim is being noticed and will eventually get our money back!!!

• Bo
      29th of Aug, 2008

It sounds like we have all had the same experience.
    I had a repair approved by Heritage in March and I a still waiting for my check. The people at the 1-800 are rude and not helpful at all. Apparently Heritage has been sold or is being investigated. The person I bought the policy from no longer sells them and can't do anything to help me. Can we all join a class action or something to get our money? This is a terrible situation. I am very frustrated and out $306.00!

• Ju
      2nd of Sep, 2008

I want to sew these people. I paid $875.00 for repairs because I was told by Heritage that they would reimburse me by check, which I thought was odd from the beginning. It just doesn't make any sense. My claim, per 3rd party scammer, said was received 15 May 2008...It is now 2 September 2008 and guess what?; no payment. I call periodically to check if payment has been sent out but nothing!. I just called today and the answering service is not putting me thru to anyone I can speak with. It seems to me that I am out of luck anyway, judging from all i've read here. Sorry about all your problems pertaining to this sad scam. I am in the process of speaking to my Brother who is a lawyer specializing in Corporate Law. He states that there may be some run around but that they would be able to at least put Heritage out of business if enough people speak out. I invite you all to please send me a email to maganajam@yahoo.com. I will send any info to you as I find out what WE can do.

Sincerely,