Heritage Hotel New York City / Charged Twice

1 United States

My husband & I went to New York & stayed for 3 nights at Heritage Hotel. 11th, 12th & 13th April.

Unfortunately we gave our Credit card details and money for our stay was taken from our card on the 9th of April.

When we checked in on the 11th, we were not TOLD that the money had already been taken. We were told that since they had our card details money would be taken off from the card.

We asked if we could pay in cash instead. It was agreed and we paid the total amount in cash in $.

Today I got the bank statement which showed Money taken off and then refunded on the card.

We have lost £55.00 in the transaction unnecessarily, because they took the money twice and refunded the amount late.

I called the hotel and the girl just talked saying that it all happens electronically. It is not in their hands.

I am sorry I booked with Booking.com where my credit card number was taken and money taken off. AND we paid in local currency AGAIN.

For our next visit to Switzerland in July, or for any of our future holidays, I will not be using BOOKING.COM

• Updated by Dinoo Medhora, May 04, 2017

For our next visit abroad in July, or for any of our future holidays, I will not be using BOOKING.COM

Di