HerbaLife / not helpful, disappointment

In 2007, after I lost my job, I saw an ad online to open my own business. Well, I sent my$9.95 & got a dvd, 2 days later I got a call from my mentor. I tod him I was interested in starting my own business. Do you know he had my debit card number on file but he wasn't able to charge the $2, 300.00 until I called my bank to raise the debit limit. I got all these boxes, I had to buy my own flyers, make business cards & this was in july and I live in florida. I had to go to parking losts & give out flyers, put them on car windshields & all those conference calls two days a week. I uses to hear speakers who made a ton of money by bringing in people to "the business" who could've knocked my over with a feather. I felt so stupid. I still have alot of the products in my home that I can't sell. I got now help whatsoever & it left a bad taste in my mouth. Don't put any faith in having your own business with herbalife.

HerbaLife

Ms

Comments

• Te
      2nd of Jul, 2010

When I started with Herbalife over 10 years ago, I started USING the products myself. I knew how to use them, and could demonstrate the results on myself and my 1st wife.

It's the wrong approach your "mentor" took with you to have you start an Herbalife business cold.

NOBODY should ever buy thousands of dollars of product up front, because your ability to return the product has severe limitations as a signed distributor. (A customer, it's no questions asked.)

The true way...wear the buttons, use the product, and engage people directly. You get one person on it...when I did it often I'd get their relatives doing it too. That's the old school, get-rich-slow way, I know, but that's how it truly works.

• Ba
      21st of Jul, 2010

Ms Val, I am an Independent Herbalife Distributor and can see that your mentor did not help you at all. There are many ways of advertising your business and I would suggest you attend any and all meetings in your area - this is the only way you are going to learn the business. I also had a mentor that did little or nothing for me but I attended as many meetings as I could afford at the time and learnt from others how to work the business. It does take WORK. It is NOT a get-rich-quick scheme. You need three ways of advertising your business (wear the button, pull tags, flyers, newspaper ads, online ads - heavens, you can even use Facebook!!). Stick to whichever method you choose for 90 days and you will see your business start growing. Repeat the process for another 90 days and it will grow exponentially. To you TexasPatriot - congratulations!! I just love my Herbalife business :)