Herbal Minds / Unauthorized billing!

I, same as everyone that's posted a note, got a charge of $164.83 (from Herbal Mind [protected]) on my MasterCard in February. The lady I spoke with said the same thing- computer error and I would be credited the full amount.

I brought up another charge from Wallace Herbals [protected] that was made back in December for the same amount. My fault, I thought it was something my co-signer had purchased and didn't bother to ask him until I got the charge from Herbal Mind. Of course, my co-signer did not make any charges at all. Apparently the lady I spoke with said Wallace Herbals went out of business.The thing that was really suspicious is she answered the phone, "Hello." I asked her if this was a legitimate business and she said, "Yes."

Did anyone ever get a refund?

After reading everyone's postings, both seem to be fraud charges and I'm going to investigate how to handle this issue further.

Va

Comments

• Va
      3rd of Apr, 2008

"Apparently the lady I spoke with said Wallace Herbals went out of business."
    How does she know, if they are a different business?
    And why is their website still up, in April 2008?
    And according to their BBB reports, one is at "597B" and the other at "579B" Raritan Road. Different addresses? Or just a typo and they are really the same address, and the same people.
    The first company charges you "by mistake", and then "goes out of business" (although they keep their website going), and then the second company also charges you "by mistake"?

"Phone (647) 477-2875

Address: 597B Ratian Road #103
    Website: wallaceherbals.com
    File Open Date: February 2008
    TOB Classification: Vitamins & Food Supplements
    BBB Accreditation: This organization is not a BBB Accredited business.

Customer Experience
    Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the BBB due to failure to respond to a complaint.
    When considering complaint information, please take into account the company's size and volume of transactions, and understand that the nature of complaints and a firm's responses to them are often more important than the number of complaints.

The BBB processed a total of 1 complaint about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total of 1 complaint closed in 36 months, 1 was closed in the last year.
    Billing or Collection Issues
    1 - Company failed to respond to the BBB to resolve or address the complaint issues.

As for Herbal Mind, here's their BBB report:
    Herbal Mind Fulfilment Center
    Phone: (888) 695-6649
    Address: 579B Raritan Road
    File Open Date: September 2007
    TOB Classification: Not Elsewhere Classified
    BBB Accreditation: This organization is not a BBB Accredited business.

Customer Experience

Billing or Collection Issues

Scammers often keep changing names, or buy and sell account information if they are putting thru fraudulent charges.
    How convenient. That way they don't have to give your money back.
    Immediately dispute all fraudulent charges thru your bank, and close that account to prevent future fraudulent charges. You might or might not get your bank to reverse the first charge, but they should reverse the recent one.
    File fraud complaints with FTC, your state Attorney General, and the New Jersey Attorney General. Also file a police report on the incidents.
    As soon as you have established sufficient credit to get a credit card without a co-signer, you should get one and close that account permanently.
    You are wide open to this type of fraud, and it has been increasing. In addition, it might save a friendship.

• Al
      17th of Apr, 2008
    Herbal Mind - fraudulent charge on credit card
    676 Louise
    Laval
    Qu├ębec
    Canada
    Phone: 4506659043

I received my mastercard account and got an unauthorize charge of $69.83 as i never deal with that company.

• Lo
      14th of May, 2008

Herbal charged my discover card without my authorization. Never even heard of this thing. Very disappointed with their tactics. I have disputed the charge with my discover card company. I will not pay it for I did not authorize it.