Hensim USA / Tierra Motorsports / Tremendously frustrated with the ATVs!

Almost two weeks before Christmas, my wife and I bought two Tierra Motor Sports (A.K.A.Hensim) ATV'S on-line at Family Go-Karts. We had them shipped a week before to ensure they would be operational on Christmas Day. When they arrived, both were missing certain parts like bolts for the wheels, parts for the handle bars, and fuel filters. I called family go-karts and they told me we needed to find the parts somewhere else because they couldn't ship me the parts before December 25th. They alleged that these models used the same parts as Honda ATV'S, but after a week of frantically searching, I found out this was not true.

The Honda dealers I spoke with didn't even know what a Tierra ATV was.

We only received the parts after dozens of phone calls and getting in touch with a parts distributor for either Hensim or Tierra Motor Sports? He told us that he was not allowed to deal with us directly, but would send the parts because of our situation. Finally, the parts came a week later (try explaining why Santa left broken ATV'S to a 9 and 4 year old boy), and while my boys were riding them, a wheel came off one, an oil cap off the other, a broken part, and at different times neither would start. It is now almost six weeks later and I can't find anyone that has the parts I need. It seems no one at Family Go-Karts, Tierra Motor Sports, Hensim, or any dealer who sells these ATV'S has the parts or will even return my calls for parts. I am tremendously frustrated and just do not want another family to have to go through the same mess I have been involved with for almost six weeks.

Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

• Re
      6th of Jun, 2013

Bought quad for the kids received quad, found that the battery was dead and could not be charged! Called family go karts and was told I had to send email to tech support, a week later I received and email back telling me the battery was not under warranty, but I could go ahead and go out and pick one up locally!! After spending more the $600 I can't even get a working battery?? We have 3 kids and had thought that if we liked the quad we would get one for all of them. We will probably still do that but the last place we will buy them from is family go karts!!

• Ko
      31st of Oct, 2010

I have a 2006 70cc Hensim. Recently, it will not start. I did all the typical items of new battery and new spark plug. When this did not fix the problem I did additional trouble shooting/research and have found that there is no spark and as well the machine will kill a brand new/fully charged battery in less than two hours without the key in the ignition or the sparkplug/coil cable attached (just sitting there with the battery terminals attached). Cannot find any external components that are hot from this. It seems this energy has to turn to heat somewhere.

I have sent an email to [protected]@hensimusa.com and [protected]@hensimusa.com over a week ago with no response or call back.

Is there anyone out there (dealer or other) that may know what the issue is or be able to help me find out the problem and get a replacement part?

My contact [protected]rmation is [protected]@fci.com or [protected]@epix.net or mobile number 717-877-5037.

I would appreciate any help possible.

Thanks,

Chris

• Ju
      30th of Apr, 2010

I am am an part time independent shop in Arizona, I repair and fix all brands that come to me, including these so called junk Chinese quads/bike's. I happened to be the lucky recipient of some one else' s ignorance.
    It was a very beautiful Hensim 250 sport quad that was the recipient of a few select words. including the classic as I have now learned to call it, "piece of Chinese crap".
    well when the guy finally calmed down, i gave him the bad news. He had left the shipping oil in the engine. people these things travel across the ocean; you can not SHIP HAZARDOUS materials across the ocean in a freight boat. they are filled with vegetable oil to protect the engine from salt corrosion.
    After the cussing and swearing had ended again and I had heard a few a Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, Can Am, Arctic cat, Polaris, Kawasaki, KTM wouldn't do that new.He decided it was a total loss and asked me if I would buy it from him for $100, I said okay I'll take it. He went to his truck and walked back with an extra coil and cdi unit for the bike, he told me he replaced them cause they seemed not to be working(they worked).
    I got the crank, piston, rings and cylinder for the engine to fix it costing me a whopping $180.00.
    reassembled the engine and filled the fluids with the correct type and viscosity and level. charged the battery up and proceeded to start it, it didn't, check all the wires and low and behold a loose wire, connected it and made sure it was tight along with the rest of the wires. went to start again and fired right off the bat. shut it down and proceeded to go through the bike excited as hell that I just got a brand new running bike for $280.00. I proceeded again to do the things I had learned over the years of working on motored cycles. loctite every important nut and bolt that I could, yes even the big name brands have bolts that come loose. made sure all the castle nuts had pins and took it out for a ride.
    to end this story I have had this quad for 2yrs 3 months now. I have had no failures/problems concerning this machine. I would have to say that any problems concerning Hensim would likely to be neglect or ignorance of the truth. ordering a quad/ bike/go kart at 2 weeks before Christmas and expect to be able to get help the second you want it = not smart in the first place; how many other people just did the same thing? and what kinda hell gets put on other people trying to do their job to satisfy all of their customers not just you. be smarter order it way ahead of time so you/they have the time to solve issues.
    I have a friend that works at a rather large Honda dealer, he told me those bikes can sit in the back for 2 weeks before the parts come in to fix them, THESE ARE BRAND NEW BIKES FROM THE FACTORY getting repaired. before you even get to see them on the sales floor. Do you really think your internet purchased machine got this process? No it did not, YOU HAVE BECOME THE DEALER!!, these come off the boat and head straight for your home. You have to do the dealer preparation, checking over the entire bike, that means you get to assemble and do the final finished inspection.
    Complaining about them breaking when you assemble it with out proper preparation is your fault, not the bikes, I suggest to you that the gentleman above also thought he was good at mechanical/electrical things.
    if you are unsure about assembling one of these and going through it properly I am sure their are independent shops that may assemble it for a charge.If not BUY FROM A RECOGNIZED DEALER.

• Sm
      14th of Feb, 2010

I HAVE A 70CC FOUR WHEELER FROM HENSIM THE QUAD START BUT THEN CUTS OUT I CANT FIGURE IT OUT ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS?

• Sc
      15th of Nov, 2009

Chinese made Hemsium is CRAP

• Ti
      26th of Jan, 2009

im saving up for a four wheeler and saw a hensim 721-1 (110cc) for 975 bucks. i was very interested especially because it compared to a polaris sportsman and yamaha grizzly better than i expected. im trying to do as much research as possible on a four wheeler so that i dont spend my money on junk. So if there is anyone who can tell me a little more on this (details and performance) than thank you and god bless you.

thanks mick

23rd of Jan, 2009

It sounds to me like all of you complaining didn't research your purchases. There's an old saying, you get what you pay for. Everyone I have spoken to suggests that you INSPECT the vehicle BEFORE you ride. You should do that anyway. Another point I would like to make is that people in this country have become so lazy that they expect someone else to do the work. I have a Hensim HS250CR motorcycle, sure bolts and screws were loose and the fluids weren't full, but I checked that out before even installing the battery. When I was done with the inspection the motorcycle ran like a dream. I still drive it as a commuter bike. I put 600 miles a week on it. I've had it for almost a year and besides a few maintenance issues, NO problems. All I really want to stress is CHECK, CHECK, CHECK. No one is going to do all the work for you. Quit being so lazy and quit complaining about something you could have prevented by looking things over. Come on, have the people in this country become so lazy that when something doesn't go their way they complain and sue? I am EMBARASSED to be called an American.

1st of Dec, 2008

SPELLING HENSIM IS A P.O.S NO MATTER HOW YOU SPELL IT
    AND THE PEOPLE THAT SELL HENSIM OR AKA HEMSIM OR P.O.S

• Mi
      23rd of Sep, 2008

Hello Im Mike From RidersWholesale.com We Are A Hemsim Distributor We Stock A Full Line Of Parts! And We Do Things THe Right Way. And Please Learn To Spell The Hemsim Name Right I Feel As If Your Going To Talk About A Product You Should At Least Know HOw To Spell The Name OF The Product Correctly!

• He
      17th of Aug, 2008

Thanks for the comments we were thinking of buying online for our 5 year old daughter and have since decided to look local craigslist etc. to find a used or local dealer thanks Heather

4th of Aug, 2008

i bought 2 150 hensim dirt bikes christmas 4 my 12 and 15 year old teen agers its there first bikes i hadnt rode a dirt bike since i was 12 now im 5ft 10'' 222 pounds we rode them hard twice before things started coming loose but with some tools an the hardware store for lost or striped nuts bolts washers we've kept them together the worst thing to strip out is the throttle piece on the grip both bikes stripped those out i almost forgot the spokes were loose on the wheels but for the price i paid ill get the wheels trued or tightened and i still could not have bought 1 name brand bike so if you got the money get something name brand if not be ready to wrench and look for parts.

• Dw
      4th of Jul, 2008

I purchased a 150 Motor Scooter from Countymotor Sports in california, and after getting it unboxed and some things installed I was ready to start it, but it wouldn't start, nothing no gas gage indication, no turnning lights, nothing the strter wouldn't do nothing, it just as though their was no battery in the Scooter. I called County Motor Sports and got an answering machine and was told to leave a message and they would call me back, but so far nothing from County Motor Sports, I sent e-mails to them and all I got back was that they had got my e-mails and would get back to me, which they never dids.

• Ji
      17th of Jun, 2008

I just purchased a 2006 Hensim 70cc 4 wheeler for my kid. The bike was well used and has been running great for my kid. I have needed to order new cosmetic parts but the motor is running great. My 2006 Polairs ATV has had more problems so far. With that said I'll wait to see if things change.

13th of Jun, 2008

LOCKTITE MY A!! HENSIM IS JUST A P.O.S AND JAMES SMALL HAS THE BALLS TO LIE FOR HENSIM .

WHAT COMES AROUND GOES AROUND

• Te
      12th of Jun, 2008

hi i`m repairing a tierra motor sports 90cc 4wheeler. it has no spark i suspect stator but have no valuses for componets
    the owner rported seeing smoke at the coil but again i fond no curent go to the coil help please! thanks

• St
      4th of Jun, 2008

We purchased 2 four wheelers for x-ams of 06 what a nightmare it has been no one wants to help when the crap they sell wont run. Never a returned call or e-mail. The should not be allowed to operate the way they do. The dealers have no desire to help you because they are busy hiding and will not come out and address the fact the product they sell is not worth a crap

• Ab
      7th of May, 2008

HI I HAVE BEEN FOUR WHEELERS AND BIKES FOR OVER 20 YEARS I HAVE SOLD HENSIM LINHAI AND TRIUMPH AND MOTOGUZZI MANY MANY MORE, NUMBER ONE RULE BUY FROM A DEALER WHO HAS BEEN IN FOR AT LEAST 10 YEARS, HERES WHY THEY WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU, I READ MOST THE POST THE TIRE FALLING OFF ARE THE INSTALLERS PROMBLEM YOU MUST USE LOCKTITE AND MAKE SURE THE COTTER PINS ARE IN THEM, AND YOU GO OVER THEM MONTHLY CHECKING THE EXHUAST BOLTS, MUST OF THE BRANDS OUT THERE WILL ALL HAVE PROMBLEMS SOME WORST THAN OTHERS SUNL THE MAIN ONE, WILL TELL YOU THE HENSIM DIRT BIKE ARE SOME OF THE TOUGHEST UNITS OUT THERE IF YOU NEED HELP CALL 601 582-0162 WE HAVE A FULL TIME SERVICE THREE TECKS THANKS AL

• Ga
      18th of Apr, 2008

last christmas i got 2 hensim 150 cc from atvdiscounters.com
    shiped to il. were i live they arived all banged up filed a claim through them and have heard nothing back i call and call and now it is april and now they say i must ship back to them the damaged bodys at my expence to get new parts. I like the atv's so far just had to go through them and tightin all bolts. I would never buy on line again i get no support from them had to do all the leg work my self. did find out the fuel shut of valve's are crap had to remove them to get the atv's to stop cutting out.

• Bl
      13th of Apr, 2008

STUPID PEOPLE!! HENSIM IS AWESOME! All you people who actually have the balls to sit here and complain about buying an ATV online that YOU didn't even put together correctly and knowingly buy an AFFRODABLE 1/3 the price of any Yamaha ATV and now that you didnt do anything or follow any rules stated by these companies and you wonder why you have problems. The reason there are not as many problems with Honda etc is because you paid 10 times more for the machine and you bought it from a dealer who worked out all the kinks before you got your hands on it. Very sad as even though an ATV can be considered the same as another you people are really stupid. You had no problem talking these dealers down in price and when you have a problem with a machine they made maybe 100.00 on and you expect supurb service. I own chinese atv's and they are jsut fine. Yes some have issues but most is because I ABUSE THE HELL OUT OF IT. I actually own a hensim atv and firmly believe if any problem is to come from it its from my own abuse. I love my Hensim and anyone reading this who is considering buying a Hensim, there is nothing to be afraid of. yea naturally there will be issues here and there and sadly the only people who write reviews are the whiners who think everyone esles experience is the same. NOT TRUE. I am sure Hensim sells 1000's of machines and to see this board with only a FEW comlaints is nothing new. Even YAMAHA has a 3% failure rate and thats REPORTED. You cheap consumers who probably SMOKE 2 PACKS A DAY and think they will not get cancer should get a life. dont ruin it for everyone else who will actually get a good deal. GO PAY 5000 FOR YOUR "YAMAHA" Ill stick with my 900.00 HENSIM and if it breaks I am buy 5 more over the years.

• Ke
      13th of Apr, 2008

Anybody have a 250cc utility ATV for parts? I need the front suspension and brakes and can get no response from Hensim or their dealers.