Hensim USA / Tierra Motorsports / Tremendously frustrated with the ATVs!

Almost two weeks before Christmas, my wife and I bought two Tierra Motor Sports (A.K.A.Hensim) ATV'S on-line at Family Go-Karts. We had them shipped a week before to ensure they would be operational on Christmas Day. When they arrived, both were missing certain parts like bolts for the wheels, parts for the handle bars, and fuel filters. I called family go-karts and they told me we needed to find the parts somewhere else because they couldn't ship me the parts before December 25th. They alleged that these models used the same parts as Honda ATV'S, but after a week of frantically searching, I found out this was not true.

The Honda dealers I spoke with didn't even know what a Tierra ATV was.

We only received the parts after dozens of phone calls and getting in touch with a parts distributor for either Hensim or Tierra Motor Sports? He told us that he was not allowed to deal with us directly, but would send the parts because of our situation. Finally, the parts came a week later (try explaining why Santa left broken ATV'S to a 9 and 4 year old boy), and while my boys were riding them, a wheel came off one, an oil cap off the other, a broken part, and at different times neither would start. It is now almost six weeks later and I can't find anyone that has the parts I need. It seems no one at Family Go-Karts, Tierra Motor Sports, Hensim, or any dealer who sells these ATV'S has the parts or will even return my calls for parts. I am tremendously frustrated and just do not want another family to have to go through the same mess I have been involved with for almost six weeks.

Comments

• Ry
      19th of Mar, 2008

I want to take back my comment from two months ago. these quads are JUNK since my last comment she chain has broken twice the wheel and front a arms have bent the transmission shoots oil out and some how the entire gas tank drained out through the carb and back to the air cleaner filling it up and dripping it out the little 2 in hole on top. these things are JUNK DONT EVER BUY ONE... if you want to go fast this isnt what you want... if you want to wheelie its possible but increadbly hard compared to a honda 400... and i almost forgot the engine is about to blow it blows smoke like you couldnt believe and its only been riden for 3 months with bi weekly oil changes... but im doing what my dad told me to do which is give it hell for a few more days then clean it up change the oil make it look nice and say give me a new motor when i take it in... what was stupid on the dealers part was he gave us a contract saying if anyhing blows up on the p.o.s. atv they will fix free of charge... SO HERE IT IS MY ADVICE IS DONT BUY HENSIM IF UR LOW ON MONEY BUY A USED HONDA SUZUKI POLARIS OR EVEN A KAWASUCKEEEE.

• Ca
      24th of Mar, 2008

I got my son Hensim 70cc this past X-mas from County imports if you plan on buying from these people be careful because from my experience they do NOT stand by there warranty like people say don’t buy online especially from County imports look for a local dealer. As for my experience with with Hensim products they are poorly put together if you buy one go over it with locklite if it looks like it could come lose it will.

25th of Mar, 2008

FRUSTATED WITH JESSE GONZALES THIS IS THE DEALER IN THE USA ALWAYS OUT OF TOWN CAN NOT CONTACT AND DO NOT CALL 559-255-7823 ALL YOU WILL GET IS BS! A RIP OFF JUST LIKE GARDENDALE MOTORSPORTS I CALL MY ATTORNEY AND GET A CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT FILED OTHER PEOPLE NEEDS TO CONTACT ME AT [email protected] AND SEE IF WE CAN STOP HENSIM FROM SELLING JUNK AND CALL YOUR IN STATE BBB.

• To
      5th of Apr, 2008

Call Hensim USA directly at 1(909) 548-0051 ask for Darren Mao. He is the person in charge there. They have all the parts in stock. If you cannot get thru to him, keep trying.

• De
      6th of Apr, 2008

I purchased four Tierra Motorsports 125 ATV (Hansom) two years ago at an auction house in Southern California. My intentions were to use two and the other two were going to be spare part machines. The two that I put together were intended for my 9 year old daughter (out grew her 90cc ATV) and myself to put around with her. Two years later, both of the units are still running. I have changed the oil frequently - not as often as I should, but still, it gets done. The other two are still in the boxes and just taking up room in my garage and will soon be up for sale on Craig's list or EBay.

I always bought the name brand's for myself, but not knowing if my daughter was going to stick with it, I was hesitant in dropping $2-$3k on one from the "big 4". We have 40 acres behind our house that is rolling hills and creek beds. This is where we broke them in. We have taken tem out to the desert several times where they only stop for fueling and they are back out on the trails. I have had to align the front end on one of them, but that is the most work that has been performed on both units.

I truly feel for those of you who paid your hard earned money on your kid's toys and believe that you have purchased a poor item. Some of you mention tires falling off, starters popping off, swing arms twisting and other problems. Maintenance is important on any vehicle. It is especially important for ATV and Motorcycle engines and chassis. This is true because the engines are almost always running at high RPMs and are under constant stress - more than your car or truck and the frames and chassis are being ridden on off road terrains that are seldom smooth. Engine oils break down and bolts naturally vibrate loose. Out of those of you who purchased your units online, did you know that the engine oil is only designed to be in the engine for shipping and that you should change that oil out prior to "breaking in" your engine?

You purchased the less expensive unit because that is what you can afford or that is all that you wanted to shell out for your kid's toy - which was my reason. Parts are available for your units, either straight through Hensim USA or through the dealer or online stores. Some are:
    Hensim USA's s URL is http://www.hensimusa.com/part/list_part

9th of Apr, 2008

DONT LIE FOR HENSIM HENSIM IS STILL A P.O.S!!!

• Ke
      13th of Apr, 2008

Anybody have a 250cc utility ATV for parts? I need the front suspension and brakes and can get no response from Hensim or their dealers.

• Bl
      13th of Apr, 2008

STUPID PEOPLE!! HENSIM IS AWESOME! All you people who actually have the balls to sit here and complain about buying an ATV online that YOU didn't even put together correctly and knowingly buy an AFFRODABLE 1/3 the price of any Yamaha ATV and now that you didnt do anything or follow any rules stated by these companies and you wonder why you have problems. The reason there are not as many problems with Honda etc is because you paid 10 times more for the machine and you bought it from a dealer who worked out all the kinks before you got your hands on it. Very sad as even though an ATV can be considered the same as another you people are really stupid. You had no problem talking these dealers down in price and when you have a problem with a machine they made maybe 100.00 on and you expect supurb service. I own chinese atv's and they are jsut fine. Yes some have issues but most is because I ABUSE THE HELL OUT OF IT. I actually own a hensim atv and firmly believe if any problem is to come from it its from my own abuse. I love my Hensim and anyone reading this who is considering buying a Hensim, there is nothing to be afraid of. yea naturally there will be issues here and there and sadly the only people who write reviews are the whiners who think everyone esles experience is the same. NOT TRUE. I am sure Hensim sells 1000's of machines and to see this board with only a FEW comlaints is nothing new. Even YAMAHA has a 3% failure rate and thats REPORTED. You cheap consumers who probably SMOKE 2 PACKS A DAY and think they will not get cancer should get a life. dont ruin it for everyone else who will actually get a good deal. GO PAY 5000 FOR YOUR "YAMAHA" Ill stick with my 900.00 HENSIM and if it breaks I am buy 5 more over the years.

• Ga
      18th of Apr, 2008

last christmas i got 2 hensim 150 cc from atvdiscounters.com
    shiped to il. were i live they arived all banged up filed a claim through them and have heard nothing back i call and call and now it is april and now they say i must ship back to them the damaged bodys at my expence to get new parts. I like the atv's so far just had to go through them and tightin all bolts. I would never buy on line again i get no support from them had to do all the leg work my self. did find out the fuel shut of valve's are crap had to remove them to get the atv's to stop cutting out.

• Ab
      7th of May, 2008

HI I HAVE BEEN FOUR WHEELERS AND BIKES FOR OVER 20 YEARS I HAVE SOLD HENSIM LINHAI AND TRIUMPH AND MOTOGUZZI MANY MANY MORE, NUMBER ONE RULE BUY FROM A DEALER WHO HAS BEEN IN FOR AT LEAST 10 YEARS, HERES WHY THEY WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU, I READ MOST THE POST THE TIRE FALLING OFF ARE THE INSTALLERS PROMBLEM YOU MUST USE LOCKTITE AND MAKE SURE THE COTTER PINS ARE IN THEM, AND YOU GO OVER THEM MONTHLY CHECKING THE EXHUAST BOLTS, MUST OF THE BRANDS OUT THERE WILL ALL HAVE PROMBLEMS SOME WORST THAN OTHERS SUNL THE MAIN ONE, WILL TELL YOU THE HENSIM DIRT BIKE ARE SOME OF THE TOUGHEST UNITS OUT THERE IF YOU NEED HELP CALL 601 582-0162 WE HAVE A FULL TIME SERVICE THREE TECKS THANKS AL

• St
      4th of Jun, 2008

We purchased 2 four wheelers for x-ams of 06 what a nightmare it has been no one wants to help when the crap they sell wont run. Never a returned call or e-mail. The should not be allowed to operate the way they do. The dealers have no desire to help you because they are busy hiding and will not come out and address the fact the product they sell is not worth a crap

• Te
      12th of Jun, 2008

hi i`m repairing a tierra motor sports 90cc 4wheeler. it has no spark i suspect stator but have no valuses for componets
    the owner rported seeing smoke at the coil but again i fond no curent go to the coil help please! thanks

13th of Jun, 2008

LOCKTITE MY A!! HENSIM IS JUST A P.O.S AND JAMES SMALL HAS THE BALLS TO LIE FOR HENSIM .

WHAT COMES AROUND GOES AROUND

• Ji
      17th of Jun, 2008

I just purchased a 2006 Hensim 70cc 4 wheeler for my kid. The bike was well used and has been running great for my kid. I have needed to order new cosmetic parts but the motor is running great. My 2006 Polairs ATV has had more problems so far. With that said I'll wait to see if things change.

• Dw
      4th of Jul, 2008

I purchased a 150 Motor Scooter from Countymotor Sports in california, and after getting it unboxed and some things installed I was ready to start it, but it wouldn't start, nothing no gas gage indication, no turnning lights, nothing the strter wouldn't do nothing, it just as though their was no battery in the Scooter. I called County Motor Sports and got an answering machine and was told to leave a message and they would call me back, but so far nothing from County Motor Sports, I sent e-mails to them and all I got back was that they had got my e-mails and would get back to me, which they never dids.

4th of Aug, 2008

i bought 2 150 hensim dirt bikes christmas 4 my 12 and 15 year old teen agers its there first bikes i hadnt rode a dirt bike since i was 12 now im 5ft 10'' 222 pounds we rode them hard twice before things started coming loose but with some tools an the hardware store for lost or striped nuts bolts washers we've kept them together the worst thing to strip out is the throttle piece on the grip both bikes stripped those out i almost forgot the spokes were loose on the wheels but for the price i paid ill get the wheels trued or tightened and i still could not have bought 1 name brand bike so if you got the money get something name brand if not be ready to wrench and look for parts.

• He
      17th of Aug, 2008

Thanks for the comments we were thinking of buying online for our 5 year old daughter and have since decided to look local craigslist etc. to find a used or local dealer thanks Heather

• Mi
      23rd of Sep, 2008

Hello Im Mike From RidersWholesale.com We Are A Hemsim Distributor We Stock A Full Line Of Parts! And We Do Things THe Right Way. And Please Learn To Spell The Hemsim Name Right I Feel As If Your Going To Talk About A Product You Should At Least Know HOw To Spell The Name OF The Product Correctly!

1st of Dec, 2008

SPELLING HENSIM IS A P.O.S NO MATTER HOW YOU SPELL IT
    AND THE PEOPLE THAT SELL HENSIM OR AKA HEMSIM OR P.O.S

23rd of Jan, 2009

It sounds to me like all of you complaining didn't research your purchases. There's an old saying, you get what you pay for. Everyone I have spoken to suggests that you INSPECT the vehicle BEFORE you ride. You should do that anyway. Another point I would like to make is that people in this country have become so lazy that they expect someone else to do the work. I have a Hensim HS250CR motorcycle, sure bolts and screws were loose and the fluids weren't full, but I checked that out before even installing the battery. When I was done with the inspection the motorcycle ran like a dream. I still drive it as a commuter bike. I put 600 miles a week on it. I've had it for almost a year and besides a few maintenance issues, NO problems. All I really want to stress is CHECK, CHECK, CHECK. No one is going to do all the work for you. Quit being so lazy and quit complaining about something you could have prevented by looking things over. Come on, have the people in this country become so lazy that when something doesn't go their way they complain and sue? I am EMBARASSED to be called an American.