HelpMeDownLoad / mastercard charge with dodgy caharges

1 New South Wales, Australia Review updated:

This company seems to have hijacked to attempts I made to download Avast antivirus software. I know have two charges on my mastercard account totallingAustralain $132.oo and no software.
Pursuing disputed transaction with bank. Avoid sights tring to mirror avast.com

Comments

• Ro
      18th of Jun, 2008
    HelpMeDownLoad - Never Ordered the servic
    7782 Barstow St
    Ventura
    Phone: (805)647-3441

Hello,
    My wife just asked me about a charge for $9.88 that has appeared on our charge card for the past 3 months to a company called HelpMeDownLoad.com. I have never received or ordered any services from this company. Reading your letters of complaint this seems to be a common occurance. I will contact the company and my credit company to report this scam.

If you have any knowledge of how I can get the money back that my wife has already, please let me know.

• Ji
      19th of Jun, 2008

I don't know how these people are getting away with this scam
    for so long. they got me for a few dollars, I was getting fed up
    complaining to the bank i finished up canceling my mastercard and re opening a new account.
    I do not know who these people are and I don't know where they
    are at one stage I thought they were in the U.K.
    then I thought they were in the U.S. I'm not sure what they do
    either, I'm quite sure I don't need their help to download any
    thing. to say the least I am very suspicious of this scam,
    very very suspicious. My only advice is to close your account
    and get a new credit card number. Only deal with reputable
    companies on line. Good luck to you. Jim

• Wi
      19th of Sep, 2008
    HelpMeDownLoad - unautherized visa charge

I did not give permission to you to charge to my visa. I would like to know where you got my number from.
    PLEASE DONOT CHARGE TO THAT NUMBER!

• Ca
      9th of Feb, 2009
    HelpMeDownLoad - Unauthorized debit harge
    Helpmedownload.om
    Fountain Valley
    California
    Phone: 7145893037
    helpmedownlaod.com

I did not authorize this harge. I did go on site to Frostfire.com and get a monthly membership which stated it cost $1.69 each month. Imagine my surprise when i went to pay a bill, and found no money in my account. I will be filing a complaint with the credit card co. but an not seem to reach a person at the customer service department at Helpmedownload. Are there any more steps I can take to get my money refunded?
    Please e-mail me @ candacegraham@yahoo.om or all me at the number on my complaint if you have any suggestions.
    Candace Graham

24th of Jun, 2009

Hello Paul,

I am a customer service representative of helpmedownload.com. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and for the confusion about your subscription that you made with Avast. I just want to inform you that we do support Avast and we have that on our website, www.freedownloadzone.com. What you have paid for are for the services that we provide. For the Technical Support which is 24/7 and for the unlimited downloads of the software that we have on our website.

If you have questions and clarifications about your subscription and regarding Avast, you can reach us through our Toll Free Number
    AU Phone Support 1-800-469-290

You can also send us an email to support@helpmedownload.com. Or you can take advantage our Web-Chat. Just go to www.onlinechat.helpmedownload.com.

Regards,
    Helpmedownload.com

24th of Jun, 2009

Hello Candace,

I am a customer service representative of helpmedownload.com. I do apologize for any inconvenience and for the confusion about the subscription and the charges that you got. Frostwire is one of our support software and we have that on our website, www.mp3musichq.com. I know it is very alarming having unknown charges, if you want to clarify things about those charges that you got, you can reach us through our Toll Free Number

AU Phone Support 1-800-469-290

You can also send us an email to support@helpmedownload.com. Or you can visit our Web-Chat which is available 24/7, www.onlinechat.helpmedownload.com.

I do apologize again but if you want clarifications and we also want to resolve the issues, please do contact us.

Regards,
    Helpmedownload.com

• Jm
      16th of Jul, 2009
    HelpMeDownLoad - no product or service provided
    Ireland

When downloading AVG Free last May the scam website (DownLoadMe.com) somehow followed on its coat tails. No product or service has been provided by this company then or since. No confirmation e-mail was provided to confirm/register the transaction, as is usual when downloading software. For this my credit card was charged 86 euro. Worse still a charge of 11.70 euro appears for June. As I am an old age pensioner I can ill afford this nonsense!
    JMF

22nd of Jul, 2009

Hello Jim Mullen,

I am a customer service representative of helpmedownload.com. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and for your negative experience. Regarding this, we are more than happy to resolve your issue either via web chat below, or email, or calling our toll free number.

AU Phone Support 1-800-469-290

Web-chat is now available! You can visit the website: www.onlinechat.helpmedownload.com for online chat support. Or you can send an email to support@helpmedownload.com

• Li
      21st of Dec, 2009
    HelpMeDownLoad - misleading sell
    British Columbia
    Canada

I wanted to download the " Free " Openoffice.org & somehow ended up buying a 3 yr. contract with Helpmedownload.com. The transaction came with a 7 day free trial & I want to cancel this contract before the 7 days are up. The transaction took place on Dec.19th, 2009. Please cancel for me or provide instructions so I may take care of it.

• In
      9th of Jan, 2010

I need to know why money was taken out of my account?

9th of Jan, 2010

Money was taken from your account because you gave us your credit information and we thought that "Hey! This person wants to give us some money so we will take it gladly." Thanks Dummy!

• Pe
      19th of Jan, 2010
    HelpMeDownLoad - want it canceled
    help me down load
    New York

every month money is taken out of my account..can't get into it to cancel acct. Want it stopped..cancel what ever add was added and call it a day..no service no need to pay..stop taking my money

17th of Mar, 2010

Hello,
    I am a customer service representative of HelpMeDownload.Com. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Regarding the charges that you got, we will be more than happy to resolve the issue either via web chat below, or email, or calling our toll free number.

AU Phone Support 1-800-469-290

Web-chat is now available! You can visit the website: www.helpmedownload.com.com for online chat support.

17th of Mar, 2010

Hello,

We would like to inform you that your New Releases and Updates has already been cancelled. Thus, you will no longer receive any monthly recurring charges from mp3musichq.com.

I hope I was able to acknowledge your concern. Please contact us again if you have any further queries or concerns in the future. Thank you very much for your valuable time and patience.

Warm regards,

support@helpmedownload.com

22nd of Mar, 2010

Hello Patricia,

AU Phone Support 1-800-469-290

Web-chat is now available! You can visit the website: helpmedownload.com for online chat support.

• Sh
      22nd of Jun, 2010
    HelpMeDownLoad - Charge to account I did not authorize
    Sheila K. Adkins
    702 N 1950 W
    Monroe
    Utah
    sa_69angel@yahoo.com

My credit card was charged on 6-21-2010 for $45.82. I did not authorize this charge and have no idea what it is even for. I want a credit back and the $30.00 over limit charge fee returned also.

This to me is fraud if I do not know what it was for or have no idea why I was charged.

06/20/2010 06/21/2010 HelpMeDownload.com Erlend heimil GBR $45.82