helpfulfolks.com / SCAMMERS

This company is a 100% scam. DO NOT do anything with them or any other company they are associated with. They will reel you in with a free trial membership then you are unable to cancel during this time and they will begin taking money out of your account. not only monthly but weekly. They are crooks. they do not ever answer there phone and the emails are ignored or a response will come back verifying your canceling yet they keep taking money out. They ONLY way to fix it is to cancel your credit card. DO NOT join any site they are with. Baydownloads.com in one of them. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM

N  22nd of Jan, 2009 by

helpfulfolks.com - Cannot cancel

Looking for a microsoft product, was redirected to a sight which said that I could download it, if I joined for $4.95.
then it came back that had purchased a megadownloadpass, I cancelled right away and recieved confirmation email. But I am still getting billed.
N  26th of Jan, 2009 by
SCAM!!! Do not do buisiness with this company. Affiliated with Baydownload.com.

Just got a phone call from my Bank, This company was trying to charge 39.99 to my account without my authorization. My bank fortunately stopped the transaction before they could charge me.
A  7th of Feb, 2009 by
absolute scamsters, so called helpfulfolks.com, aka downloadnova.com, scammed me out of $10.00 for mp3 downloads, amount supposed to be US$4.90.
was prepared to let it go, but I started getting obscene emails, after cancelling my 'ongoing subscription', which I strongly suspect come from the 'helpful folks'.
why can't such fraudsters be stopped and prosecuted?
A  21st of Feb, 2009 by
Cancel your debit cards/credit cards immediately after you find out it's a scam. That is what I did and I am getting a new card soon. They also adviced me to even change my checking account number just in case since some companies seem to have the technology to even trace your checking account number from just receiving a debit/credit card number. I am going to my bank as soon as possible to change my checking account for a new one, I found out immediately (minutes after) so I only lost 6 or 7 dollars at the most, cancel your debit card immediately, trust me, you'll be thankful later.
N  17th of Nov, 2009 by

helpfulfolks.com - Theft on VISA
Claire S. Dubois

From January 2009, I - just now - see on my VISA bills that HELPFULFOLFS, UBILLING, BILLWEBCS, PINBOXHELP, DARA, ANLUNT, have regularly debited my card. It is always amount of 39, 73$, 9, 82$; and
sometimes 2 or 3 times a month.
I know that I cannot do anything, but would like to tell you this story for other people.
As a matter of fact, it is my "fault" because not cheking my bills. Now I just have changed my VISA Card N° that I am using very much for my travels.

Thank you.