Help me Download.com / Rip off

1 Tucson, AZ, US Review updated:

I never knew I was ordering this software when I downloaded Firefox. When a charge for $81.58 appeared on my credit card bill we questioned the charge. Then a charge for $9.88 appeared and we disputed that too. Because they had gotten my information (from the Firefox download, I assume) the bank took back the provisional credit. The bank called the [protected] customer service number for HelpMeDownload.com and the supervisor Murphy actually told the bank that because we went through the dispute system it locked down their system and therefore they cannot process a credit. This is just stupid and a rip off... STAY AWAY FROM THE FIREFOX DOWNLOAD - somehow they are in bed with HelpMeDownload... you can't even get into a web site for them to see where they are located. UGH!!!

Comments

• 77
      Sep 14, 2009

i did not get what i paid for an i cant find tha web site were i ordered the software thru.. this is a total disapointment; I would like 2 kick their ###..

Feb 16, 2010

Hello,

I am a customer service representative of HelpMeDownload.Com. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and for your negative experience. Regarding the charges that you got, we will be more than happy to resolve the issue either via web chat below, or email, or calling our toll free number.

HELPMEDOWNLOAD.COM
    US Phone Support [protected]
    UK Phone Support [protected]
    AU Phone Support [protected]

Web-chat is now available! You can visit the website: www.mp3helpdesk.com for online chat support.

Feb 16, 2010

Hi,

I am a customer service representative of HelpMeDownload.Com. Please call us at this number to settle all these issues.

HELPMEDOWNLOAD.COM
    US Phone Support [protected]
    UK Phone Support [protected]
    AU Phone Support [protected]

Web-chat is now available! You can visit the website: www.onlinechat.helpmedownload.com for online chat support. Or you can send an email to [protected]@helpmedownload.com

Our Operations is available 24/7.

• Ro
      Jul 08, 2010
    Help me Download.com - charged my credit card
    ROBERT HADLEY
    Victoria
    Australia
    Phone: [protected]

CHARGED FOR DOWNLOAD 81.58 US ON MY CREDIT CARD HOW DID THEY GET MY CARD NUMBER TO TAKE OUT MONEY
    HAVE PHONED [protected] AND CANT GET CONVERSATION WITH OPERATOR, PHONE THEN CUTS OFF ?.

• Hr
      Jul 06, 2012

I've been looking around about Helpmedownload.com and I always find their canned response to complaints. First off, Firefox is not in bed with these people, when the complaint author went looking for Firefox he must have downloaded it from a 3'rd party site, same with an Australian guy who I read about who complained about their charges after downloading Open Office. Always go to the products direct web site whenever downloading free software like Firefox. If you ever get a request for a credit card number when downloading FREE software like Free AVG, Firefox, The Free version of Malwarbytes, etc. you can be sure you're on a scam site and you should close out your browser immediately. I generally open up my Task Manager and close it out manually rather than take a chance clicking on the "Are you sure you want to leave this site" Box's that show up on some of the scam sites. It also appears these people exist under a bunch of different names. Anytime someone want's money for FREE software, you can be sure you're dealing with a Scammer!

Eagle

Aug 21, 2012

Hello Hreagle,

We are very sorry for the confusion. Should you have questions or clarifications regarding our services, please feel free to contact us via our Toll Free Number, Email or Chat and rest assured that we can answer your concerns.

Regards,

Support Team
    HelpMeDownload.Com
    Toll Free: (US) [protected]; (UK) [protected]; (AU) [protected]
    Available from 8AM to 8PM EST, Mondays to Fridays.
    Email us: [protected]@HelpMeDownload.Com
    Via Chat: http://onlinechat.helpmedownload.com/SightMaxAgentInterface/PreChatSurvey.aspx?accountID=6&siteID=11&queueID=19