Help Is Here Foreclosure Prevention & Credit Repair / Scam

1 Tampa, FL, United States Review updated:

Never do business with this guy, Demetrius Lewis and his wife, Sarah Lewis who has a religious front like he is a Pastor helping others. They are SCAM artists. They are running a foreclosure prevention program and credit repair and have ripped off many poor desperate people in the Tampa Bay area. He cons them into signing over their deeds promising to do a short sale and talks most people into moving out. He then puts tenants in and rent the houses out and pockets the money leaving the original home owner still in debt. He claims to do short sales for the owners but most of them get duped out of their home. Credit repair? That's a joke. He is taking people money and they never get the results they are looking for. Don't be fooled by the testimonies on his site. They are made up. His wife is a licensed real estate broker that allows her non-licensed husband to operate this scam as though she is the overseer of the properties. You NEVER SEE OR TALK TO HER. He doesn't even have a license to operate in real estate or business.

BEWARE OF HIM. DO NOT lease with option to buy from him and DO NOT sign your house over to him. My friend has lost a lot of money and a house dealing with this guy and now his family is out on the streets living with peoople. You will know him when you see him. He has no teeth in his mouth at all. What kind of decent business person operates business without any teeth in their mouth and they want to be taken serious. Please BEWARE OF DEMETRIUS LEWIS or SARAH LEWIS at Help Is Here in Tampa FL

Comments

Ih
  27th of Aug, 2009

They helped me out. As long as you are upfront with them they will help you. A lot of people who have bad credit has it for a reason. They are nothing but two-bit complainers who don't like to pay their bills. I am a homeowner now because of them.

Sc
  2nd of Sep, 2009

I do not agree with "Mr. I have been helped." The whole company is out to scam people in bad situations. Mr. Lewis has a pathetic excuse for a company, I am ashamed to have been a part of this. You can never get ahold of the landlord, you are basically left alone to pay the rent and deal with the problems on your own. I would not reccomend working with Help is Here at all, they are truely a joke. And...The BBB gives them a "F" rating for a reason! DO NOT WORK WITH HELP IS HERE!!!

Go
  9th of Oct, 2009

I have worked at Help Is Here with Demetrius Lewis and his wife Sara. And his four beautiful kids. I have worked with Mr Lewis since almost the inception of Help Is Here, and I am very proud of both of them to see that despite the crazy mortgage industry times we are all living in, Help Is Here is still available to help all people purchase a new home. I have given advice on a few occassions on Demetrius Lewis radio show. And I must say that homeowners are very vunerable, not stupid but vunerable. When a person can no longer afford their home and the bank is threatening to foreclose, the homeowner need to learn how to let go and unload the house before the bank takes possession and the unpaid balance distroys their credit. If you know that you can no longer pay for your home it just became an investment that you can either brake even or make a profit, but get out of that debt before it distroys your mind and your credit. With my experience with Help Is Here and other Mortgage Investors will agree, the biggest complaints are the homeowners own fault, they hold on too long, taking to long to make a decision until its absolutely too late and their is nothing you can do to save their home or sell it and give them money or just save their credit. The Lewis's have a tough job, worst then a realator, at least with a realator the homeowner turned the property over and put closure to it. The Lewis's are good people working in an industry that gets a bad rap. It took to long for me to get compensated so I had to seek other employment or I would have stayed working with Help Is Here.. Good Luck Lewis's Dee

Mr
  9th of Feb, 2010

Mr. Demetrius Antonio Lewis II is quite possibly the worst business man I've ever encountered! I know, undoubtedly, that the tenants in his rental properties are in danger of living in these conditions. Mr. Lewis has been using me to cover up his messes for a while now. He doesn't fix the problems in his homes, rather he masks the problems so that the tenants think the property is liveable, when it isn't. Any responses to this complaint will be written by Mr. Demetrius Lewis himself. In fact, all of his "customer testimonials" on the website (that has since been taken down) were written by Demetrius Lewis. I found it very interesting that most of the people in his "customer testimonials" were using stock photos as their pictures. Mr. Lewis runs aound town tossing his Bible around like it's a shield when he does nothing by the word of God. FYI, just because you're a black man and you've read the Bible or attended church, doesn't make you a reverend. DO NOT WORK WITH OR FOR DEMETRIUS LEWIS OR SARAH LEWIS! They are scam artists! They will take your money and run with it! Let's get this guy off the streets of Tampa Bay! He's not doing anything positive for this community! He's taking advantage of people when they're the most vulnerable because they're getting ready to lose their homes. He buys the deed to their home for a miniscule amount of money, then doesn't follow through with what he promises. The homes then go into foreclosure anyway, and the owners are left with NOTHING! Do not listen to his pity party story about his family being homeless, don't listen to his ### about being a man of God! He's a liar and a thief! This guy deserves to be put in jail for what he's done to so many people! Careful everyone, Demetrius Lewis will threaten to sue you for defamation of character and slander, however, like the dumbass he is, he doesn't even know the definition of either! Speak up! He's a loser, liar, cheater, thief, and conartist! Get rid of this ###! If you know anyone that's done business with Demetrius Lewis, I urge you to post your issues on this board, as they cannot be erased! Get this guy out of FL!!! Don't say I didn't warn you!

Ih
  9th of Feb, 2010

I have done business with him and have not had any problems. It appears the person who mentioned "black Man" has some racial animosity. Why demean yourself and use race and profanity. I have made a lot of money because of him.

I don't know his wife that well but she appeared to be an upfront and honest individual. I believe if you channel your energy to being positive your life will be more productive. The person who stated "I have been covering for him" is obviously a disgruntled former employee.

The time you spent writing this could have been time spent looking for a job. It is a tough economic times for people and even if you are mad at someone move on. Trying to dissuade others and causing grief for someone is hardly the way to go.

Hey it is a personal choice to deal with someone and reading negative things about someone tells me a lot about the people doing the writing.

We live in a world of sin and it is not easy, GOd wants all of us to love each other as he loves us. And that means, to have compassion and love fo your neighbor, even if you feel he is lying or cheating or whatever else, your job is to love that person as God does, and if you need to take yourself away from that environment or from that person, do so but do it with class, respect and character. Never Talk bad about someone else, as God would never do that either.

28th of Feb, 2010

YOU ARE SUCH A LIAR! DEMETRIUS LEWIS AND HIS WIFE ARE SCAM ARTISTS AND HE DOES NOTHING TO HELP OTHER PEOPLE!!! I DEALT WITH THEM ABOUT RENTING A HOME AND TURNED OUT THE ORIGINAL OWNER HAD NO KNOWLEDGE THAT HE WAS RENTING OUT HER HOME, WHEN HE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE DO A "SHORT SALE". THE OTHER PERSON WHO COMPALINED ABOUT THE LEWIS' ARE CORRECT HE HAS NO TEETH IN THE FRONT OF HIS MOUTH AND THEY ARE CURRENTLY LIVING IN THE TOWN HOME THAT THEY RENTED TO ME. IN THE BEGINNING HE CALIMED THAT THEY LIVED IN HOME, SO IT'S KIND OF QUESTIONABLE NOW THAT TRHEY ARE LIVING IN A FORECLOSED TOWNHOME? COULD HE NOT HELP THEMSELVES? IF YOU SEARCH THE PINELLAS COUNTY CLERK OF COURT WEBSITE; YOU WILL SEE JUST HOW MANY TIMES HE HAS BEEN EVICTED AND HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE SUED HIM AND HIS LOVELY HIS LOVELEY WIFE SARAH (HA! HA!).

PLEASE DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE BECAUSE THEY NOT IN IT TO HELP YOU!!!

Rg
  19th of Apr, 2010

I am currently in one of his homes and now I am freaked out! Have been doing some research. Going to see him today and demand answers and proof. Wish me luck!

Li
  7th of Jun, 2010

This guy is such a loser! My family and I will be contacting news stations as well as the Tampa Tribune and other publications to attempt to get this man to stop screwing with people's lives. I was weary of Mr. Lewis when I met him and should've gone with my gut feeling. He's a smooth talker but produces no results. When asked about why things aren't working out like they were supposed to, it's excuse after excuse after excuse after excuse. This man and his wife are nothing but lying scam artists. The speak of all the success they've had in the real estate business with their "Get Rich Quick" scheme, but in all reality they have nothing. Mr. Lewis was just recently arrested for writing a bad check, and it wasn't the first time. If they're living in their own rental properties and can't pay the people they owe money to, how are they going to help anyone else? My suggestion to him and his wife would be to work on themselves before they go taking the lives of others into their hands. Do not work with this man or his wife, you'll regret it!

Th
  11th of Jul, 2011

He is operating a new business called Foreclosure In a Minute, or FIAM, LLC in Land 'O Lakes...FYI