Helfman Dodge / Bad service

Houston, TX, United States Review updated:
Contacted Helfman Dodge via the internet. Was completely dis-satisfied with their B.S. response. Contacted sales and GM by email and felt like I was "Chatting" with a couple of pre-teen nerds!! Totally un-professional.
Va

Comments

Pa
  6th of Jan, 2016
1/6/2016: Headlight went out on my 2013 Dodge Ram pickup - found out the front end has to be removed to replace it. Called Helfman Dodge (where I purchased the truck) service department and asked if my extended warranty would cover it ... was told "No but the 3 years or 36000 mile warranty will cover it". Took it in .. they only took about an hour to replace the bulb ... which I thought was excellent ... then they presented me with the bill. Told the service manager what I had been told and his response "I have to train my guys better barbecue it's 12 months 12000 miles". Paid the bill and left. Called the dealership and asked who the person was over the service department and was given the name Tim McClain and sent to his voice mail. Did not receive a call back from him but from someone named George ... he told me Mr McClain does not deal with customers just the technicians. Explained to George what happened and he asked what I wanted him to do ... told him whatever he would want done if the same thing happened to him or his wife ... his response " This would not happen to my wife because I have educated her about dealership service departments " ... then he told me everything has to be in writing from Helfman Dodge. The bill was only about $55 and George told me "I only made $21 on your repair" ... the point is your service guy lied to me .. I spent 1.5 hours in traffic and $8.50 in tolls to come to your dealership ... I could have gotten the replacement done at a mechanic shop 15 minutes from my home but because I was told it was under warranty I brought it to the dealership. So BEWARE of this dealership service department ... they lie and then blame the customer for not getting it in writing and the service department HEAD will not call you back ... he needs to get out of the business or make his service department keep their word to their customers or at least when you buy a vehicle from Helfman they need to advise you upfront that EVERYTHING has to be in writing. AVOID this service department because you can be deceived at lot closer to home... go somewhere else where you can trust their word.