HEB/Tomato Sauce / found a 3 inches odd object inside

1 Texas, United States Review updated:

I was almost done with dinner... A nice chicken parmegiana and I pour a big jar of the country fare brand of heb, tomato, garlic & onion tomato sauce, a 3 inches odd thing came out of the bottle and I immediately gag... I gave some time and pick up the stuff with a tablespoon, washed it. Oh my! It looks as it was the back of a mouse, fully cooked.
I have the picture, I even have the picture still in my digital camera.
It took me 3 month to eat anything with tomato sauce again and now, i'm doing my own tomato sauce at home.

HEB/Tomato Sauce

Comments

• Ji
      16th of May, 2009

Nah. It is a hairy finger. Didn't you get the memo?

16th of May, 2009

I called the HEB and they ask me to bring the bottle and the weird stuff to them...so i did it, they want me to grab anything i want to recover the money i waste in my dinner, i said no, just because i don't want them to think i put this object over there to get stuff from them. They told me they would bring to a lab and have it tested. The only request i made was to be notified of what was that thing and to remove the tomato sauce from the counter until the results come (i was afraid someone could get sick). After 3 weeks (with the product still selling over their counter) i contacted them and the manager said it was just some mold...no papers, no nothing.
    I will tell you, that was not mold, i do not took picture of the other side, but you could see what appear to be tinny bones out...
    I'm still mad at HEB for the way they handle my case.

mmmmmmm pasta sauce.

Perhaps there is a prize in every bottle. You know like cracker jacks. Only the "prize" you got you can do without.

• Ji
      16th of May, 2009

Did you keep a piece for your own unbiased analysis?

• Ri
      16th of May, 2009

Hey Billy I was going to be Homer Simpson and say that.

16th of May, 2009

Did you keep a piece for your own unbiased analysis?

No Billy, i do not...i was shaking ...i could not think well, and i regret not doing things differently...just because they do not respect my wish as they promised me before i gave the bottle in their hands, i ask if they were going to remove the same bottles out until the results come back, because i was worried about the people that were going to buy it. It could be something serious...even if the other bottles do not have the weird thing...it could be something that was contaminated. But, people just don't care about others when money is involved.

16th of May, 2009

I did not ask that question, JimmyLee1964 did. You are right people dont care about others if money is involved. They would even kill for money. All I said was it could be a prize, and MMMMM pasta sauce.

That comment was for you Jimmy boy.(the one from Miriam)

sorry Billy :)

forgiven :D
    anyways after reading JimmyLee1964 comment on a topic where a woman needs help because a man is abusing his son he is not that bad

16th of May, 2009

Jason...try to read everything i wrote before you have doubts about my integrity...i do not sue them, i don't even want the compensation for my lost dinner.

16th of May, 2009

You are just one of those weirdos...do you know how to read well? check the picture before you type...this crap happened a year ago. If this was a case to show up on six o'clock news, I would have done it long time ago.

16th of May, 2009

Man, you must be one frustrade guy...just for the way you type around here i can be sure of one thing. You are the kind of person that i feel sorry for. It is no secret that people who take anger on anything about others, or never being loved, never had a real friend and probally rejected by their own family. So, it is ok, i will forgive your insults. I honestly feel sorry for you Jason.
    There is nothing that means in your life, so your own way to put your anger out, is insulting anyone and everyone that you don't even know.
    I will ignore you from now own. You can call me whaterver you want. I will keep you in my prayers.

18th of May, 2009

Aawww. You're awesome Miriam. Well, I totally appreciate the post, even though I don't have that brand where I live. Best wishes to you for dealing with that. I know how traumatizing it can be to find something (and no, I'm not posting my experiences). Mmk.

18th of May, 2009

Forgot to vote. Dur.

25th of May, 2009

I'm really confused. I scratched someone's car? What are you talking about? You think I am CPNexus?

And who is this Cynthia person? I don't remember seeing you on any subjects that I took the time to post on.

Well, I'm not that CPNexus guy and I feel bad for him that you guys aren't just making stuff up. It's easy to accuse, isn't it? Anyway, I really don't have time to go making numerous accounts. I was just very entertained on this board and I thought I might be helpful to someone at some point.

Please don't harass me. I don't know you and I am new here.

• Su
      19th of Jun, 2009

Man, that ain't good.

• Ju
      13th of Sep, 2013

I punched two holes in can . When I went to use the rest and removed the lid there was a big white thing at the bottom. I still have the can in the fridge.