HEB / management

3325 W WadleyMidland, TX, United States Review updated:
3.35
Phone: (432) 697-1471
My boyfriend and I have both been working at this store for over 5 years each. Every manager there knows that we have a 4 year old together and recently had another baby, therefore, putting me on maternity leave. The day I ended up going into labor, he called and told them he wasnt going to work because I was having contractions. They said okay. The next time he went to work, they tried to write him up for missing the day I gave birth. Lo and behold, I strained my calf while delivering, leaving me unable to walk very well, let alone chase after our very active 4 year old. My bf asked a manager (a) if he could work daycare hours because I was unable to drive and he could be home while the 4 yr old gets out of daycare to take care of her. Plus, since I cannot drive, he can pick her up, go to work, get off work, pick her up, then come home. She flat out said no. She did not even try to cooperate with him. She just put him back on the register and gave him his lunch 2 hours late. Later, he went upstairs to talk to manager b and manager a was in there as well. Manager a is higher than manager b and she was telling her to change the schedules for 2 brothers so they could have the same schedule. Manager b ended up changing my bf's schedule to daycare hours because she did not understand why it was okay to change the schedules for 2 brothers, but not okay for my bf. Manager b ended up getting in trouble for changing his schedule by manager a. The next week, every time manager a was in charge of breaks, his would be over an hour late. Then manager a told him the manager (c) above her needed a copy of my limitations from the doctor. So he made a copy and gave it to mgr a along with a letter to mgr c telling her that here was a copy of my limitations as per mgr a and to let let him know if she needed anything else. Mgr a read the letter to mgr c, flipped to the dr note and without reading, told him it would be good and his schedule should be changed. The next week his schedule still was not right, but when he went to go talk to mgr c to change it since they had my dr letter, she was gone, so he wrote a note stating he would continue the schedule from last week, making him 2 hours late according to his faulty schedule. Mgr c did not get his note and asked him why he was late, he explained everything and apparently mgr a failed to even tell her what was going on or give her the letter along with my limitations. Mgr c said she did not even ask for a dr note bc she did not know he wanted to change his schedule. She said they would fix it, however, the next week, it was still not fixed. He ended up calling hr and telling them the situation. They told him he could go on maternity leave as well and get paid too. He said he would rather work for his money and he just wanted to work daycare hours in order to help me with the 4 year old. She said she did not see why that would be a problem, they wouldnt even need a doctors note for me, and she called the unit director of the store here. He said he would take care of everything. However, the following week, the schedule still was not within daycare hours. The unit director came to him and asked if everything was okay. He said no, and so the ud asked mgr c to fix it. She fixed it, printed it out, and took it to the breakroom where he was at threw it on the table in front of him, said "here." and walked out. This is the 1st week his schedule is actually right. It took 4 weeks to get his schedule right. Both mgr a and mgr c now treat him like crap and they are blaming corporate for them not getting his schedule right. He gets all his breaks and lunches late when they are in charge, and when it is really hot outside, they will put him in parking lot and leave him out there with no one else helping him. It is not like it was a surprise that we were having another baby. They knew he was going to be limited once the new baby came. The managers at midland heb are the worst. They treat all their "partners" like crap. One man slipped and sprained his neck while working in the deli. He lives 2 hours away from the store. He was told he had to come to midland 3 times a week to see the heb doctor or they wouldnt pay for his bills. How do they have the right to tell a man what doctor he can or cannot see? He does not get paid for the 6 hours a week of driving back and forth to see that doctor. Have they not seen the gas prices? They told another man that he had to come to work even though he requested a day off for jury duty or he would be written up. The man had a choice. Come to work and go to jail for missing jury duty, or go to jury duty and lose his job. What kind of place makes a man chose between work and family, or even work and his civil duties? Someone can go home early because her dog is sick (true as crazy as it is) and they be okay with that, but my boyfriend gets wrote up because a manager let him leave early because we were about to lose our apartment? Manager b was the only one that tried to help and she was punished for it. I ask anyone that reads this to please not try to work at heb. The way people get treated here is not worth the pay or the stress.

Comments

Hc
  18th of Apr, 2011
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
It just seems like your husband works for a bad store. Has he considered transferring? I would. I work for an HEB, and never have had any serious problems like this. Good luck with your baby and your health, and hopefully your husband can find/or has another job or works at another store that will treat him witht he respect he deserves.

H-E-B / HEB Grocery Company Logo H-E-B / HEB Grocery Company