heather lopez now marks / sold a sphynx with breeding rights and reneged

1 Spokane, WA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 509-951-9342

I purchased a female sphynx cat with breeding rights from heather lopez(now marks). after 4 months of email contact with her stating that tica was being a night mare with the papers, contact stopped I emailed and left phone message, still thinking tica was giving her a hard time, I called tica myself and found out she does not even have any cats reg in her name.(so my cat cant be reg)

so I emailed her with this information, and she emailed me back with a very rude degrading email stating that she never sold me a cat for breeding and that she never does sell her cat s for breeding because of these situations with people like me. but I could purchase the papers for 1800 more. big scam.

I have all of the emails that says she will sell me a female sphynx for 1200. and that she was resubmitting the papers as breeding. A month after that statement, I picked up my sphynx in person, that was when she said tica had not sent the slips yet but are on the way and she would forward them asap, of course I trusted her, I traveled from alberta canada to spokane, wa to pick the cat up, met her in person talked awhile again as we had talked on the phone at lengh before about me showing my cat from her, she said she would like this and would help as much as she could. She also said she is a big girl will be great for breeding when she is old enough.

I see she is still selling sphynx cats, I hope that some how this will help some one else. not to get taken by her.

Comments

• Aj
      24th of Feb, 2009

Please report this to TICA. Sounds like this person is a back yard breeder. The best option to find a reputable breeder is to actually attend a show.

• Pa
      31st of Jul, 2009

HELLO,

I'M VERY SORRY FOR YOU.
    IF YOU ARE SEARCHING FOR A VERY NICE SHOW/BREEDING QUALITY FEMALE REGISTERED
    I DO HAVE A WONDERFUL CALICO FEMALE, 3 MONTHS.
    I'M SELLING HER WITH BREEDING RIGHTS BECAUSE I BOUGHT HER FOR THAT.
    I REALIZE THAT I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS. I ALSO HAVE A BROWN TABBY CLASSIC AND WHITE
    MALE 6 MONTHS.
    I HAVE BOTH PARENTS PHOTOCOPY OF PEDIGREE (7 GENERATION)
    PARENTS COMES FROM EUROPE AND ARE BOTH FIV/FELV TEST NEGATIVE.
    THE FEMALE AND THE MALE ARE CCA REGISTERED AND CAN BE EASILY REGISTERED WITH TICA
    BY SENDING THEM A 3 GENERATION PEDIGREE.
    I'M ASKING 2500$ EACH AND COULD MAYBE ME A LITTLE BIT NEGOCIABLE.

IF INTERESSED LET ME KNOW

PAMELA
    819-396-3150

• Mj
      9th of Feb, 2010

I purchased a kitten from Heather Lopez Marks nearly a year ago and had such a good and positive experience, I've referred her to anyone and everyone that asks where I got my baby from.

I went to her house twice (first to see the kittens and parents then a second time to pick up my baby once he was ready) which was VERY nice (new, big, and very clean---not what a "backyard breeder" would have--located in a new subdivision). The house was so clean and I couldn't even smell litter boxes or any sign of any animals including their dog. and with a dog, 2 cats, numerous kittens and 3-4 children it was remarkably clean and tidy!! again not what a backyard breeder would live in!!!

her husband was extremely friendly and very knowledgeable like Heather. They have been wonderful to me and to my sister who purchased a kitten from heather a few months ago. any questions i ever have, she's always right there for me and willing to help and/or answer any questions i have.

-M-