H.E.A.T. Honest Engines and Transmissions / SCAM, Liars, Thieves

1 Jacksonville, FL, United States Review updated:

Honest Engines and Transmissions is just another fly by night internet scam preying on the needs of unsuspecting marks.

I went to their internet site to see if they had a used engine for my car, a message came up saying that they did and that I should call for more info- WARNING- you can put ANY make and model in their search box and the same message will come up, it is not a real search.

When I called in to get a quote, I was told they had the engine and they quoted me $1200. That sounded ok so I told them that I wanted it. They took my credit card info and said that it would arrive in 3-4 days.

3 weeks later, numerous phone calls, usually I would get put on hold then disconnected, or I would leave a message and NEVER get a returned call, my engine still had not arrived. I was finally told that there was a problem with the engine but they had another comparable one they could send me but it would cost me $1650! $450 more...Bait & Switch!

I told them that was unethical and that they should give me the engine for the same cost as the original one. They said absolutely not, so I requested that they refund my credit card.

Two weeks later...credit card still not refunded, getting a lot of runaround excuses. I reported the incident to my credit card company and they credited me back after some time.

Brad Rosenthal and Sam Rosenthal (Brad's dad) are owners of this company. They are both very sleazy and only care about trying to make the quick buck. This company apparently is only a few months old and comprised of ex-employees of another similar company that made as much as they could selling used engines and then got shut down (www.qualityenginesfast.com). Who knows how many other companies they did the same thing with.

Stay away from this company, there are a lot of reputable companies out there to do business with.

Comments

• Al
      29th of Mar, 2009
    Honest Engines And Transmissions - Fraud and cheating
    Honest Engines And Transmissions
    heatautomotive.com

Also, if you read another [redacted] on this company, you will see that someone named Stephanie, who owns the domain name for the company, claims that she has no affiliation with the company and just did a little work for them. She neglects to mention that she lives at the same residence as Brad (according to the domain registration), the owner, as well. You'll also see a testimonial from her...of course.

• Je
      22nd of Apr, 2009

ANYONE needing an engine or transmission or any auto or truck part, please give me a call I represent the nations largest auto recycler( LKQ CORPORATION, a publicly traded company..LKQX) Stocking Domestic/Foreign vehicle parts from 2009 and down, I also have a line of remanufactured engines and transmissions that carry a 3 YEAR/100, 00 MILE NATIONWIDE LIMITED WARRANTY( COVERING PARTS AND LABOR, ) ALL of my parts carry a base 6 months parts replacement warranty, as well I offer extended warranties as well. Direct telephone to me is 866-587-2157 ( Jerry Cozadd, SALES REPRESENTATIVE FOR LKQ CORPORATION)

4th of Sep, 2009

The same exact thing just happened to me. The engine was was almost four weeks late. I got the run around, no return phone calls, and when I spoke with Janice, the new tracking personnel, she was rude and ignorant. After three weeks, I told them never mind and to keep the engine. Janice told me that they would not refund my money. I am now going through my credit card company for a dispute of goods not received. I had to eat over $150 in storage fees waiting for H.E.A.T. to mail the engine. STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS.

• Pr
      10th of Sep, 2009

Same exact thing! Numerous calls, got the run around for two weeks. Found this board and immediately pulled a dispute claim with my credit card company. Never got a call back as promised from Brian & Janice, they kept saying they would “check on it”. I can’t believe I got scammed… ###.

• Mi
      17th of Sep, 2009

They have changed names to http://www.autocarenow.com/quote.html

• Fr
      21st of Sep, 2009
    Honest Engines And Transmissions - giving me the run around
    Honest Engines and Transmissions
    830-13 A1A North #235
    Point Vedra Beach
    Florida
    Phone: 904-329-3059

Bought Transmission Over the Phone on 9/3/2009 and they said it would take around 5 days to arrive and it is 9/21/2009 and no transmission has arrived to the shop it was to be sent to. I have tried to call and no one answers. I believe I have been victimized. Who should I contact?

• Su
      28th of Sep, 2009
    Honest Engines And Transmissions - giving me the run around
    HEAT honest engines and transmissions
    Florida

Like the other complaints i went online and they said they had my engine then when i called I was told of an engine for 750 dollars, I called back to purchase the engine and they didnt have the engine but had another for around 1500 dollars. i didnt purchase that engine but another engine for 1000 dollars from another vehicle that should of fit in my vehicle. after 3-4 weeks of waiting for it to come in, getting hung up on, never getting calls back, and when i do get ahold of someone getting told they would call me back and they never did, the engine finally came in but it wouldnt fit in my vehicle. Again I got the same run around with HEAT when I was trying to send the engine back to them. It wasnt till i complained to then asking to speak to there manager or someone in charge and told them i wasnt a happy customer did they help me. I had to pay out of pocket to have the engine sent back and they wont reinburse you until they get confirmation it reachs its destination is what they told me. Its been 2-3 weeks since ive sent the engine off and no responce from HEAT or have i been able to get in contact with them yet again. I think these people are very sleezy and scams stay away from honest engines and transmissions

29th of Sep, 2009

THEY GOT me too, I ordered a transmission for 875$, and got all the shipping info and invoice...I never got the part, they said it was lost/damaged in shipping, I finally get a hold of Mike via eamil, because all of a sudden, they are not answering the phone at all. this was his response:

I went ahead and looked into our shipping information and it was determined your shipment was damaged in freight. This does happen sometimes, but most of the time we are not notified of this from the shipping company (most likely they do not want us to know they damaged our goods). Since it takes a long time to dispute a damage good, we went ahead and refunded the full amount back to your card. Sorry we could not provide a transmission for you. Please see attached for the refund receipt.

Mike
    HEAT Automotive

It is now 2 weeks later, and nothing!!...I'm so appaulled, I will hardly ever use the internet for purchasing again...this is terrible, all the time my car has been at the shop waiting for a trans and this!!!

• Ro
      26th of Oct, 2009

This company, HEAT Automotive, is one of the worst I have ever dealt with. I ordered a remanufactured engine and was told it would arrive in 7-10 days. After two weeks I called to find out where the engine was. It took three more days before I finally got a call back - and that was only after threatening to cancel my order through the credit card company I used. I was assured that the engine had been shipped and given a UPS tracking number. Needless to say UPS had no record of the number.

Two days later and numerous calls later I finally was given a tracking number that actually existed. When the engine arrived it was damaged. Numerous calls and no solution offered. This cost me an additional labor charge with the mechanic to repair the damage. After my old engine was removed it placed beside the new one and it turned out the new engine was not the right engine for my car. It was the right manufacturer, it was the right size but it was for a different model and wouldn't fit. So now many more phone calls and emails and there has been no response from HEAT Automotive on this issue and this occurred over a month ago.

I have since filled a dispute of the charges with my credit card company.

I would not recommend this company to anyone for any reason.

• Tc
      24th of Sep, 2010

I had a similar experience. I wish I had checked them out more online and saw these board posts before I purchased from them! I purchased an engine from Scott under the company name AutoCareNow for $1200 and had it shipped direct to my mechanic. They ran my credit card right away and I did get a receipt/invoice. About a week later my mechanic called to tell me he had received, but it was the wrong engine- he sent it back. Spoke with Scott - they received wrong engine back, he said would see if they can send the right engine or will refund my money. Almost a month has gone by now and I have called several times, left messages on machine and with the "receptionist", no one will call me back, and the money has not been refunded. I have a dispute in now with my credit card company. STAY AWAY!! - I have seen several similar postings on other message boards also. These people are definite SCAMMERS!!