Heartland America / worst customer service

Worst customer service experience in years!
I ordered an item then learned a family member had purchased a similar one as a gift. So before the Heartland order arrived, I called Customer Service to explain and asked how to return without incurring shipping. Was told to refuse at the door or take it to a UPS center if I missed the driver. Sure enough, I missed the driver. Next day, took the unopened package to a UPS center (Staples). Got a return tracking slip. Three days later, the same package arrived at my door, again while I was not home. Called Heartland. A person identifying themselves as a supervisor had no patience for the story. Attitude, attitude, attitude! Although a Heartland customer for over 17 years, no offer to help with the postage or simply to understand that I simply did what a Heartland rep. told me to do; and which should have been logged on my order screen. Bottom line: besides the aggravating interaction with a so-called supervisor whose impudence is trumped only by a company that has apparently lost 'heart' for its customers, it's costing me $8 dollars for shipping. And BTW: I learned and confirmed, that Buy.com has exactly the same item (refurb. GPS) at $45 dollars less. I urge you to be very careful with what the 'real' cost of dealing with Heartland America is. Other dissatisfied customer reviews are worth paying attention to. No wonder Heartland does not subscribe to customer review services like this one.

Da

Comments

• Om
      4th of Apr, 2012

They don't care a whip about customer loyalty!

Just want to ship their crap out the door and even if there is a 90% return rate, they're not out a dime since they don't refund shipping.

They make their profit on the $2.99 "Order Processing Fee"

• Jj
      4th of Jun, 2012

i buy a set of solar lights one come to be bad a month later they dont have a replacement, , ??, , i paid one extra year waraanthy i like to keep de ligts any way, , , they dont refund the money for the, , , extra, war, ''', , , , , and they want for me to paid the shipping, , back??, , , , , , i never buy any thing from, , HEARTLAND OF AMERICA, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

• Br
      14th of Dec, 2012

Horrible and misleading is what they are!

• Br
      14th of Dec, 2012

Their catalogs advertise "Free Shipping on any order" but then they tack on an "Oversized item fee" without telling you, and then charge you anyway. Their "special deals" are bogus too since you can't get one without being a "Member" which costs you more money. All and all this place is a rip-off. NEVER AGAIN!