Heartland America / worst customer service
Worst customer service experience in years!
I ordered an item then learned a family member had purchased a similar one as a gift. So before the Heartland order arrived, I called Customer Service to explain and asked how to return without incurring shipping. Was told to refuse at the door or take it to a UPS center if I missed the driver. Sure enough, I missed the driver. Next day, took the unopened package to a UPS center (Staples). Got a return tracking slip. Three days later, the same package arrived at my door, again while I was not home. Called Heartland. A person identifying themselves as a supervisor had no patience for the story. Attitude, attitude, attitude! Although a Heartland customer for over 17 years, no offer to help with the postage or simply to understand that I simply did what a Heartland rep. told me to do; and which should have been logged on my order screen. Bottom line: besides the aggravating interaction with a so-called supervisor whose impudence is trumped only by a company that has apparently lost 'heart' for its customers, it's costing me $8 dollars for shipping. And BTW: I learned and confirmed, that Buy.com has exactly the same item (refurb. GPS) at $45 dollars less. I urge you to be very careful with what the 'real' cost of dealing with Heartland America is. Other dissatisfied customer reviews are worth paying attention to. No wonder Heartland does not subscribe to customer review services like this one.
More Heartland America Complaints & Reviews
- Heartland America - false advertising regarding rebates 
- Heartland America - scam charges 
- Heartland America - deceptive advertising 
- Heartland America - poor service! 
- Heartland America - unauthorized charges 
- Heartland America - unauthorized credit card charges
- Heartland America - women's fauxfur snowflake jacket. item number 96484d.
- Heartland America - telemarketing scam
- Heartland America - shoes
- Heartland America/ magnetic posture corrector - shipping charges