Hearthware Home Products / scam charges

I ordered the nuwave oven pro but when doing so I noticed some things that not only concerned me but also pissed me off. First they claim that they have 24 hour next day shipping upgrade for free, but in fact that only mean that they will ship the product from their company the next day not that it will get to you in 24 hours. Next they have a pizza kit free as long as you pay shipping and handling. The shipping and handling on it is 29.99, but on their own website you can buy the pizza kit for 24.95 and pay 9.95 for shipping. Why do they have you paying 29.99 if you get it free but only 9.95 if you buy it outright?

Or

Comments

• Co
      Dec 19, 2009

I would encourage anyone and everyone to RUN screaming from doing business with this scam operation. I was looking at purchasing it for a gift, but as I started adding up all the charges for their free crap that they add on, it became way too expnsive. I canceled out of the order thinking that I had not ordered anything. Come to find out they zap your account the second you enter your card information.

BEFORE you see a total and BEFORE you see all the add on fees and BEFORE you select shipping. Which by the way, they pick the expedited freight for you if you don't.

I got a confirmation email 23 hours AFTER I thought I had cancelled out of the order. Of course it was on a weekend and no customer service dept open. So I had to cancel the card, and they still got the money, almost $400 thank you very much. Then when I finally went through the grief of having a package roam around the country, they said they would credit my account, less shipping. Another $129 that I am not going to get back.

Please don't order from these scammers. Save yourself and your money and put this ### company out of business.

IIf anyone know about a lawsuit that I can join, please let me know!

Nov 25, 2017

@corkster01 Contact your State's Attorney General's office.

• Cr
      Mar 21, 2011

Its a little late but, copy your statement and black out any and all information except your name and the charge, then scan that copy and print that. This way they cannot get the black off the page to get your information. I hope it helps.

Oct 05, 2012

No "free" cookware sets came with the two countertop induction cooking units I ordered so I inquired as to their whereabouts. I was told that they were not included with my original order (absolute lie) but that since I had just ordered the units (7 weeks ago) I could still get "free" cookware sets just for paying s&h of $69.95 each!! I can buy a more complete set of cookware (rated for induction cooking) from Sam's Club for what they want for s&h. WE SHOULD WRITE OUR LEGISLATORS FOR RULES REQUIRING ADVERTISING FOR ITEMS TO INCLUDE THE HANDLING CHARGE AND ALLOW ONLY THE ACTUAL SHIPPING CHARGE TO BE ADDED TO THAT!! JoeOhio

Nov 16, 2012

i bought the counter top induction unit, i was charge $33 dollars for the first payment i have two more payments to go. They charge $29 dollars for the cook top, $69 for shipping which if i didn't pay for the shipping i would get the 2 frying pans, the fondue set or the steamer that they make it look like comes with it for free!!! I then called to asked if i could ship it back because i was having financial problems and really needed the money back, she said all i would get back is the $33 dollars cause the other money was for shipping and handling!!! i wish i read the reviews before i bought this thing!!! scammed customer!!!

Nov 16, 2012

how about a class action law suit there are so many complaints against this company i think they should get away with it. but i don't know how to get a class action law suit started!!!