Hearthsong / Beware

My husband placed an order with Hearthsong for two items for Christmas gifts for my step daughter. He was assured both products were in stock and would arrive in plenty of time for Christmas. With only a few days to spare, he called and spoke with another customer service representative for Hearthsong, who again assured him the gifts would arrive in time. Not only did they arrive after the holiday, but we were overcharged for both items! After calling customer service again, they said they would refund the overcharge, but no refund was posted to our credit card. After yet another call to Hearthsong, we were refunded the difference for one item, but they claim they are "working on" refunding the overcharge for the second item, whatever that means. All this for two gifts that didn't even arrive in time to give for Christmas.
Beware if you plan to order from the Hearthsong catalog! We will never place an order with them again.

Gi

Comments

• Gr
      16th of Dec, 2014

I ordered a Hugglepod and Stand for my Grandaughter for Christmas. This is a gift that she really wanted, since it was $300, this would be her only gift from us. He started to put in together and realized that the safety screws and lights were missing. (we tried to find the screws at hardware stores with no luck). I called them and they said that they would put an order in for it. I called today, and nothing still has been done and Christmas is next week. I will never deal with these people again. Looks like my Grandaughter will only be able to look at the box of the hugglepod on Christmas. We were thinking how excited she would of been when she got here and saw ;her hugglepod all set up. Order locally, you can never go wrong.

• Wa
      7th of May, 2015

I ordered from hearthsong for my son's birthday. I called after I placed the order and I asked to pay extra for expedited shipping. I had place the order on Monday and through normal shipping they told me it would arrive on the following Monday. With the expedited shipping I was told it would arrive on Thursday, but latest Friday. They charged me an extra $100 that I reluctantly paid since it was important for my son's event.
    I called Wednesday to make sure -- I was told to sit tight, it is on its way. Thursday came, no item. I called they said to sit tight. Friday came, no item. On Monday I called them -- they refused to help me. They denied saying it would come the prior week.
    What did I pay expedited for? I could actually see the tracking... it was being sent ground delivery... very slowly.
    They refused a refund on my expedited payment. I had to contest with my credit card.
    Company is a scam artist. Use the catalogue to find what you want, but then search for those same items locally!!!