Healthy Online Services-Colon Cleanse 3000 / Fraud

1 7904 E. Chapparal Rd. #A110-146Scottsdale, AZ, United States Review updated:

As has been stated by so many others...
I ordered 08/09 what I thought was a "Free Trial" and paid $9.95 shipping and handling on my cc.
I never received this free trial and actually forgot about it. In October I finally received what I know now to be my 2nd shipment which I refused - Marked Return to Sender, did not open. In Novemeber I received a charge to my credit card for 89, 95. After contacting my bank they gave me a phone number attached to the charge - turns out it was in the United kingdom I think. Because out of the country they labeled it fraud and returned the funds to my account. They cancelled my card number and issued me a new card. I called the number I was given in the UK and was told the 89.95 would be refunded to my account - which it eventually was. I thought the whole thing was over. February 28, 2010 I received a bill lin the mail for $133.95 stating I had not fullfilled my agreement to receive monthly shipments. I tried to call and explain and was very rudely told that I owed the money and that was that.
I will pursue this with the Attorney General and my attorney but I will not pay for something I did not every receive or want. You should have a right to cancel.

Comments

• Na
      4th of Mar, 2010

Exactly the same thing happened to me, right down to the amount charged. I didn't even order the free trial of colon cleanse, I ordered a free trial of acai pills. I figured out it was probably a scam and canceled my credit card, but they're still claiming I owe them money for a product I never ordered and never received. I've written to the company rather than calling. Next step will be consumer fraud complaint if they give me any trouble.

• Br
      9th of Mar, 2010

I got a letter today from them asking for $133.95 and I didn't even get anything but the free trial, which I canceled the day after I received it. They told me to keep the portion I received and they would cancel it with no further issue. They stated that they attempted to charge my card and it was declined. Which if they did they will be facing a lawsuit.

• Th
      11th of Mar, 2010

i believe the funniest thing about all these complaints is that you people think things in life are free... ### if it was free idiots then they wouldnt ask you for a damn credit card number... I understand oh booo hooooo i thought it was free i thought i was just getting it cancelled... EVERYONE IS OUT TO GET A QUICK BUCK EVEN WALMRT>>>> SO BEST ADVISE IS TO WATCH UR ### AND KEEP TRACK OF WERE U LEAVE UR CREDIT CARD TRAIL!!!

• Cu
      12th of Mar, 2010

This firm is a grouping of Maggots. "HOS" will not get anything from us, nothing was ever received, Nothing will ever be paid. They tried to claim the USPS confirms delivery of the product in June 2009; and only now they're sending a letter for payment (in March 2010). Even if they were legitimate, which they aren't, that would have to be some of the Worst business acumen I've ever seen(10 months lapse?). Thank You "HOS" for supplying more [censored] fodder for me to forward to the Attorney General's office in our State. Do Not Pay These ###, they're Matchstick Men, Grifters, Sewer dwellers.

12th of Mar, 2010

I feel exactly the same for all of the above except "THNK NXT TIME". Please note that there are REAL companies out there that do offer FREE samples without any strings. They have enough confidence in their product as to trust the public and not put the screws to them should it not go their way. Don't be so hasty to criticize; some people really are honest in this world

• La
      16th of Mar, 2010

I got a letter today from them asking for $133.95. I ordered the free trial of CC 3000 and Auci for $4.95 S/H only back in August 2009. The documentation never said anything regarding additional auto payments they would take, nor that I needed to call and cancel the free trial. The letter stated that they attempted to charge my card and it was declined. I spoke to a Marisol at "Healthy Online Services" today, only to be told that I should have called someone. Of course when I told here I had no number to call and that I did not receive the product, she stated it had been mailed and that I should have called and canceled and returned the product. Somewhere along the way she did not understand that I had no POC. When asked what the $133.95 consists of, she stated $83.95 for product (never received) and $50.00 collection fee. She also stated that she would submit a request to not receive any further literature from this company. Back in August 2009 when I did not receive any product I figured it was an internet scam and they got $4.95 for each item…not a loss to cry over, but to receive a demand for payment 7 months later ….that’s not acceptable for any type of legitimate business. She stated they had my e-mail address, why did they not contact me that way or by US mail back in September 2009…why wait until now.

• Vi
      16th of Mar, 2010

Same thing happened to me. After calling HOS and speaking to Marisol, who by the way was the most unhelpful person I have spoken to, kept insisting I pay the $109.95. This for a product I never received, never got notifications on, did not ever see 14-day trial, etc. Siz times I explained I will NOT pay anything for a product I did not get and now do not want. She would not give me the name of her supervisor to help resolve this. She did say to look up the HOS website and call that number - well guess what, it is the same number I have already called and this time, they hung up on me. Good luck trying to collect or give me bad credit.

• Ka
      16th of Mar, 2010

They are operating out of a UPS store in Scottsdale, AZ. My account was charged three times and Bank of America canceled my card due to a multitude of complains against this company. There was also a charge for a foreign transaction fee. If they are in AZ why the fee? SCAMMERS, that's why. They are not licensed by the Arizona Corporation Commission, so good luck to them trying to collect or put a negative rating on your credit reports. They cannot collect if they are not a legitimate business. They are using scare tactics. DO NOT FALL FOR IT. Most people will just pay to make this go away. DO NOT PAY THEM. This is just another type of SCAM being perpetrated against the people of America. DO NOT BECOME A VICTIM. The only reason you are getting a bill is because they cannot use your credit card number anymore. IGNORE THE BILL, IT IS NOT LEGITIMATE.

• Me
      16th of Mar, 2010

I to received a $133.95 bill dated March 08, 2010 but I had cancelled within the 14 day trial period. Nicholas told me I had missed cancelling within the 14 day trial period by several days. He was unnerved when I read to him an email from his customer service people dated within the trial period that my account had been cancelled and no further charges would be applied. I told him I also had a RMA# and had returned the trial drug.
    He hurriedly told me he would remove this from my account, thaked me, and hung-up. I will continue to hold-on to my documentation for several more years since I do not trust these people.
    Oh, I also mentioned to Nicholas that I felt like his company was a rip-off and that I would contact the Arizona ATT. Gen. if this was not corrected.
    PS to THNK NXT TIME you have tooooooo much time on your hands if you get your kicks out-of-reading a compliant board. I appreciate people trying to help people. Thank God there is someone like you that has NEVER made a mistake in life, so that you can push our faces more into the mistake we made.

18th of Mar, 2010

Same thing happened to me on all fronts. I am putting another complaint in with the bank tomorrow! These people should be arrested and fined! The collection agency that would work with them should have their credit impacted for helping perpetuate this SCAM / FRAUD.

• Un
      19th of Mar, 2010

Yes, I got the letter for $133.95 six months after I cancelled my free trial with one of their operators for Colon Cleanse over 6 months ago. Thankfully I changed my bankcard this year and they can't charge me their bogus charges. I've called, been told I am responsible for the amount and it will be issued to a collection agency. This is a sham company. Here is a reason to get a new credit card/debit number every year. I will fight this. DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY.

• Th
      22nd of Mar, 2010

I got one too! Gladly I had canceled my credit card before they tried a second time. Just talked to the guy there and laughed when he asked for my new card #! I don't want this to go to a collection agency... So hoping you all are right about it not being legitimate.

26th of Mar, 2010

I got a bill this week for, you guessed it, $133.95. Called and spoke to some guy who switched me to Sam, a superviser, who cut the price to $60.00. I told him that wouldn't be enough and mentioned that our state has an aggressive Attorney General who is interested in this sort of thing. His tone changed from amiable to confrontational. As did mine. Was trying to call them back and went on line to check them out. Won't be calling them back.

• Er
      27th of Mar, 2010

I too had the same problem. I ordered
    colon cleanser 5000 and it only gave me the ###. I spoke to a homosexual collector named jay (gay jay) who said he was going to take 4.95 off the bill. I told him I was going to fly to his location and cleanse his colon with a high powered pressure washer. He said that it was thrilling dirty talk. I asked for his supervisor and spoke to a man named Dominick. This man sounded like he was gay jays boyfriend and said he could take off $60. They said they needed to put me on hold and must have forgotten to push mute because I could hear the supervisor cussing and calling me all types of names like "just give the stupid ###ing piece of ### what he wants and hopefully he doesn't get sick and sue us." When gay jay got back on the phone I told him what I had heard and they "zeroed" my account. I plan on taking the while bottle at one time and standing over these two men while I cleanse my colon over their faces!!! What a scam.

Eric N.
    Colonial Heights, VA

• Wb
      29th of Mar, 2010

The same thing happened to me.

On March 27, 2010, I received a letter from Healthy Online Services stating that I owe $133.95 for Acai Berry Breeze with the collection rep from your company, who explained that the order was placed on July, 2009 and delivered to me in August 2009. I explained to the collection rep that this was the first correspondence that I received from the company. When I did not receive the Acai Berry I did not think anything of it. The letter also stated they tried to charge my credit card for the balance due which was declined. I asked the collection rep why I was not contacted before seven months regarding this bill. He responded that it was my responsibility to contact the company and he was not going to discuss this matter with me and they expected payment from me.

I can not believe this company is allowed to continue to operate.

• Ws
      29th of Mar, 2010

Dito Dito Dito...Ordered CC3000 July 2009, Had my Bank of Anerica Credit card "Frozen" while on vacation the BoA fraud dept. picked up a suspicious charge of $133.95 from outside the country.Never received the product period.Figured I would take the 4.95 hit and chauk it up as a life experience...On March 28.2010 I received the fraudulent" you owe $133.95 letter".Called the 877-537-2434 number 3 times waited 5-10 minutes each time only to be hung up on...I feel better knowing I am not the only one not paying the bill.These scoundrels should be quartered and drawn

• Gg
      29th of Mar, 2010

I called earlier and spoke to a Fransien{17002} she asked for my account number gave her the 6digits in the letter. She laid her spill about an attempt to collect a debt and payment of the 109.95. She said it was for a ultraslim product. Advised i had gotten the product and had my card stolen and that was why they could not receive payment. She was sweet and stated she understood and would aska sup to waive some of the late fee. Came back on the phone with two plans. Onetime credit card payment of 70.00 or 90.00 split to two easy payment plans. told her i didn't feel comfortable with giving my credit card to anyone and she stated "ok, what about money order?" stated how is that. she said call in and just give her money order information. said ok. called back and got a rude and nasty young man name Brandon stated wouldn't give me a badge number and would not transfer me to Fransien. At this time he had threaten me to pay the full amount. Told him about the conversation with the little young lady and said no its been voided one time offer. I stated no longer wanted to talk to him and asked to speak to supervisor. Gave me to a Samuel who then settled at the 70 for a money order. >>>>> Then went to google to see if balance was changed online and saw all these complaints. I already sent my money order in what can i do? I feel like they ripped me off. Oh well experienced learn. As for future people advise you to talk to anyone at the company besides Brandon!!! <### OF THE MONTH>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• Un
      30th of Mar, 2010

Do not give in to their scare tactics: read below.

Update: I called up the number listed on the letter (1-877-537-2434) for Healthy Online Services accounting department and spoke with Brandon and explained the entire situation. I told him that I know it is a scam, I know that similar companies have already been sued by several state attorney generals and have lost, I told him that I have already reported them to the Attorney Generals office and BBB in several states (AZ, MN, NJ, FL) as well as the Internet Crime Complaint Center (FBI). Brandon finally agreed to waive the entire $133.95 fee and confirmed that I would never hear from them or any third party collection agency. Then 7 days later I received a letter from a Tiburon Financial L.L.C. collection agency attempting to reclaim this debt. I was very surprised to find that Tiburon has an A+ rating with the BBB and seemed to be a relatively reputable company. I spoke with a customer service rep from Tiburon who was actually very friendly and very helpful. I explained the entire situation to him and informed him of the fraudulent nature of the company they were collecting for. He acknowledged that they had been receiving a number of complaints in regards to their collections for Healthy Online Services. He said that he would file a dispute disposition and that it would be sent back to the company. I would most likely not hear back from either of them. He also confided in me that I need not worry about this affecting my credit report as the company does not have my social security number. Just to be safe, I sent a letter (by certified mail with delivery confirmation) to the collection agency requesting a validation of the debt including the name and address of the original creditor (according to the Federal Trace Commision, in 15 U.S.C. 1692g). Hopefully this is the last I hear from any of these clowns. It is nice to know that they do not have the ability to affect my credit score without having my social security #. All they have is my name, cell phone #, and my apartment address (am leaving within a year); this provides a very tenuous link to the rest of my finances.

1st of Apr, 2010

I received the same bill for $133.95 from Healthy Online Services. ###. I also have a cancellation confirmation email from last June. Funny they took 8 months to contact me. They will not be getting any money from me and were the cause of me having my credit card number closed and reissued last fall. I hope they rot in hell. I will be filing a complaint myself to the BBB and Attorney General for good measure.

• Ru
      2nd of Apr, 2010

Thank God, I actually looked up this phone number on google.com!
    My case is no different from most of the people here. I ordered (will NEVER do that again!!!) this product and within the designated time I called and canceled. The bizarre part is that the rep with an african accent seemed to be high as he would not communicate with me like any sales agent trying to fight my business. He heard I wanted to cancel, kept quite and answered only when I asked him if he was there. At the end he simply said, it's done. No confirmation number, no thank you for your business.

Yesterday I receive a similar letter with the amount of $133.95 balance due and the threat of being reported to the collection agency if I do not cover the payment. I had to call 3 times until finally someone did not hang up on me. You are right, they are ###s. The first two listened to my issue (and I am not being rude) that I reasonably explain and I hear this pause and long sigh: So you have a problem with your debt, he says. "The bottom line is you have to pay this money or we report you to the collection agency" I ask for a supervisor and they hang up on me.

Now the sad part: the third person I talked to was nice with a heavy african accent, kept telling me about how important it is for people to respect each other when talking to each other. He said he would reduce the debt to $88.98 (or so) and that he hates to do that but after deliberation with his supervisor (which he did) he would bite the bullet as, apparently, he wasn't making any money from my 15 min phone call...I gave him my visa number, which I just reported stolen. The charge did not go through yet. Thank you all, for your comments!