Healthy Food Products / pieces of plastic-like material found in a ready-made cookies packet

1 India Review updated:

I bought a packet of ready-made cookies with brand name "Healthy's oven fresh cookies" manufactured by Healthy Food Products, Itahari-4, Sunsari, Nepal. I bought this product on 30th July in Bhaktapur, Nepal. The label in the packet mentions its weight of 70 gram. I bought it for my travel to The Netherlands. Now I am writing this complaint from the city of Delft in The Netherlands. Today I opened the packet. Actually, there are many pieces of plastic-like material with irregular shapes in the packet. Probably, the pieces of plastic were broken to smaller sizes when I carried the handbag during my air travel. I can keep with me the plastic-like material (i.e. the foreign matter) found in the packet as long as it doesn't get damaged. I am not sure whether this type of complaint from another country makes a sense. But I want to do it for a record purpose.in this regard I searched the website and thought that it is worth to write down some words here as a complaint. Thank you very much for providing this opportunity.

Th

Comments

Ta
  25th of Jan, 2013

RE: Unsafe Food Product

Dear Sir,
Regretfully, this is to inform you that I bought a packet of (Lay's- India’s Magic Masala ) potato chips on 5th January, 2013 .The details are as following Gram- 31g, Batch No-N 310A, MFD date : 4 Dec – 12 . I was surprised when my son opened the packet to eat and found a thread ( approx 8” ) with coating of masala stuck with pieces of chips.
I had also informed to customer care, Asst Manager & CEO PA, but till date there is no response. The company is selling Defective and unsafe products in the market.
The company is not at all bothered for these type of complains as it has become an MNC.
It is not about Rs.15 packet, it is about the brand Frito Lays(MNC), and how can such a big company like Lays can sell unsafe products in the market before proper quality check ?.
PepsiCo Only Display the Quality Standards for the consumers Not fullfill :-HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point).Certification by TQCSI (Australia), which confirms that products are manufactured in a food safety environment and the manufacturing process has adequate controls to track products. American Institute of Baking (USA), one of the best auditing bodies for confirming process and product safety. Our Plants are ISO 14000 certified, which confirms that the manufacturing process ensures environmental safety. Our plants are also certified to ensure that the safety of products, processes, environment and people is maintained at a very high level. This certification is issued by OHSAS 18001 (Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series), USA.
The company A.m offered me Rs 15/-in return to buy the packet to close the matter but I refused. How can a person offer me Rs.15/- to buy the packet?
Is it the right solution of problem, which many others like me are facing ? If mishappening would have taken place
Who would have been responsible for that? It’s a very shameful act on part of company’s negligence.
I request the department concerned to look into the matter and take necessary action.
Thanking you