Healthier For Me / Acai Berry / Fit Factory / Fraudulent bank charges

1 WI, United States Review updated:

I requested a free trial of acai berry and was charged $3.95 for shipping, which I agreed to. Then the nightmare began. I then received a charge for 29.95 for Fit Factory and now I've received a 90.02 charge for HEALTHIERFORME. I have not received any product and it's 2 weeks later. I have called the number for the acai berry and now for the Healthierforme and I get the same man's voice saying "due to high call volumes they've extended their hour from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. and the best time to call is between 6 p.m. and 9 p.m. My guess is that there is noone to take these calls. What a waste of my time and energy. Wouldn't you think the slime that does this sort of thing could put their energy into earning their own money. I'm so mad. I'm going to the bank and then the attorney general.

Do

Comments

• Th
      20th of Nov, 2008

I too ordered the acai berry and was charged $1.00 for shipping, which was ok. And like the other person I received a charge for $29.95 for Fit Factory and another charge for $89.31 for HEALTHIERFORME. I too have not received any of the product promised and I never agreed to the other charges. This is obviously a SCAM and the person should be shut down and thrown in jail immediately. No trial, No jury, just throw him in jail where they have to pipe light to him!

• Ju
      20th of Nov, 2008

I also ordered the same thing as listed above. I was charged $3.95 for shipping of a 30 day trial which was never received. I then was charged $29.95 to fitfactory.com which I did not agree to. Today I was charged $89.31 for Healthierforme or something to that nature. This is proposterous. I clicked on a link from CNN.COM. I believe that CNN.COM should be responsible for the actions of these people. I am going to the bank first thing in the morning to have my card cancelled and have a new number assigned to me. BEWARE!

• Ki
      20th of Nov, 2008

I also ordered the same thing as listed above. I was charged $3.95 for shipping of a 30 day trial which i did receive. I then was charged $29.95 to fitfactory.com which I did not agree to. Today I was charged $89.31 for Healthierforme or something to that nature. I called this number of 888-771-7029 and a mans voice answers but after it puts me on hold, the music comes up and then about 1 minute later it hangs up on me. My daughter is having the same problem. She said read the privacy notice on their site. Oprah and Dr. Ozz, both back this pill. I am going to contact them for some help as well.

• Ni
      21st of Nov, 2008

I had the exact same charges show up on my credit card - $3.95, $29.95 and $89.31. I called the number for fit factory on my credit card - 866-407-1022 - and told them that I didn't authorize the charge. They said that in the terms and conditions it mentions a 7 day trial period and since I didn't call to cancel before the trial period ended they charged me the $29.95. I let her know that there was no mention of a trial period and after some heavy conversation she gave me a confirmation number for the reversed charge. I am currently disputing the $89.31 charge. My bank also told me that closing your account and opening a new one might not work because these vendors ask for authorization from 3 months to 3 years. So the bank has to accept the charge if it's set up this way. However, they normally don't continue if someone disputes because the vendor's bank charges them fees for this. Good luck to anyone out there that is dealing with this. What a pain!

• Gr
      21st of Nov, 2008

Same thing happened to me. I bought my 3.95 bottle from extremeacaiberry.com and when I called to complain they said I agreed to this 89.00 charge. You have to read the terms and conditions in small print of course. I have not received a thing.

• Lu
      21st of Nov, 2008

I have had the same experience and now I have been on hold for several HOURS trying to get through to someone, I just tried to order another sample to see how I missed the "fine print" and cannot see anything that actually authorizes these charges, especially since I didn't get the "FREE" sample, just the purchased product! I live in Canada and my credit card company says the charges are valid since the company sent them the "fine print", we'll see about that!

• As
      21st of Nov, 2008

OMG!!! I just now reviewed my bank statement and got the same thing!!! i have never gotten any sample that i originally ordered which it was 3.95 for shipping...I'M SO STRESSED OUT NOW! they took my 29.95...now 89.31? omg...i'm going crazy when i'm only needing to lose the FAT!

24th of Nov, 2008

I agree 100%. I only ordered it because it said Rachael Ray's diet. The exact thing happened to me. I cancelled my card with the bank and told them that it was a fraudulent charge so they will not get my money!!! I need to report them to the better business bureau and to the news - Shame on you.

• Vi
      24th of Nov, 2008

Same thing happened to me. I talked to someone at HEALTHIERFORME and she cancelled the 89.31 and told me that there would be no more charges, but I asked if there was anyone else I needed to contact since this was the 3rd charge I had seen and she said that they were also associated with Price Limbo, so I would need to cancel that as well. So Beware! She said it was all in the fine print of the product (of which I have never received). What a scam!

26th of Nov, 2008

Same thing happened to me. I got charged $29.95 without authorization from fit-fac.com. I finally reached them they reversed the charges and said they cancelled the account. The next day I received the trial membership and thought the headaches were over. To wake up this morning and find another $89.31 charged to my account. I am furious and disgusted with this scam. Does anyone have a contact number for Healthierforme? Who has money do give away to this crap especially during the holidays.

• Be
      26th of Nov, 2008

I also got charged $29.95 without authorization from Fit Factory, after ordering Total Cleanse (I did receive the product, but haven't tried it and not sure I will). I called 866-407-1022, had no problem reaching them, and they credited my account a few days later. They made it sound like they were making an exception! What a joke!

Today, I checked my account and I had a charge of $89.31 plus a .71 international fee for Healthierforme, not to mention a $29 overlimit fee because I wasn't expecting this crap. I called 888-771-7029 and they cancelled my account (I never received the pills, by the way). I spoke to a guy named Jude who told me himself about the "small print" on the site. He offered the cancellation with no questions. This company is paying these customer service reps, who aren't even in the U.S., solely to process refunds. HOW SAD!

Make sure you get confirmation numbers for the cancellations!

• Ta
      2nd of Dec, 2008

The same thing happen. When I called the same thing is said and instead of hanging up I just waited until someone answered and cx'd with no problem. There is silence until someone picks up. This is wrong!

2nd of Dec, 2008

Same thing here...same amounts. What BS!! What is this HealthierForMe thing anyway, other than a way to scam people. GRR!!!

3rd of Dec, 2008

I'm having the same problems. I was able to get fit-fac to refund me $29.95. I could NOT get healthierforme to give me a refund for $89.31. (My credit card is disputing the charge.) Now, I have an unathorized charge from PriceLimbo.com for $8.51, which is apparently affiliated with the other companies.
    I refuse to believe that we all overlooked the possibilities of these charges. I do not recall seeing the terms and conditions when I registered for the free trial of the ACai Berry and/or Total Cleanse! Yes, the terms and conditions are posted on the website, but I don't think it was part of the registration process when we ordered the free trial. Surely, I would have noticed that I was going to be charged all these fees after 14 days!!! (I'm very responsible that way.) Furthermore, the advertisement listed a free trial of the product, NOT a free trial PERIOD. Had it been listed as a FREE TRIAL PERIOD, then we'd all been more likely to wonder...what happens AFTER that free trial period? With such a hefty fee as $89.31, the company should have warned us in BOLD, not hidden in fine print somewhere on the website.

• Mi
      31st of Dec, 2008

I, too, am in the same boat as the above people. I began calling the company on 11/17/08. I have since made 6-7 calls and have consistently been told that my refund was being processed and that they were having "system problems" causing the refunds to take longer than expected. I have been documenting when I've called and to whom I've spoken each time. Today, I called and talked to Lyn who told me that I could expect a refund on 1/2/09 and that it's taken so long due to the holidays. So, I'll be checking my bank online on Friday and if I do not see that refund, I'll be calling again. I'll post again, when (if) I ever get the refund.

• Ea
      27th of Jan, 2010

LENNOR
    I too was scarmed with this acai weight loss system . they said it was free with just 3.99 shipping fee
    now there is a overcharge on my account for $95.00 .when i called them up they said i give them authorization to do so which i did not, it was just for the 3.99.
    I know they are all going to prison very soon .do not think you can do these things and get away with it, there is a GREAT BIG GOD ABOVE .