Heald College — Lifetime Career Placement
I decided to take Heald College up on their offer of lifetime career placement for alumni. What a joke! First the Heald location couldn't help me because they didn't offer my "program" at the school and I was advised to go to another Heald location. I wondered why this wasn't brought up during my e-mail communication with the placement counselor???? Hmmm. Why don't they network their placement system for maximum coverage? The current "system" sounds very antiquated to me. Then the career "counselor" said to me "you send your resume out like this" Emphasis on the words "like" and "this." She then told me that I was doing something wrong if I wasn't getting responses to my resume. HELLO. I honestly wondered if this 21 year old "career counselor" (no offense to 21 year olds) was sticking her head in the sand. California has one of the highest unemployment rates in the nation. This girl was out of touch.
I have an outstanding resume that has been critiqued by career placement professionals. There is no way this "career counselor" was going to tell ME what's what about my resume.
Looking for a job during a recession is very frustrating, but I don't need "professionals" (and I use that word loosely) at Heald College being unhelpful and condescending.
More Heald College Complaints & Reviews
- Heald College - Fraud and cheating 
- Heald College - False Information 
- Heald College - Harassesed by the staff, no job placement, threaten they would take legal action against me 
- Heald College - Kicked out of Heald 
- Heald College - False Representation 
- Heald College Modesto - Tuition
- Salinas Heald College - Externships 
- Heald College - Unethical Practices with students and security 
- Heald College - Complaint! 
- Heald College - They will not give me a copy of my diploma