Heald CollegeLifetime Career Placement

I decided to take Heald College up on their offer of lifetime career placement for alumni. What a joke! First the Heald location couldn't help me because they didn't offer my "program" at the school and I was advised to go to another Heald location. I wondered why this wasn't brought up during my e-mail communication with the placement counselor???? Hmmm. Why don't they network their placement system for maximum coverage? The current "system" sounds very antiquated to me. Then the career "counselor" said to me "you send your resume out like this" Emphasis on the words "like" and "this." She then told me that I was doing something wrong if I wasn't getting responses to my resume. HELLO. I honestly wondered if this 21 year old "career counselor" (no offense to 21 year olds) was sticking her head in the sand. California has one of the highest unemployment rates in the nation. This girl was out of touch.

I have an outstanding resume that has been critiqued by career placement professionals. There is no way this "career counselor" was going to tell ME what's what about my resume.

Looking for a job during a recession is very frustrating, but I don't need "professionals" (and I use that word loosely) at Heald College being unhelpful and condescending.

Comments

• Mi
      Aug 23, 2009

Heald is not respected. Don't waste your time or money. As for the accountability guy I bet you ten to one he or she works for heald. I hope the students they con bring a class action law suit against them and win. HEALD IS A SCAM.

Nov 03, 2010

I'm in my 4th term as student and I was told by the financial aid office that I owe them 1700 in student loan. They want me to pay it ASAP! I was told by my admissions conselor that I'll pay the loans 6 mons. after graduation! What a scam!

May 22, 2012

I attended Heald College in Roseville, CA and I informed my career advisor that I was moving to Portland, OR. I was hopeful that she would know anything about contacting the school in Portland, but said that there was nothing she could do and good luck. Honestly, the only thing that she would fo for us is to send us job openings outlined like monster.com or let us know that work that was open we were not qualified for, but just a head's up. I then contacted the Portland campus and had some talkings with them while I was in California, but when I moved up here to Portland I emailed three people once or twice, but no response. The commercials need to stop and there should be some kind of compensation for us like not paying our student loans and paying a year compensation of what we could make in the job we went to school for.

May 22, 2012

I am still jobless and looking all on my own. I forgot to mention this

Sep 26, 2012

I have been having a problem with my financial aid for the past 5 quarters at the roseville campus. We are almost finished with the July 2012 quarter and I still don't have my financial aid package approved. I am wondering what to do, I am getting no answers from any one Can someone please help?

• Me
      Oct 19, 2012

Tigchicken--your not the only one. I just graduated Oct 2 and am still fighting to get my loans for the last 2 quarters. I finally got hold of a girl named Ryan at the Admin office in San Francisco and told her all I keep getting is that it is being processed, blah blah blah. She asked if I talked to the Director of Financial aid and I told her she only communicates through emails. Ryan called her and 30 mins later I get a phone call saying the processing center packaged me for another quarter and she will email them to go ahead and disperse my funds and cut me a check. This is after the director told me she put in a rush request 3 weeks ago for my funds. Guess what, she has been gone the last to days, So guess who I am calling again...Ryan.