HDP netdetective / fraud

United States, Maine Review updated:
HDP publishing
I purchased Net Detective for one use and then found my credit card being billed every month for $29. I tried to get into Net Detectives page to stop it and they have no record of my membership yet I am still being billed. I have tried to cancel this via US mail with no response and as I am not a "customer". Phone calls to HDP have had no results. The awful thing is that HouseHold bank is continuing to honor these charge even though I have disputed them as I can not give them information on the HDP account as HDP denies it exists. I am at the point of canceling the credit card to get rid of HDP. BEWARE STAY AWAY FROM BOTH OF THESE SCAM ARTISTS.

N  23rd of Jul, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I just read the report posted above and I am having the same problem. Except I don't even remember subscribing to anything called Netdetective. But I also found the same thing but with a different name taken out of my account...Hdp*Impromptu and then a phone number...went onling and I couldn't find anything. So apparently this company has a couple of names. I have found...Hdp*Impromptu one month and then Hdp*netdetective.net the next month but with the same phone number. Looking for a way to cancel this...if all else fails I will change my card number.

A  15th of Aug, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I'm having that problem too! It always says "HDP*impromptu". It never says anything about netdetective(I've never heard of that either), and for me it's 6.00 I'm being charged a month. The phone number does nothing. It mentions a website to go to, but it doesn't come up! Does anyone know anything that could help? I'm thinking maybe it's because of something I downloaded. Did any of you guys ever download Advanced System Care? I'm just taking a shot in the dark and assuming that might be it, but I uninstalled that long ago.
A  17th of Sep, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I am having problems with HDP*IMPROMPTU too. They've billed me $6 for the past 8 months for no reason. Most of the charges are for $6, but it looks like the first one was for $9. One of the charges was billed as HDP*NETDETECTIVE.NET. This is crap. I have no idea what I purchased that would justify this. And now I can't find them anywhere and may have to cancel my credit card. What a pain. They should be shut down!
A  2nd of Dec, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I am having the same problem with HDP*Impromptu billing my credit card for $6.00 each month. I have no idea who they are or what they are charging me for. I get no response when I call the phone # listed with the charge. I have a hard enough time paying what I do have billed to my credit card. $6.00 does'nt seem much but if they charge that amount on at least 600 cards, $3600.00 is a pretty good months pay.
Dawn B
N  15th of Mar, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I lost my debit card awhile back and had to get a new one. The new pin number I was given solved the problem. I would suggest everyone just get their pins changed.